Pre-Cruise Concierge for all suite guests

Nalagh

:D

We are very happy that this service is there even if we are not in a Haven suite this time. We did not get a letter, hear about it from our PC, or know from prior service. We found a CC thread that said that the concierge desk had a number, so I called to ask if was just haven guests or was it all suites. I was told ALL full suite guests (meaning no mini suites) were included.

What does pre-cruise concierge service offer?

1. The name of our concierge at sea...Yea we have Monica on the Star next week!

2. Pillow service planned ahead...means no feathers in the room for me when I enter!

3. Beer on ice for my DH when he gets in the room. (not gonna happen otherwise)

4. All of the stuff in the fridge will be taken out so to make room for what I want.

5. The coffee I want will be in the room for the machine will be well stocked.

6. We requested a certain butler....MAXI

So, if you are staying in a suite, you can do this too! Just call 1-855-625-4283. Yup, any suite on any ship! I sooooo love NCL!!:D

:D

We are very happy that this service is there even if we are not in a Haven suite this time. We did not get a letter, hear about it from our PC, or know from prior service. We found a CC thread that said that the concierge desk had a number, so I called to ask if was just haven guests or was it all suites. I was told ALL full suite guests (meaning no mini suites) were included.

What does pre-cruise concierge service offer?

1. The name of our concierge at sea...Yea we have Monica on the Star next week!

2. Pillow service planned ahead...means no feathers in the room for me when I enter!

3. Beer on ice for my DH when he gets in the room. (not gonna happen otherwise)

4. All of the stuff in the fridge will be taken out so to make room for what I want. This will be nice

5. The coffee I want will be in the room for the machine will be well stocked. Another thing DH will appreciate.

6. We requested a certain butler....MAXIThis is cool too... but any will be fine with me except one (will not name)

So, if you are staying in a suite, you can do this too! Just call 1-855-625-4283. Yup, any suite on any ship! I sooooo love NCL!!:D

Wow! Thanks for this information I can't wait to see DH's face when he sees an ice cold beer waiting for him!:D

Edited by cruiseat50

Not sure much was accomplished by calling ahead.

1. Don't understand the advantage of knowing the concierge's name before you arrive.

2. Feather pillows banned? I guess that is good if you have allergys.

3. Stopping at one of the numerous bars to grab a beer is too much trouble?

4. Refrigerator emptied? That is really an issue? Fridges are so small not much fits in them anyway.

5. I have always had ample supplies and varieties everytime I have a suite. Never had to ask.

6. Highly doubtful you will get any other butler than what is assigned for that week. They rotate on a regular basis, and generally have blocks of rooms to make things easier for them and you.

Promises on the phone are easy to make. Having those promises fulfilled is a different story.

FYI... Off the Star last week and the concierge was Patrick. I know Monica was on the Star earlier this year and maybe she is coming back after a break but Patrick has been listed as concierge for the past month or so.

I am sailing on the Star on Sunday and was told the concierge will be Monica.

Nalagh - I will tell her you are returning to the Star.

I love planning ahead and thanks for the info. Disregard any nasty responses and have a great time!

Nalagh you are TOO thoughtful to think of the bucket of beers for your DH.

Taking care of those little items before hand means you will be able o go straight to RELAXATION the minute you walk in the door. I think the planning before hand is almost as much fun as the trip itself.

We will be first time suite dwellers on the Star to Bermuda on 9/30. Can't wait!

Think I could have chocolate covered strawberries waiting?

I did not know this. I like the idea of having the fridge already stocked with what we actually drink when we board vs asking the steward to change it out later.

Thank you! I will give that a try on our next NCL cruise.

Thanks for the tip! I like to make sure i use each and every perk available to make our family experience as enjoyable as possible- and if the room can be prepared specifically for us with a bucket of cold beer, a fridge already emptied of pop so I can load in my water and wine....excellent!! it will be chilled and ready to roll for sail away.

Monica was good but we really liked our butler Gary , top notch .

Fulfilled all request's and a few things he did on his own that he thought we might like. ( Star owners suite 10006)

15 suites and I'd put him in the top 3 butlers.. ; )

Have fun and reeeeelax .

1. Don't understand the advantage of knowing the concierge's name before you arrive.

4. Refrigerator emptied? That is really an issue? Fridges are so small not much fits in them anyway.

5. I have always had ample supplies and varieties everytime I have a suite. Never had to ask.

6. Highly doubtful you will get any other butler than what is assigned for that week. They rotate on a regular basis, and generally have blocks of rooms to make things easier for them and you.

Promises on the phone are easy to make. Having those promises fulfilled is a different story.

Did this post somehow make you feel better? As Barbra sang "Don't rain on my parade", how was your post constructive or helpful to the OP? Just a big dud.

Nalagh you are TOO thoughtful to think of the bucket of beers for your DH.

Taking care of those little items before hand means you will be able o go straight to RELAXATION the minute you walk in the door. I think the planning before hand is almost as much fun as the trip itself.

We will be first time suite dwellers on the Star to Bermuda on 9/30. Can't wait!

Think I could have chocolate covered strawberries waiting?

:) We have chocolate covered strawberries ordered to the room for sailaway. I agree with you on the planning, for me it is so much fun!

I hope that you enjoy your suite, and your trip!

Cherie

1. We are sailing on the Star again as we just sailed in May because it was the best trip we ever had. The concierge was a huge part of that, and I very happy to see she will be there.

2. I am very allergic to feathers

3. I always order wine and champagne ahead of time and my husband thinks that we should be able to do the same with beer. It will be nice for him to enter the room and have it there.

4. We order bar set up, and the mixers need to be kept cold. We always ask for the fridge to be emptied so we can add the mixers, wine and champagne.

5. We have never had an issue, but still happy the my favorite coffee will be well stocked.

6. It never hurts to ask. We may not get him, he may not even be on the ship.

These are all requests, just that nothing more. I have loads of faith in NCL, as I do the service on the Star. If it is not done upon arrival, it will be done shortly. We are sure in any event to have a wonderful vacation. (I will be sure to use that pre-paid OBC do just that!)

Did this post somehow make you feel better? As Barbra sang "Don't rain on my parade", how was your post constructive or helpful to the OP? Just a big dud.

I had the same thought. I wonder if F and JD are always so negative.

Thank you for this info. Great idea to get some of the "not so vacation" like stuff done beforehand. I too am interested to see if they follow through on your requests, so please post outcome. Enjoy your cruise.

Nalagh - so nicely put. I know you will have a wonderful cruise. I wish we were sailing together and not just "passing the torch (umm champagne)."

I have fond memories of mimosa's in Orlando and an impromptu cabin crawl that ended up running the Gem out of Moet :D. I hope we will get to sail together on the Breakaway.

Have a wonderful cruise!