Hotels near Port Everglades

cloudninecat

Tried searching the forums but couldn't come up with anything. Where are the closets hotels to Port Everglades, especially ones also near a beach. We're a party of 6 driving in the night before the cruise and I'm wanting to book a couple of rooms for us to have available when we arrive. Any help would be appreciated.

Check out the first part of my recent review. We stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 in the Tower and had views of the cruise ship from our balcony! It was an amazing hotel and the room rate was surprisingly not bad at all. You just have to factor in the $30 per day parking and the pricey food and drinks. Totally worth every penny though.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2509354

Pier 66 tower is our go to also. Love being in the Marina. 5 minute drive to port, drop bags, park car, board ship ready to go. Actually going to a wedding there next weekend, can't wait to spend a couple of days.

We also use the Embassy Suites for FLL/Port Everglades. It's relatively close to the port and the beach, they have daily free breakfast and evening happy hour. It's also close to the Harbor Shops for restaurants and shopping. Parking I believe is about $25/day (we've never needed to use it).

Anyone have any experience with the Hilton at the marina? They look to be the cheapest and have a view of the marina. Plus they are close.

You might want to look at reviews of that hotel on TripAdvisor - they are generally not particularly positive.

Anyone have any experience with the Hilton at the marina? They look to be the cheapest and have a view of the marina. Plus they are close.

We stay here all the time. Great place. Clean, Great tiki bar next to,the pool and Marina. Food is also very good at both the tiki bar and restaurants.

You might want to look at reviews of that hotel on TripAdvisor - they are generally not particularly positive.

My stays have all been in the main tower. As of this past March most of the tower rooms have been totally renovated. I can't speak to the villa rooms.

If you're driving anyways, why not stay a little higher up the coast? You'll find better rates outside fort Lauderdale and be able to stay at a beach front property. Then you just drive the hour, hour and a half to the port the next morning (just enough time to enjoy a nice, hot cup of coffee in the car)

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Conquest and Splendor

The Splendor goes out of Fort Lauderdale. The Magic is in Port Canaveral.

We usually stay on the Holiday Inn. Short walk to beach and grocery store right next door.

If you're driving anyways, why not stay a little higher up the coast? You'll find better rates outside fort Lauderdale and be able to stay at a beach front property. Then you just drive the hour, hour and a half to the port the next morning (just enough time to enjoy a nice, hot cup of coffee in the car)

We like the knowledge that we are right there and there is less risk of anything major getting in the way of us getting to the ship. We'll probably be too tired after a 20 hour drive to go anywhere anyway, but our youngest has never seen the ocean before and our oldest hasn't seen it since she was under 4 year old so she barely remembers it. We thought it would be exciting for them to go to the beach but they'll get plenty of ocean and beach on the cruise

I booked two tower rooms at the Hilton Marina but looking at the reviews wondered if I should cancel and get rooms elsewhere. The Hyatt 66 is all booked up. We did like the thought of having the balcony overlooking the marina and maybe getting a glimpse of the Splendor coming into port.

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread. We appreciate the suggestions.

We like the knowledge that we are right there and there is less risk of anything major getting in the way of us getting to the ship. We'll probably be too tired after a 20 hour drive to go anywhere anyway, but our youngest has never seen the ocean before and our oldest hasn't seen it since she was under 4 year old so she barely remembers it. We thought it would be exciting for them to go to the beach but they'll get plenty of ocean and beach on the cruise

I booked two tower rooms at the Hilton Marina but looking at the reviews wondered if I should cancel and get rooms elsewhere. The Hyatt 66 is all booked up. We did like the thought of having the balcony overlooking the marina and maybe getting a glimpse of the Splendor coming into port.

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread. We appreciate the suggestions.

The Residence Inn in Pompano Beach sleeps 6 and it's right on the beach. Breakfast and WiFi are included.

• 1 year later...
Has anyone found good reasonable hotel near Port everglades that I could leave my car (free)and shuttle to cruise terminal. Thanks

Take a look at the official Fort Lauderdale tourist website. They include a chart of hotels with shuttles and parking (some charge, some may not or in any case have no rate listed): https://www.sunny.org/plan-your-trip/cruisers/hotels-with-shuttles/. You might start your research there.

You also need to realize that people's opinion of 'reasonable' differ and that rates vary greatly throughout the year with Christmas through Easter being high season. If you want to tell us when you need the room and your budget, you will get more specific answers.

Tried searching the forums but couldn't come up with anything. Where are the closets hotels to Port Everglades, especially ones also near a beach. We're a party of 6 driving in the night before the cruise and I'm wanting to book a couple of rooms for us to have available when we arrive. Any help would be appreciated.

Are the six of you willing to share one suite?

We always book Embassy Suites on 17th when we sail from Port Everglades. Every room is a two-room suite. You could get two queens and use the queen sleeper sofa.

Included in the fare is a full, hot, made to order omelet station and breakfast buffet as well as a Manager's Reception with complimentary adult beverages and munchies. Directly behind the hotel is a shopping plaza with restaurants, a market, and a liquor store. There is also a trolley that travels to Fort Lauderdale Beach. It stops in front of the market and travels to Las Olas as well, where there are lots of restaurants and bars.

Have you looked at the places to stay/beach hotels pages on http://www.sunny.org? If you want to be on the beach your choices are anything along route A1A (along the beach) and Seabreeze Blvd (one block over). On the beach side there is Lago Mar, Best Western Oceanside, the Marriott Harbor Beach and the B Ocean. Across the street from the beach heading north is Bahia Mar (Doubletree), Courtyard by Marriott, the Ritz-Carlton, the Westin, the Hilton, the Conrad, and the Sonesta (I may have left some out but as you can see all the major chains have hotels along the beach).

Early check-in is available - usually with no guarantee (although I've heard some hotels have started to 'sell' early check-in for a fee) - if the room(s) are empty. It frequently (but not always) helps to have status with the hotel chain.