IT problems on Britannia

matthewb

It looks like they are having IT problems on Britannia.

It was due to leave Southampton tonight for a 2 night cruise to I think Bruge but is still hasn’t left yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking to someone who got off today, there were problems with purchases on board that had to be done manually. No accounts could be printed for those leaving and cruise cards could not be swiped as people left the ship so had to be handed in.

Brian

Just off britannia yesterday and we were told it was a fleet wide problem. Systems went down mid-afternoon on Thursday. All receipts were hand written and they kept cruise cards on disembarkation. I think it'll be a few days before we get our final statements emailed to us.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Forums mobile app

Reading some facebook posts, they are late arriving in Bruges and people may not bother going ashore as they will only have 3 hours. Feel sorry for those onboard. I believe Azura was also late leaving Southampton but that is a 7 day cruise.

Reading some facebook posts, they are late arriving in Bruges and people may not bother going ashore as they will only have 3 hours. Feel sorry for those onboard. I believe Azura was also late leaving Southampton but that is a 7 day cruise.

They arrived at 8.30 not exactly very late. Not sure where the 3 hours comes from. Looks like more like 7 to 8 hours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on the current Britannia Cruise. Disembarkation began approximately 11.15 and departure has been put back to 18.00. Some tours were cancelled, others put back. Ours should have been 9.00, was 12.30 instead. All purchases still being done manually.

I just got off the 7 day cruise on Friday. Yes they kept cruise cards but the process was relatively easy still. Orders and any payments took longer he last eve and I did feel for the staff trying their best. We were woken on the second night by the announcement noise going off but no announcement and noticed when I went to the WC that the lights wouldn’t go on. Then we stopped dead in the water for around 30 minutes. All resolved quickly and no sign of trouble after. The captain addressed this the next day and reassured all. :-). Great cruise. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Scanning problems continued when we got back to the ship yesterday , no cards could be scanned personnel had to come aboard each coach and check cruise cards against passports and give you a sticker to show you had been checked. No idea how they knew we were all back other than stewards on the gangways adding us up on "clickers".

Took us 40 minutes from the dock gates to get onboard.

No bill this morning but scanners seemed to be working again.

I was on this cruise, it was complete chaos for those getting off for Bruges. The 11:15 excursion to Bruges was still boarding at 12:15 and the Captain had to make at least 2 apology announcements about the slow progress. I didn't bother getting off as my excursion was cancelled.

Thank goodness I could get off at 7 am this morning rather than my allotted 0915 time.

We were on this cruise too, we were constantly being told the problem was across the whole fleet, anyone know if this was the case? Or was it Britannia only?

I just got off the 7 day cruise on Friday. Yes they kept cruise cards but the process was relatively easy still. Orders and any payments took longer he last eve and I did feel for the staff trying their best. We were woken on the second night by the announcement noise going off but no announcement and noticed when I went to the WC that the lights wouldn’t go on. Then we stopped dead in the water for around 30 minutes. All resolved quickly and no sign of trouble after. The captain addressed this the next day and reassured all. :-). Great cruise. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the weekend cruise to Bruges. It was absolute chaos from start to finish. Embarkation took forever so we did not have the opportunity to make the most of our time on board on the Friday.

The computer problem meant a significant delay in departure, these things happen but it was poorly dealt with. Our 9.30 excursion was changed to 1pm but with no information about this until after 9 so there was much hanging around. It would have been better to let people know with information on the in cabin TV screens. Instead, we had to look around the ship for a plasma screen.

There were huge queues to get off the ship and again to get back on when we were all stuck on overly warm buses waiting for our information to be checked as the systems were down again.

The food was, in our opinion poor as it was half cold most of the time. Customer service fell short of what we have experienced on other cruise lines.

In short, some things can’t be helped but it was the way it was handled with very poor communication that bothered us. We still have no idea about our cruise account as the systems were down. Reception was overrun with people complaining and cancelling their tips.

I would never sail with P and O again, such a disappointing experience.

The chaos continues,

Checked our credit card this morning and they have debited us more than we thought after 20 minutes wait on the phone the girl told me that they are still working on the problems and will refund any OBC not taken into account. We think that they haven’t added gratuities yet either.

When I pointed out that as a customer it would have been better to do the sums first before taking our money she said, I agree with you and I can only apologise!

In what universe is that good customer service?

The chaos continues,

Checked our credit card this morning and they have debited us more than we thought after 20 minutes wait on the phone the girl told me that they are still working on the problems and will refund any OBC not taken into account. We think that they haven’t added gratuities yet either.

When I pointed out that as a customer it would have been better to do the sums first before taking our money she said, I agree with you and I can only apologise!

In what universe is that good customer service?

Welcome to P&O's world of customer service, as they see it, maybe one day they will do something right first time, then again.............

It’s never easy for any company when their IT lets them down however their contingency plans don’t sound the best if it took so long to get people off and on again.

If they didn’t apply the OBC were they able to apply the loyalty discounts?

It’s never easy for any company when their IT lets them down however their contingency plans don’t sound the best if it took so long to get people off and on again.

If they didn’t apply the OBC were they able to apply the loyalty discounts?

No, all they knew was the gross amount you spent, none of the automated till systems were working so it was back to signing paper bills. They say they are working on it, but IMHO it would have been preferable to work on it first then debit the credit cards rather than sending a cheque when they have done their sums.