Best way to get to Anse Chastenet

GCBCKat57

Hi all...still figuring out our itineraries for our 4/22 Serenade cruise. I'd love to go to Anse Chastenet for the day but a little concerned about the travel. I've heard the cab ride is long and motion-sickness inducing. Trying to find out if there's a way to get there by boat from the port area. Is this something one is better off doing through a planned excursion, or are there services we can book on our own? As far as an excursion, not sure I want to participate in a host of other activities before finally landing on the beach...i.e., the sulphur springs or other stops.

Please pass along any information, past experiences, etc.

Thank,

Kathy

We just took the tour last Wednesday. I cannot say enough about Cosol. I posted a review just a few days ago. The cab ride is long, but Cosol stops at many places along the way to take pictures and stop at local merchants for food tasting. I didn't mind the windy road, we were in a small van, I sat in the middle back seat, staring forward. Make sure you have something to eat. I tend to get motion sickness, especially on am large tour bus. The driveway road to the Anse Resort is really bumpy and unpaved. I'm not sure any of the boat shore excursions will stop at the Anse Resort, with the exception of the certified diver's excursion.

After viewing both the Anse Resort and the Jalousie Hilton, I would pick the Jalousie over the Anse Resort. The Jalousie is right in the middle of the Pitons. When we arrived at the Anse, we went to the guest relations and had to climb 50 stairs to get there! I am in shape, but it was alot of climbing, they do not have elevators at this resort. The Jalousie Hilton has small shuttles that transport you all over the resort. The problem was the Jalousie would not allow us to stay on the resort, we had a supervised tour by one of the shuttle drivers. We were, however, allowed on the Anse Resort. I guess it is a matter of taste, you might prefer the Anse Resort over the Hilton Jalousie.

My advice is to not worry about motion sickness, just have fun. I was so busy looking everywhere that I didn't even notice.

Hope this helps.

We were in St. Lucia in 2002, although not on a cruise. We took a cab from Castries to Ladera (which isn't far from Anse), and the ride is TOUGH! Small windy roads. My poor DH was GREEN by the time we got out of the cab. I have to second the Hilton. Even though we stayed at Ladera, we spent all our time at the Hilton on their beach.

They have a great snokeling area right at the base of the Piton.

JacobOliver and SweatPea...thanks for your feeedback. If I was doing a land vacation, I think I'd go with Ladera...it has definitely caught my imagination. But, for cruise purposes, am I correct in assuming that the Anse Chastenet resort will let us spend time at their resort enjoying the beach, snorkeling, and maybe some lunch and drinks?

Also, can I arrange with Cosol to actually have us spend most of our time there and supplement with just a bit of sight seeing? I think I'd like to be out of the cab as much as possible :o ...thinking I just might double up on my bonine that day:rolleyes: .

Finally, do you have contact information for him? Does he have a website or something? Thanks so much for your help.

Kathy

Cosol's e-mail address is Cosol966@hotmail.com. He reads it every evening or his son might check on it. You will really enjoy being with him. Yes, you can customize your tour. If you would just like to stay at the beach on Anse Chasenet resort, Cosol can arrange this. I believe their is an additional cost for lunch and snorkeling ($40 per person.) The Hilton was lovely, but they made Cosol wait in the parking lot and drove us around for approximately 10 minutes to view the property. Wish we had more time to view the hotel, their beach and grounds.

Our tour consisted of a few stops along the way, I found it quite interesting. Tasted bananas from the plantation, homemade breads, and fish cakes, homemade rum. I have to admit, the roads are windy... I did not get sick (I usually do.) You might opt to go straight to the hotels and then do sightseeing on the way back. Tell Cosol that the Red Sox fans said "Hello", he will remember us. He will do whatever you ask. :p Have fun and let me know if you need more information.

• 2 weeks later...
Cosol's e-mail address is Cosol966@hotmail.com. Yes, you can customize your tour. If you would just like to stay at the beach on Anse Chasenet resort, Cosol can arrange this. I believe their is an additional cost for lunch and snorkeling ($40 per person.)

I'm wondering how we might be able to customimze our tour in this way if he's got a van full of folks who are expecting to visit the waterfall, volcano, botanical garden, marigot bay, fishing villages, banana plantation - the itinerary he listed in his response to my email?

Kathy

Cosol's e-mail address is Cosol966@hotmail.com. He reads it every evening or his son might check on it. You will really enjoy being with him. Yes, you can customize your tour. If you would just like to stay at the beach on Anse Chasenet resort, Cosol can arrange this. I believe their is an additional cost for lunch and snorkeling ($40 per person.).

I'm wondering how he can customize his tour if he's got folks expecting to visit the falls, banana plantation, marigot bay, gardens - the itinerary he listed in his email response to me?

Kathy

• 1 month later...

Archived