Could not Board Fascination in Jacksonville Today. Any hope?

s7r2

Although it's a bummer what happened, on the plus side is apparently you drove to the port so you could get back home that way and tend to this with the possibility of still joining the family.

At what point did you realize you didn't have your docs? I absolutely am paranoid that I almost hop in the car with docs in hand, Gotta SEE them over and over.

Same here, I check and re-check to make sure we have it all.

OP, I hope this works out for you.

There used to be a small"cruise" line out of ft lauderdale that made day trips to Freeport. I think it was Sun Cruises?

I have made that trip without a passport about 7 yrs ago. I don't know if they are still in operation, but I think it was around $120 for the trip.

I don't know if this will help, but worth checking out.

Good luck!

There used to be a small"cruise" line out of ft lauderdale that made day trips to Freeport. I think it was Sun Cruises?

I have made that trip without a passport about 7 yrs ago. I don't know if they are still in operation, but I think it was around $120 for the trip.

I don't know if this will help, but worth checking out.

Good luck!

Celebration is the line.

There was recently a reposted thread where two men were going to be delayed because of cancelled/delayed flights. According to his account, Carnival told him he had to bring something from the airline saying that the flight was delayed because of mechanical reasons. The impression I got from reading it was that if he had only "missed" his flight he would not be allowed to catch up to the ship.

For that reason, I'd say call Carnival first and make sure they will allow you to board once you get to the Bahamas. Also, keep names, ID #, and any other important identifying information for everyone you talk to.

Question: Did they offer you the option of having someone send fax a copy of the BC? I seem to remember people saying that's a viable option but your post doesn't seem to indicate if that was expressed to you so now I'm wondering if that's really an option or not.

Good luck!

There was recently a reposted thread where two men were going to be delayed because of cancelled/delayed flights. According to his account, Carnival told him he had to bring something from the airline saying that the flight was delayed because of mechanical reasons. The impression I got from reading it was that if he had only "missed" his flight he would not be allowed to catch up to the ship.

For that reason, I'd say call Carnival first and make sure they will allow you to board once you get to the Bahamas. Also, keep names, ID #, and any other important identifying information for everyone you talk to.

Question: Did they offer you the option of having someone send fax a copy of the BC? I seem to remember people saying that's a viable option but your post doesn't seem to indicate if that was expressed to you so now I'm wondering if that's really an option or not.

Good luck!

That is why it is important for passengers to be aware of all of the options available, because sometimes such suggestions get overlooked.

Although it's a bummer what happened, on the plus side is apparently you drove to the port so you could get back home that way and tend to this with the possibility of still joining the family.

At what point did you realize you didn't have your docs? I absolutely am paranoid that I almost hop in the car with docs in hand, Gotta SEE them over and over.

That is everyone's nightmare. I am glad I am not the only one who is completely paranoid about my boarding docs and passports. There is no telling how many times I check them before we actually board. OP I hope you figure out a way to meet the ship. Please post your details here of what happened. It may help someone in the future.

First things first.........

You have to contact Carnival and make sure they are going to allow you to board the ship. Recent rules changes indicate that unless there was a failure of a common carrier (i.e. plane is delayed or canceled) they will not allow you to board in a foreign port.

It changes the cruise from a closed loop to an open loop and causes some CBP problems and expense.

As a PP said, they recently made two guys get a letter from the airline that the planes had been delayed, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to board.

Thanks for taking a look at this thread. Thanks to a bone-head move of leaving my travel docs at home I was unable to board the ship out of Jacksonville today. We were taking my daughter on a cruise to celebrate her 16th birthday. Rushed out of the house with everything but the most important thing I needed (birth certificate). My daughter was upset that I could not go but after explaining that I made a mistake I was finally able to talk them both into getting onboard. I was hopeful that I would be able to meet the ship somewhere if I could afford the flight but I have not been successful between the time it took me to leave port and arrive home. Hopeful that someone has info or a contact that can help. I've been blessed to never have a need for insurance in all my years of cruising with carnival. It would have been nice to have it but I don't even think it would have covered my bone-head move. In any case if there is some info that would be helpful I am all ears. The ship is arriving in the Bahamas on Wednesday, January 22. I am trying to be there is there is any way. Thanks in advance for your help and time.

I believe Mischelle with Carnival is working with you on getting you to meet the ship... Can you give us an update.. Did she help? Did you get your passport? Are you on your way to Nassau? If anyone can help, its Mischelle :) Good Luck...

I have an unpopular suggestion. For the extra anxiety and pressure of getting yourself there, extra expense for expedited passport (and still have to wait for it), plane tickets etc to get to a now "partial cruise", why not try to book another when your affairs are in order? Just a thought;)

I have an unpopular suggestion. For the extra anxiety and pressure of getting yourself there, extra expense for expedited passport (and still have to wait for it), plane tickets etc to get to a now "partial cruise", why not try to book another when your affairs are in order? Just a thought;)

I would probably try to go to the trouble myself because the cruise was to be a celebration of the daughters birthday. I wouldn't want to disappoint my daughter and would do everything I could to make it right.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, I can't imagine how you AND your family must feel. Please let us know how you make out. Sending nothing but good thoughts out to you all :)

Dee

THank you so much. I talked to them both today. they are still a little sad and I am of course feeling like a heel for having made the mistake. Wife is feeling a little less safe without me so she may not get off the ship in any ports. Tried to reassure her.......

THank you so much. I talked to them both today. they are still a little sad and I am of course feeling like a heel for having made the mistake. Wife is feeling a little less safe without me so she may not get off the ship in any ports. Tried to reassure her.......

Hoping for a good outcome and that you make it there to meet up with your family and can enjoy the rest of your vacation. Good luck

Morning all. First off I'd like to say THANK YOU for all of the well wishes and suggestions. Thankfully I had registered for an expedited passport for another trip prior to leaving. I was able to pick it up this morning so it is in hand. Now trying to determine what the other options are. I understand that it may not be possible to meet the ship because of new changes even though I have my passport in hand. Still optimistic though. Will keep working on it until I hit a wall. If you know someone of influence on the carnival side please let me know. I am glad to provide my contact info. Thanks again all for your time and concern.

Morning all. First off I'd like to say THANK YOU for all of the well wishes and suggestions. Thankfully I had registered for an expedited passport for another trip prior to leaving. I was able to pick it up this morning so it is in hand. Now trying to determine what the other options are. I understand that it may not be possible to meet the ship because of new changes even though I have my passport in hand. Still optimistic though. Will keep working on it until I hit a wall. If you know someone of influence on the carnival side please let me know. I am glad to provide my contact info. Thanks again all for your time and concern.

You were able to renew a passport same day without confirmed travel? Interesting. I couldn't even do that here in NYC.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/information/where-to-apply.html

Good luck!

Same here, I check and re-check to make sure we have it all.

OP, I hope this works out for you.

It was a total goof and lack of focus on my part. Spent the day prior running around. Woke up a little later than I intended to so I started rushing to get out to the port. I always like to get there early in case there are any issues (car trouble, issues at port, etc..). In all my years cruising with carnival I've never made this mistake. I picked a fine time to goof.

You were able to renew a passport same day without confirmed travel? Interesting. I couldn't even do that here in NYC.

I already had a request in at the expedited facility here in Atlanta for another trip in three weeks. I went thru the qualification process last week. It was eligible for pickup last Friday. Since I did not need it for the cruise I called them to let them know I'dpick it up when I got back from the cruise.

This is exactly why I never leave my husband in charge of any documents. As others have said...I check, recheck and check again.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

I'd be so pissed at myself!

I hope you are able to meet the ship and enjoy the rest of the cruise!