Alcohol - bringing on ship

Scottygirl1

• 2 months later...
You will be fine, there is no issue taking alcohol on board at embarkation or after port calls. Cunard treats their passengers as adults !

Have a wonderful time.

JUST BOOKED P/O CRUISE THIS IS THEIR ADVISE (is it going to be Carnival new policy across the board I wonder?)

We hope you are looking forward to your cruise. Ahead of your arrival, we wanted to advise about changes to our alcohol policy.

As of 1 February 2018, guests can only bring on board a single bottle of alcohol (up to 1litre in size) as they embark the ship for the first time only.

And alcohol bought at ports along the way cannot be consumed while on board.

Another policy change, as of 1 January 2018, means fancy dress, novelty or clothing personalised with images/slogans will not be permitted (a change from the policy wording in the January 2018 - October 2019 brochure).

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you on board

very soon.

JUST BOOKED P/O CRUISE THIS IS THEIR ADVISE (is it going to be Carnival new policy across the board I wonder?)

We hope you are looking forward to your cruise. Ahead of your arrival, we wanted to advise about changes to our alcohol policy.

As of 1 February 2018, guests can only bring on board a single bottle of alcohol (up to 1litre in size) as they embark the ship for the first time only.

And alcohol bought at ports along the way cannot be consumed while on board.

Another policy change, as of 1 January 2018, means fancy dress, novelty or clothing personalised with images/slogans will not be permitted (a change from the policy wording in the January 2018 - October 2019 brochure).

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you on board

very soon.

Cunard haven't introduced this policy.

• 4 months later...
Cunard haven't introduced this policy.

Thought I might boost this post and see if anyone has heard anything new. Have a 13 day voyage later this year aboard QM2 and was curious to see if things have changed based on any recent voyages.

Thanks in advance and happy sailing!

B.

So, this whole alcohol thing is a bit mad. We have a long trip coming up, so going to take a few bottles on board. My question for you wise people is WHERE to drink them if we don’t want to sit in our windowless cabin? Not in any of the bars, clearly, but are there lounges where you can sit undisturbed by waiters giving us the evil eye for not buying their expensive offerings?

So, this whole alcohol thing is a bit mad. We have a long trip coming up, so going to take a few bottles on board. My question for you wise people is WHERE to drink them if we don’t want to sit in our windowless cabin? Not in any of the bars, clearly, but are there lounges where you can sit undisturbed by waiters giving us the evil eye for not buying their expensive offerings?

What ! and take up all the seating for those of us who are prepared to pay and support the onboard revenue .

Ummm.... that’s why I said “not in any of the bars”.

Okay, so where on the ship do you think there is a seating area where one is unable to purchase drinks?

Having a little knowledge of the ship, the answer is nowhere.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

I asked a question, which I hoped would be answered by somebody with a bit of knowledge of the ship. It appears that I’ve ruffled a few peacock feathers. Sorry.

The simple answer is that you can only consume alcohol you bring on board yourself, in your stateroom. Officially.

Unless you wish to pay the corkage fee of course.

To do other wise risks Cunard reviewing this policy and following other lines, who have an outright ban on bringing your own alcohol on board.

Edited by ZZRLAD
additional advice

The simple answer is that you can only consume alcohol you bring on board yourself, in your stateroom. Officially.

Unless you wish to pay the corkage fee of course.

To do other wise risks Cunard reviewing this policy and following other lines, who have an outright ban on bringing your own alcohol on board.

This is the answer, sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear.

I asked a question, which I hoped would be answered by somebody with a bit of knowledge of the ship. It appears that I’ve ruffled a few peacock feathers. Sorry.

No peacock feathers here - just folks pointing out that it would be inappropriate to bring alcohol on board for free and sit and drink it outside your cabin.

Cunard are currently very generous in their policy. It would be a shame if people taking advantage spoilt it for the rest of us.

Can you even imagine setting up with your own drink in the lounge of a smart hotel? Sometimes the liberties people want to take on a ship beggar belief.