Carnival Splendor Review - 6/10 to 6/18 - Grand Turk, DR, Aruba, and Curaçao

adamt

On board the very pink Carnival Splendor as I type this. Getting ready to dock in Aruba. Keeping this as a place saver and review reminder for when we get back to the mainland.

If you have any questions at all about the ship, itinerary, or stops, don't hesitate to leave them here.

Review, pics and vids forthcoming.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My tip to you: Be sure to visit 88 Keys in one of their performances. They're great. If you get to talk to them after a show and get to meet Kay, tell her Josh recommended them. :) She's one of our new friends who we keep up with off of the ship.

Also if you get any pictures taken, see if you can find Yulia and have her take your pictures. She's always setup with Pixels. She works with families more than any of the other photographers and is super. We bought almost every picture she shot. She was amazing. The other photographers were good too but none put the effort in that Yulia did. You can tell her I recommended you to her as well. She's one of the other people we made connections with off of the ship. Her and Kay were awesome.

On board the very pink Carnival Splendor as I type this. Getting ready to dock in Aruba. Keeping this as a place saver and review reminder for when we get back to the mainland.

If you have any questions at all about the ship, itinerary, or stops, don't hesitate to leave them here.

Review, pics and vids forthcoming.

Can you post copies of the menus?

Couple of questions...

1) Were there the round chairs with the shield over them in the Serenity lounge?

2) Was the aft pool family or adult only (we have heard conflicting stories about this)

3) On Curacao - if you left late - were the dinner seatings still the same or was it more of a eat when you can where you want deal?

Thanks,

Alaine

Going on the Splender and wondering if their air conditioning control in on the ceiling,which I could not reach,or the wall. Just came off Imagination and I could not adjust air and that is a big concern for me.

Going on the Splender and wondering if their air conditioning control in on the ceiling,which I could not reach,or the wall. Just came off Imagination and I could not adjust air and that is a big concern for me.

Ours was on the wall on the Splendor.

Leaving on the Splendor this coming Saturday (6/24) and am so excited! So much to do this week - I can't figure out how I'm going to concentrate at work!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know! Wednesday is my last work day but I have so much to do! I have 75% of my things set aside ready to pack but still have to clean and make sure all is set for our kids as they are not Coming!

Thursday I am getting my mani/pedi and getting eyebrows waxed.

Couple of questions...

1) Were there the round chairs with the shield over them in the Serenity lounge?

2) Was the aft pool family or adult only (we have heard conflicting stories about this)

3) On Curacao - if you left late - were the dinner seatings still the same or was it more of a eat when you can where you want deal?

Thanks,

Alaine

1) yes there are the clamshell loungers in Serenity.

2) not sure about the pool, think I did see kids in it though that doesn't mean much.

3) we left Curacao late in the evening but we went to the steakhouse for dinner. Not very crowded at all so we could get a last minute reservation. They also informed us the dress code for the steakhouse was relaxed that evening since we were in port. I think it was just cruise casual, I'm not sure since we and the other couples we saw dressed nicely. I have no idea if they changed how seating worked in the main dining room or not but they may since everything seemed more relaxed.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk