2018 Brides!

I feel weird starting this so early, but it is what it is. I just got engaged last week on board the Carnival Fantasy and we just booked a Grand Suite last night on the Carnival Paradise on 4/28/2018 for our wedding cruise! I really wanted to do a bigger ship but we live near Tampa and it just made sense.

I know I have over 2 years to wait and plan... But I can't help myself... Found some awesome "message in a bottle" invites already I ordered samples of. Sigh...such a long wait... I hope I'm not the only one waiting so long.

Thank you! I'm super excited and happy :) We booked the cruise but still haven't booked the wedding... hopefully next week. I'm thinking with how far out we are we should have no problem getting the Time to Celebrate BIG and the DJ :) unless someone else out there is a over planner who started super early too! Really excited about the stress free aspect of this.. I only have to worry about things I actually care about!

I feel weird starting this so early, but it is what it is. I just got engaged last week on board the Carnival Fantasy and we just booked a Grand Suite last night on the Carnival Paradise on 4/28/2018 for our wedding cruise! I really wanted to do a bigger ship but we live near Tampa and it just made sense.

I know I have over 2 years to wait and plan... But I can't help myself... Found some awesome "message in a bottle" invites already I ordered samples of. Sigh...such a long wait... I hope I'm not the only one waiting so long.

Congratulations on your engagement! I will also be a 2018 bride. I've been exploring these boards to get ideas since Dec but I still have a long wayssss to go as well since our cruise dates aren't even posted yet lol. I'll be drifting around the board in the meantime and hopefully this time next year my cruise & wedding will be booked :)

Edited by DodgingRaindrops

Congratulations on your engagement! I will also be a 2018 bride. I've been exploring these boards to get ideas since Dec but I still have a long wayssss to go as well since our cruise dates aren't even posted yet lol. I'll be drifting around the board in the meantime and hopefully this time next year my cruise & wedding will be booked :)

I think I got lucky that our current "dating" anniversary is the same day we are getting married and it was already posted through April... We thought about postponing until summer and then I'd be waiting with you. I've had a lot of fun reading the previous years and have taken some good ideas from them.. It's hard not to start planning it all right now because i want too... and I have to keep reminding myself it's a long ways away LOL

Congrats on your engagement too and welcome to the wait with me!

Edited by StingRaysfan

Congrats to the both of you. I will be right along with you. I'm booked on NCL March 6th 2018. Our wedding will be in St Thomas through Island Bliss. I know 2 years seems so far, but I have this feeling it's going to fly by. Have either of you told friends and family yet? If so, how were their reactions?

<3 Crystal

Congrats to the both of you. I will be right along with you. I'm booked on NCL March 6th 2018. Our wedding will be in St Thomas through Island Bliss. I know 2 years seems so far, but I have this feeling it's going to fly by. Have either of you told friends and family yet? If so, how were their reactions?

<3 Crystal

Hi Crystal! We actually just finally booked our wedding through the cruise line. It was nice to do it early to make sure we got what we wanted, including the DJ (carnival). I'm excited right now so I'm trying to get as much done while I have the bug because I know I will get sick of it and ignore stuff for months.

Yes, I told my family, they actually helped with the booking costs which was nice. We aren't doing anything huge and it will be on board on embarkation day. The Port of Tampa is an hour and a half from where we live and nonsailing guests can come so I can't really say I've had a negative reaction at all. Then again, we are keeping it smaller with only close friends and family. I think if we chose to do a destination wedding in a port it would be a different story with the reactions. My family would go, but his mother couldn't due to medical issues and I would feel terrible about that. :( How has your family reacted?

Really hoping that as you said, it goes by fast. Thinking about when we should send out save the dates and invites right now, and thinking maybe a in about 6 months (a year and half out) so people can start booking if they want to cruise. Man, I found some nice boarding pass save the dates on zazzle.com.. just throwing that out there...

Edited by StingRaysfan

Hi April, I think that's the best way to go, book early and get what you really want. I sooo know what you mean about getting things done while you have the bug, lol. I honestly haven't been able to stop researching, I think I'm going to burn myself out. I have a pretty big family, some of them were so excited and on board. Others honestly made me feel horrible about my decision. For a few days I actually thought about canceling. The truth is though I've been dreaming of a cruise destination wedding for ever. I sat down with my parents be they said its your day, do it your way. The problem is I understood where everyone was coming from. It's an 11 day cruise and it's a bit pricey, but it's 2018 I think I'm giving enough time. I agree with you it's def important to have your soon to be MIL at the wedding, so you are doing the right thing.

When it comes to save the dates, I think a year and a half is perfect, your giving your guests an ample amount of time to plan for and/or save up for the wedding. I'm planning to send mine out by late May. Thank you so much I will check out zazzle now 😀

Wow... an 11 day cruise! Thats awesome!! We actually didnt have much choice on number of days and ship size out of Tampa, so we ended up with a 5 day. I felt the price point was better for those who wanted to come along too. Can I ask what the pricing looks like for that cruise?

I personally think you should do what makes YOU happy for your wedding. I can understand some family being perturbed but if they cant come it is what it is. I went to Vegas for my first wedding to my ex.... I got backlash from friends for that and a lot of negative comments. Didnt let it get me down though because I did what I wanted.

Kinda happy Im doing this one a little more the right way....it all feels more real and right.

Let me know if you find anything good on zazzle...Im attaching what I think we are going to do for ours... we kinda have the whole anchor thing going. Basically because of the cruise but also because he was a Navy Chief. :)

1460213275256.jpg.446cdbe7b3982ec6aa2c08ad7942b366.jpg

<3 Crystal

Yes, we told our families back in December so they could start thinking about it now since we live pretty far from Florida. New England for my side, Washington/Montana for his side. They were pretty understanding and excited for us. I think giving them such a heads up in advance, doesn't allow for much upset. We're thinking a 4-5 day cruise so people won't have to take too much time off work.

Wow... an 11 day cruise! Thats awesome!! We actually didnt have much choice on number of days and ship size out of Tampa, so we ended up with a 5 day. I felt the price point was better for those who wanted to come along too. Can I ask what the pricing looks like for that cruise?

I personally think you should do what makes YOU happy for your wedding. I can understand some family being perturbed but if they cant come it is what it is. I went to Vegas for my first wedding to my ex.... I got backlash from friends for that and a lot of negative comments. Didnt let it get me down though because I did what I wanted.

Kinda happy Im doing this one a little more the right way....it all feels more real and right.

Let me know if you find anything good on zazzle...Im attaching what I think we are going to do for ours... we kinda have the whole anchor thing going. Basically because of the cruise but also because he was a Navy Chief. :)

Your save the dates are cute! The ones I have in mind are luggage tags, I found on etsy.

Yes, we told our families back in December so they could start thinking about it now since we live pretty far from Florida. New England for my side, Washington/Montana for his side. They were pretty understanding and excited for us. I think giving them such a heads up in advance, doesn't allow for much upset. We're thinking a 4-5 day cruise so people won't have to take too much time off work.

Lol thats funny... my FH was born in Montana and raised in Washinton state. (And my family is from New England, even though a lot of us are in FL now) We have a couple people we are inviting from Montana, one of them being his dad who lives in Great Falls. A round trip between Ft Myers, FL and Great Falls MT was nearly 800 bucks a person when we went up there last summer....YIKES!

It was hard for me to spend that knowing I could go on a 7 or 8 day cruise for that. Airfare stinks..... get them started searching for airfare steals early and often!!!

Ouch! That's good to know about the Montana flights. I didn't even think about that. I was primarily focusing on flights from Seattle to Florida because that's the airport we're closest to. That's def. something for them to think about as well, if they haven't already.

That's funny that our families are from/near the same geographic location.

It is weird huh LOL.. But I've grown up down here in FL so I don't really identify with the New England/Connecticut connection very much.

Well, I'm terrible.. just terrible. Zazzle sent an email about their "goneinaflash" 33% off promo today and I saved 50 bucks ordering stamps, envelopes and save the dates... so I pulled the trigger already. I figured.. why not? :) One thing done and off the list.

Edited by StingRaysfan

Congratulations 2018 Brides although I must admit that I'm jealous to those of you that are already booked since I'm still waiting for 2017 dates to be released. :D:D

Awww Cruiser TB, I'm sure your dates will be coming out soon. It will be the most exciting moment

<3 Crystal

Thank you April, I truly apreciate your positivity. I get it, it completely feels right when you feel good about what your doing. I also like when your loved ones are rooting you on. I think those cards are soooo nice, but I'm bias I love anchors. That is so sweet I love the the symbolism between your Navy Chief /cruise and anchors. I will def post my save the dates as soon as I find them, it's so exciting. My cruise price included me, my Fiancé and our son in an aft mini suite for 11 days along with unlimited beverages and specialty dining for $5,600.

11 days seems like so much fun. Where does it head to?

I think that sounds like a great idea. The thing is we're giving family and friends plenty of time to save and take off from work if they chose to come... Right lol. Our cruise is going to the eastern Caribbean leaving from NYC , Puerto Rico, St Thomas, St Marten, BVI and St Kitts

Congratulations! I too am getting married in 2018! I have been waiting patiently for summer cruises to be released. It will help with wedding plans. I am constantly looking at RCL reviews because I am hoping to have a honeymoon on Harmony of the Seas or Oasis of the Seas. I am so excited even though yes it is two years away!!! I am also from central florida. So hey! Suncoast for the win! It will be our first time cruising so I am excited and nervous. AHHHH! Can't wait!

Congratulations!!! My husband and I are renewing our vows in 5 years, but since he suggested we do it on a cruise, I'm trying to convince him to do it in 2018 or at least 2019. I'm super excited about it because I'm a travel agent so I get to know when the new itineraries drop a few days before they are posted to the public. I've also been looking on Pinterest to get ideas and I found some amazing cruise boarding pass invitations and luggage tag RSVP cards. I know I'm entirely too early in the planning process, but I like having a realistic idea of how much money the rings we like actually cost so we can build a budget from there. Since most of our families live in New York and our anniversary is in February, we're probably going to have to book between a 7 night and a 12 night cruise. I'd figured that if we told people in advance of our plans, it wouldn't sound so unreasonable. I hope all goes well in your planning process!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Congratulations! I too am getting married in 2018! I have been waiting patiently for summer cruises to be released. It will help with wedding plans. I am constantly looking at RCL reviews because I am hoping to have a honeymoon on Harmony of the Seas or Oasis of the Seas. I am so excited even though yes it is two years away!!! I am also from central florida. So hey! Suncoast for the win! It will be our first time cruising so I am excited and nervous. AHHHH! Can't wait!

Congrats Keisabearforever, isn't this so exciting. I don't know why these cruise lines are taking so long to post the dates. They had me on my toes everyday lurking their websites, lol. Usually NCL posts their dates in December this time they passed December and waited till march. I was able to follow along with their press release to see how long I would have to wait. Thankfully the dates finally came out and now we're booked. hopping your dates are on their way.

<3 Crystal

Congratulations!!! My husband and I are renewing our vows in 5 years, but since he suggested we do it on a cruise, I'm trying to convince him to do it in 2018 or at least 2019. I'm super excited about it because I'm a travel agent so I get to know when the new itineraries drop a few days before they are posted to the public. I've also been looking on Pinterest to get ideas and I found some amazing cruise boarding pass invitations and luggage tag RSVP cards. I know I'm entirely too early in the planning process, but I like having a realistic idea of how much money the rings we like actually cost so we can build a budget from there. Since most of our families live in New York and our anniversary is in February, we're probably going to have to book between a 7 night and a 12 night cruise. I'd figured that if we told people in advance of our plans, it wouldn't sound so unreasonable. I hope all goes well in your planning process!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Congrats, by the way it's never too early lol. Why not get prepared now while you wait for your dates. This will eliminate some of the stress during the process. Your proactive that's all 😄. I am in love with the boarding pass invites as well, however I was unable to find them under $7.00 each and I need about 60. I'm not sure I'm willing to spend over $400 for them. Then again I hear people spending thousands on their invitations, so maybe this is a bargain!

<3 Crystal

Congrats, by the way it's never too early lol. Why not get prepared now while you wait for your dates. This will eliminate some of the stress during the process. Your proactive that's all 😄. I am in love with the boarding pass invites as well, however I was unable to find them under $7.00 each and I need about 60. I'm not sure I'm willing to spend over $400 for them. Then again I hear people spending thousands on their invitations, so maybe this is a bargain!

<3 Crystal

Hey Crystal, did you mean passport invites or boarding pass? They have boarding pass ones on zazzle for like 2 dollars each. Im guessing you meant passport. I think those are mad cute but seem like a lot of work. Then again, Im doing message in a bottle so I cant talk... its a little extensive too