Labadee -best beach for water access, loungers?

chapmgx

Cruising in May on Allure with Labadee on the itinerary. First time there. Which beach(es) is best for relaxing on beach with water access and also shade options? Cabanas and Bungalows are sold out. What are the chances a bungalow will become available?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Columbus Cove is your best option for shade close to the water. The other beaches have it as well, but not right next to the water. I agree with the others - there is no need for a bungalow or a cabana (or a clamshell) if your goal is to have shade.

• 2 weeks later...

We did Nellie's Cove and the cove was very nice, but quickly became over crowded with lounge chairs. The floating cushions worked well in the cove as the water was very still. The bungalows were on both sides of the cove. Also, close to the rest rooms and the buffet and the souvenir shops.

I don't ever remember hearing kids from the water park. It is a bit out in the water and it is a lot of work to swim and climb and go from place to place, so the kids are pretty worn out. I guess if you were close enough, you might hear them, but for the most part I would say you cannot.

• 2 months later...
Columbus Cove is our go to spot when at Labadee. Has everything close by.

is columbus cove relatively free of rocks when entering the water.... have a handicap person with us so looking for sandy bottom not rocky... thanks

is columbus cove relatively free of rocks when entering the water.... have a handicap person with us so looking for sandy bottom not rocky... thanks

Yes, Columbus Cove is the least rocky of all the beaches at Labadee. You will not see a rock or a fish. Unfortunately, it is also the furthest away from the pier. Which means if mobility is an issue, you will need to take the free tram to get to/from the beach. In the AM, you also have the option of taking a ferry to get to Columbus Cove, but you have to take the tram back to the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

So if heading to Columbus Cove can you just walk there and is there normally loungers available. I've seen RC have beach loungers for 2 available but they say the quieter side of the island - is that Columbus Cove and is it worth pre-booking or is it normally easy to find loungers

Thanks

So if heading to Columbus Cove can you just walk there and is there normally loungers available. I've seen RC have beach loungers for 2 available but they say the quieter side of the island - is that Columbus Cove and is it worth pre-booking or is it normally easy to find loungers Thanks

Yes, you can just walk to Columbus Cove (you can walk to any spot on Labadee) and there are plenty of free loungers. The early birds will get the prime spots in the shade by the water, but there is a lot of room, a lot of shade, and even more loungers.

The ones you can reserve are two loungers next to each other with a clamshell shade covering over them - they are called Clam Shells. They are on a different beach - Adrenaline Beach - which does not have as many trees or as much shade. Adrenaline Beach is probably the 'quieter' beach of the two and if shade is an issue and Adrenaline Beach is your destination, then it might be worth booking. Although I think there are usually clam shells available when you get there, but I do not know that for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
What part of the beach is the Aqua Park located? Does anyone know how much it costs per child?

You access the small pier to the Aqua Park from Columbus Cove Beach - closer to the north end by the water slide. The cost is $19.75 per the website, but RC will often have sales of 10% - 30% off their excursions. You get to use the Aqua Park for a hour - it is not an All Day thing, but for most people an hour is plenty of time.

If you have already purchased it, you can cancel and repurchase at the cheaper rate. Also, it is unlikely it will sell out, so you can buy it when you get there if you want to hold out to see what the weather is like. Not likely to be on sale then, however.

• 3 weeks later...
How often do the Tenders run from the ship and beach back and forth

There are no Tenders at Labadee anymore. All of the ships dock at the pier and people can come and go as they please. They do have a small boat that will take people from the pier to Columbus Cove. It is a one-way only ride and it operates in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...
There are no Tenders at Labadee anymore. All of the ships dock at the pier and people can come and go as they please. They do have a small boat that will take people from the pier to Columbus Cove. It is a one-way only ride and it operates in the morning.

Hi RMH, I didn't realize this was available! Was there a cost associated? Thanks!

Hi RMH, I didn't realize this was available! Was there a cost associated? Thanks!

The boat ride is free. As mentioned, it is one way only ( to the beach ) and only runs in the morning. You still have a short walk to Columbus Cove after getting off.