Bermuda April 13th 2019 questions

We have been looking at Anthem to Bermuda for some time now for 2019 but I'm not a big fan of the 5 day cruises. So I saw a few 7 day Bermuda cruises. We are not huge beach goers so the water temp won't matter all that much. I just love seeing the beautiful sights of Bermuda. How is the weather this time a year temperature wise? It isn't going to be cold will it? Not like jersey cold right? Is this in general a good time a year to visit Bermuda? Thanks for any info.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We have been looking at Anthem to Bermuda for some time now for 2019 but I'm not a big fan of the 5 day cruises. So I saw a few 7 day Bermuda cruises. We are not huge beach goers so the water temp won't matter all that much. I just love seeing the beautiful sights of Bermuda. How is the weather this time a year temperature wise? It isn't going to be cold will it? Not like jersey cold right? Is this in general a good time a year to visit Bermuda? Thanks for any info.

It will likely be too cold to enjoy the beaches. When we were there in April a few years ago, they told us that they usually don't hit the beaches until July.

The weather won't be New Jersey cold in Bermuda. As you know it won't be beach weather but the temp there should be pleasant. In the 60's but it could reach 70. I would call it golf weather. The main cons of going in April is that your sailing weather to and from won't be outside deck weather but I understand that Anthem is an indoor ship. Another con is that the ferries in Bermuda are on a winter schedule which means ferry service to Hamiltion but no ferry service to St.George's.

The weather won't be New Jersey cold in Bermuda. As you know it won't be beach weather but the temp there should be pleasant. In the 60's but it could reach 70. I would call it golf weather. The main cons of going in April is that your sailing weather to and from won't be outside deck weather but I understand that Anthem is an indoor ship. Another con is that the ferries in Bermuda are on a winter schedule which means ferry service to Hamiltion but no ferry service to St.George's.
Oh that's actually really good info thanks. I read about weather and attractions on the above link but wanted a more personal take on Bermuda in April. We have been to Bermuda 3 times but mostly in the Fall like October. Actually 2 times in October, once in July that we paid an absolute fortune for and won't do again.

We, or I should say I'm tired of going in fall and having to sweat out and dodge hurricanes. I wish Royal Caribbean did most Bermuda cruises 7 days instead of 5. Thanks again for the info, appreciate it.

We, or I should say I'm tired of going in fall and having to sweat out and dodge hurricanes. I wish Royal Caribbean did most Bermuda cruises 7 days instead of 5. Thanks again for the info, appreciate it.

That is why I do Celebrity which does 7 days to Bermuda from May to September. I would like to try Anthem but I didn’t like the shorter time in Bermuda when I went on Explorer of the Seas when it was Royal Caribbean’s ship doing the 5 day Bermuda sailings.

We've been there in the middle of April and the 1st week of May. To me, also not a beach person, the weather is just perfect for walking and hiking tours. The botanical gardens may not be in full bloom if that is of interest to you.

As to the ferry being on the winter schedule when we sailed in mid-April, the ferry to Saint George did run. Since there were 2 ships in port, but it was just 2 departures and return times, equally spaced out each day to the Dockyard.

We've been there in the middle of April and the 1st week of May. To me, also not a beach person, the weather is just perfect for walking and hiking tours. The botanical gardens may not be in full bloom if that is of interest to you.

As to the ferry being on the winter schedule when we sailed in mid-April, the ferry to Saint George did run. Since there were 2 ships in port, but it was just 2 departures and return times, equally spaced out each day to the Dockyard.

Thank you, appreciate the info. I think we may take the chance and go in April, give it a shot. I mean Bermuda is always beautiful unless there is a hurricane coming through. No matter what we'll have fun. Thanks again, appreciate it.

Thank you, appreciate the info. I think we may take the chance and go in April, give it a shot. I mean Bermuda is always beautiful unless there is a hurricane coming through. No matter what we'll have fun. Thanks again, appreciate it.

JAMESCC you may or may not realise that the 13th April 2019 Bermuda cruise has had a night removed in Bermuda for a stop in Boston.

We were booked on the 20th April 7 night Bermuda cruise and they changed the itinerary after we had booked so we decided to cancel.

Some travel agents are still showing the original 2 nights in Bermuda so thought I’d mention it in case you weren’t aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

JAMESCC you may or may not realise that the 13th April 2019 Bermuda cruise has had a night removed in Bermuda for a stop in Boston.

We were booked on the 20th April 7 night Bermuda cruise and they changed the itinerary after we had booked so we decided to cancel.

Some travel agents are still showing the original 2 nights in Bermuda so thought I’d mention it in case you weren’t aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I actually kinda like that but no I didn't know that. I didn't say that on the Royal Caribbean website.

We were in Bermuda end of April last year and found the weather perfect - not nearly as humid as later in the season. We were comfortable on the ferry and walking the beach in tee shirts - thoroughly enjoyed fewer crowds. Did not swim though many hearty souls were in the water. Got quite hot when walking around St. George. Would love to go back in April again.

We were in Bermuda end of April last year and found the weather perfect - not nearly as humid as later in the season. We were comfortable on the ferry and walking the beach in tee shirts - thoroughly enjoyed fewer crowds. Did not swim though many hearty souls were in the water. Got quite hot when walking around St. George. Would love to go back in April again.
Thanks, I did take a look at the itinerary again and it does stop in Boston on the way back which I like even more now. Really thinking of booking this next week. The weird thing is and it's probably because Royal Caribbeans website stinks but I can't find the shore time, and docking times on this cruise. I mean it doesn't matter that much but I would kinda like to know.

Oh I'm looking at the balconies with a large balcony. Is that worth the extra money? Meaning is the balcony actually big? I like that you get midship with those too.

Thanks, I did take a look at the itinerary again and it does stop in Boston on the way back which I like even more now. Really thinking of booking this next week. The weird thing is and it's probably because Royal Caribbeans website stinks but I can't find the shore time, and docking times on this cruise. I mean it doesn't matter that much but I would kinda like to know.

Oh I'm looking at the balconies with a large balcony. Is that worth the extra money? Meaning is the balcony actually big? I like that you get midship with those too.

It is up to you but I would not bother booking a balcony cabin with three sea days cruising the Atlantic during the month of April. I have cruised the Atlantic in April and May. It is likely going to be brisk out there. YMMV.

It is up to you but I would not bother booking a balcony cabin with three sea days cruising the Atlantic during the month of April. I have cruised the Atlantic in April and May. It is likely going to be brisk out there. YMMV.
I hear what you are saying but I can't book and stay in an inside cabin. Claustrophobic and not very fun. Same kinda goes for the ocean view. It's a little better with a window but still not for me. I don't think they are that far apart price wise either.