Any chance the NCAA Championship will be shown on the Sky?

2hearted

They might. Sometimes the ships will pick up special US based sporting events, and show them in a bar, or other common area. Don't expect it in the cabin.

As an aside I can't figure out why people who have interest in certain US sporting events, book cruises when those events will happen. It's not like the timing on the events i not know well ahead of time.

They might. Sometimes the ships will pick up special US based sporting events, and show them in a bar, or other common area. Don't expect it in the cabin.

As an aside I can't figure out why people who have interest in certain US sporting events, book cruises when those events will happen. It's not like the timing on the events i not know well ahead of time.

Maybe it’s because it is the only week that works with their schedule. I️ don’t think a 3 hour sporting event changes too many people’s minds about taking a vacation. Unless their kid is on the team. Also, it’s pretty unbelievable any cruise line sailing out of the USA would not show major sporting events on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe it’s because it is the only week that works with their schedule. I️ don’t think a 3 hour sporting event changes too many people’s minds about taking a vacation. Unless their kid is on the team. Also, it’s pretty unbelievable any cruise line sailing out of the USA would not show major sporting events on TV.

It may be unbelievable to you, but I do not know of any mass market or luxury line sailing out of the US that regularly shows major US sporting events, other than the Super Bowl.

Being I was on a cruise for the 1st ever National Championship,and NCL trying to pre-sell a party, the answer is Good Luck!

That is until we were told false information about where it would be shown.

NCL certainly underestimated the number of people interested in the game.

It wasn’t until O’Sheehans became a cluster “F” that they did something!

It may be unbelievable to you, but I do not know of any mass market or luxury line sailing out of the US that regularly shows major US sporting events, other than the Super Bowl.

Are you serious?

I have watched NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA FB & BB and even the PGA Tour more times than I can count on all of the mainstream lines. NCL is by far the worst because they carry no local network feeds.

Yup.....I was on the Escape in November and there wasn't one college football game that Saturday. Quite a few were unhappy to miss several big games. They did play NFL but it was from some sort of feed independent from the networks.

We were on the Getaway during the NCAA Basketball Championship game (Kentucky vs Louisville). They played the game on the big screen and it was fun watching the game with people we didn't know. :)

We were on the Sky during bowl games and they wouldn't show any of the games. Said something about contracts. Hopefully you will get lucky and they will show the game. It will be a good one!

Go DAWGS!!

Are you serious?

I have watched NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA FB & BB and even the PGA Tour more times than I can count on all of the mainstream lines. NCL is by far the worst because they carry no local network feeds.

In October NCL showed NFL games on Sunday and Monday (4 games). No college football or World Series.

We would ❤️ to be able to watch it. As diehard Georgia Tech fans, it smarts a little to see our arch rival in the big game but it will be a great one to watch. Roll tide! (That feels so wrong...) Can’t wait to escape this cold and be onboard with drink in hand in a few days!! ☀️

On the Pearl last week the college football playoff semis happened while the ship's sports feeds showed Australian cricket and NBA basketball. They did set up special viewings last night for an NFL wildcard game, though.

We took a Med cruise right in the middle of the NCAA Basketball tournament, and couldn't find coverage on board for a single game, in our cabin or in public spaces. It bugged us for a minute, and then we didn't mind at all! But it did surprise us a little at first that the ship had CNN and MSNBC, but didn't have ESPN.