Best way to Anse Chastanet

GCBCKat57

I want to go here so bad when we cruise in April 2006 but I'm very turned off by what I'm reading about the horrible ride south by taxi/van. Can anyone point me to water taxi/catamaran,etc links for travel from Castries down to Anse Chastanet? I'm looking all over the Internet, but my searching has been futile so far.

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

We went by boat with Peter the Great. He really did a great trip for us. The snorkeling at Anse Chastenet was some of the best I've done in recent years including St. John. You also get to see the drive in volcano and waterfall. Really a great day.

He is at http://www.exortictours.com

Tell him the big family group from Virginia says hi!

P.S. after riding on a few of the roads to the volcano, I would never go by taxi. It was showering off and on our day and the taxis refused to take anyone south that day because the roads were bad and now slick and muddy.

Hi, This tour sounds great. We will be stopping in St. Lucia in January so I tried sending him an email using the email address he has listed on his website. It came back saying there was no Yahoo address with that name. How did you contact him?

Kathy-

I wouldn't rule out the taxi. We just returned from a cruise there in November and went from Castries to Anse Chastanet with Martis of Phillip Tours. He was a terrific driver, and the view on the way down was amazing! He even pulled into a local bakery and got us some fresh bread, then waited while we visited the spa at Anse Chastanet. He and his father are great! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a safe and knowledgable, as well as very courteous, driver. His email is philliptours@hotmail.com and his website is http://www3.sympatico.ca/angeld/. Have fun!:)

We actually had no trip planned that day but met Peter in the cruise ship terminal. He hangs out in there with a picture posterboard advertising his tour. His boat was a very short walk from the terminal.

He gave me his bus. card with phone numbers (758)720-6277 or 716-5739.

• 1 month later...

Archived