Any cuba cruise reviews yet???

alexandra cruiser

Thanks for update, mine is the 3 port one next yr.Will have to wait a bit for any members on next one to post a review.

Know when I booked this, it was almost all full for this yr.to Cuba, and much of next.Sure O will do its best to make cruises safe and enjoyable,,,even under tighter restrictions.If people cancel,,,sure many on waitlist to take their place.

• 2 weeks later...

Alexandra, I’m with you... I want to hear how Oceania does the 3 port cruise now that there are greater restrictions. No excursions listed yet for my Dec 10 of 2018 departure yet but the ship appears fully booked. Time will tell but I’m hoping to know by April - trying to surprise my DH with the reservation as a birthday gift.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Alexandra, I’m with you... I want to hear how Oceania does the 3 port cruise now that there are greater restrictions. No excursions listed yet for my Dec 10 of 2018 departure yet but the ship appears fully booked. Time will tell but I’m hoping to know by April - trying to surprise my DH with the reservation as a birthday gift.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You could always look at the upcoming cruises for the excursions offered

They will probably be the same for next year

For US citizens? Has Oceania issued a statement?

Just to clarify

When is your cruise ?

When did you book it?

On the left side of the FAQ's page there is a tab

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/

CUBA then read through the rules there

Also check on the Ports of call forum here under Caribbean > Cuba

Lots of discussions from US citizens on their visits to CUBA

Edited by LHT28

Just booked. Dec. 15. Will look at FAQ. Thx, helpful.

If you just booked your cruise, you will have to take the ships tours. Only those who booked prior to June are grandfathered in and allowed to take private tours.

K

I doubt they will have "minders" following US citizens around so you can take a chance & do your own thing

This is the official party line

What if I purchased my voyage on or after June 16, 2017?

Guests who purchased their voyage on or after June 16, 2017 can travel to Cuba under the group people-to-people general license and participate in OFAC-compliant people-to-people exchanges through Oceania or a third party U.S. sponsoring organization accompanied by a U.S. individual of the sponsoring organization to ensure a full-time schedule of educational exchange activities intended to enhance contact with the Cuban people and that will result in meaningful interaction between the passenger and individuals in Cuba.

I doubt they will have "minders" following US citizens around so you can take a chance & do your own thing

This is the official party line

What if I purchased my voyage on or after June 16, 2017?

Guests who purchased their voyage on or after June 16, 2017 can travel to Cuba under the group people-to-people general license and participate in OFAC-compliant people-to-people exchanges through Oceania or a third party U.S. sponsoring organization accompanied by a U.S. individual of the sponsoring organization to ensure a full-time schedule of educational exchange activities intended to enhance contact with the Cuban people and that will result in meaningful interaction between the passenger and individuals in Cuba.

I agree that you are unlikely to get caught, especially since almost everyone else on your cruise purchased before the June deadline. Of course, I have no idea of the level of scrutiny US cruisers to Cuba are receiving at Miami customs.