Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:38 PM.
Ontario, Canada
4,844 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Great pictures and video. Got to check Palm Beach information...it looks nice !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Maria

RCCL ...........DIAMOND PLUS
CELEBRITY ....ELITE
NCL..............PLATINUM PLUS
Gold Coast - Australia
2,627 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Originally posted by pabi
Great pictures and video. Got to check Palm Beach information...it looks nice !
The beach is soft sand and clear waters out at palm beach.

There were plenty of water sports too use if desired,we walked back to the nearest mega-hotel and caught taxi back to port....we had four people in taxi and the costs were cheap,about 15 mins from the port.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

West Central Illinois
618 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Anyone interested in renting trikes for 3 hour tour? You don't need a Motorcycle license there, but would be helpful to know how to drive a manual transmission. I should have plenty of practice on my new trike before then. Looks like fun.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dawn
Gold Star Mom of SSg Sean Nicholas Howardson
Proud Army Mom of SSg Justin Dominic Howardson, Sgt Ashley Anne Johnson and her husband, SSg Joseph Johnson
Proud Army Sister of Col Gary Miller and Lt Col Richard Miller

April 2007 - RCCL Adventure of the Seas
Nov 2010 - Carnival Legend
Nov 2011 - Norwegian Star
April 2012 - Norwegian Spirit
Oct 2012 - Norwegian Star
Jan 2014 - Norwegian Jewel
Nov 2014 - Norwegian Dawn
May 2016 - Carnival
Central Massachusetts, USA
876 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Originally posted by CPT Trips
I thought I posted this yesterday . . . obviously I did not - so here goes.

DW and I really enjoy snorkeling and have participated in and also arranged charters for other CC Roll Calls. We are planning on setting something up - assuming there is interest - for either Aruba, Curacao or Barbados. Aruba has several good sites; Barbados has "swim with the turtles" combined with regular snorkeling; Curacao is new to me, but our port time allows for the possibility of a snorkel/sunset sail combination.

I don't enjoy the crowds typical on the ship's shorexs and so I use smaller (give or take 12-20 pax) sailing catamarans, 1/2 day (3-4 hours) charters. In every trip we have beat the ship's shorex price and had a great experience.

Obviously, it's way too early to know any details. I'm posting this on the specific subthreads and will use those threads to monitor interest. At some point in the future we'll be able to gauge the interest and get more specific.

If this interests you, please respond on the thread (or more than one) of your choice.
I would definitely be interested in going. I also usually do my own thing or book on my own - too many people on the ships excursions. Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Proud Member of O.A.T.C.

"The Big Red Boat" 10/87
Royal Majesty 5/97
Sea Princess 3/01
Carnival Triumph 1/02
Carnival Sensation 10/02
Carnival Triumph 5/04
Carnival Miracle 5/05
NCL Majesty 4/07
Carnival Destiny 9/07
NCL Dream 10/08
NCL Spirit 9/09
Carnival Spirit 10/09
NCL Spirit 9/10
NCL Jewel 12/10
Carnival Pride 3/11
Carnival Pride 11/11
RC Explorer of the Seas 4/12
NCL Star 10/12
Carnival Glory 7/13
Carnival Splendor 11/13
Carnival Valor 8/14
NCL Dawn 10/24/14
NCL Dawn 11/7/14
Carnival Breeze 3/28/15
Carnival Liberty 5/3/15
Carnival Splendor 8/12/15

USA
3,494 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
These pictures are awsome!

Thanks for posting them

makes me want to just go there...NOW!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ontario, Canada
4,844 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by aussie cruzer
Here is some of the hotels at palm beach...they have free out-door showers to wash down.

Picture 1263 by AUSSIE-CRUZER, on Flickr
this looks very nice....we may just go there !!! Thanks Duncan...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Maria

RCCL ...........DIAMOND PLUS
CELEBRITY ....ELITE
NCL..............PLATINUM PLUS
desert SW
9,975 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by onlysister
Anyone interested in renting trikes for 3 hour tour? You don't need a Motorcycle license there, but would be helpful to know how to drive a manual transmission. I should have plenty of practice on my new trike before then. Looks like fun.
I missed seeing this post earlier. I see Gramsgg posted the info on the main rollcall board today. We're looking in to it too. Looks like fun!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
OceanDreaming2 <--email
Mary

** Platinum Plus Norwegian Cruiser with 427 Latitudes Points **

Coming up:

New Orleans,LA
765 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Originally posted by OceanDreaming2
I missed seeing this post earlier. I see Gramsgg posted the info on the main rollcall board today. We're looking in to it too. Looks like fun!
We are liking this also...I could not find what the different times were for the tours....Do you know what they are?

Joy
West Central Illinois
618 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
TrikeAruba....I think their morning one they will pick us up at 8:30 am. I don't know what the afternoon time is. I will see if I can find that and let ya know. We are scheduled for the morning ride. I think there are 3 or 4 trikes available. 3 to drive and 1 that you can just ride behind the tour guide. I am really excited about this tour. I have been practicing on my own so I will be able to kind of relax while riding. I know mine is fun.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dawn
Gold Star Mom of SSg Sean Nicholas Howardson
Proud Army Mom of SSg Justin Dominic Howardson, Sgt Ashley Anne Johnson and her husband, SSg Joseph Johnson
Proud Army Sister of Col Gary Miller and Lt Col Richard Miller

April 2007 - RCCL Adventure of the Seas
Nov 2010 - Carnival Legend
Nov 2011 - Norwegian Star
April 2012 - Norwegian Spirit
Oct 2012 - Norwegian Star
Jan 2014 - Norwegian Jewel
Nov 2014 - Norwegian Dawn
May 2016 - Carnival
Rockaway NY
424 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Hi, we will be cabbing it to a beach in Aruba. Probably Eagle or Baby Beach. Are cabs available for the return trip? Fran
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

13,302 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Originally posted by Rockapulco
Hi, we will be cabbing it to a beach in Aruba. Probably Eagle or Baby Beach. Are cabs available for the return trip? Fran
Never been to Baby but as far as I know, Baby Beach is very far and have heard that cab costs are in the range of $75. Someone even mentioned a bus going there but takes a long time. Baby beach is supposedly great for snorkling.

Palm and Eagle beaches, there are cabs waiting outside resorts/hotels so that will not be a problem at all.

Best information is on the Aruba board/ports of call.
Rockaway NY
424 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
quote=Arzeena;34948449]Never been to Baby but as far as I know, Baby Beach is very far and have heard that cab costs are in the range of $75. Someone even mentioned a bus going there but takes a long time. Baby beach is supposedly great for snorkling.

Palm and Eagle beaches, there are cabs waiting outside resorts/hotels so that will not be a problem at all.

Best information is on the Aruba board/ports of call.[/quote]
Palm or Eagle it is! Thanks for the heads up on the expensive cab ride! Fran
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

13,302 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Originally posted by Rockapulco
quote=Arzeena;34948449]Never been to Baby but as far as I know, Baby Beach is very far and have heard that cab costs are in the range of $75. Someone even mentioned a bus going there but takes a long time. Baby beach is supposedly great for snorkling.

Best information is on the Aruba board/ports of call.
Palm or Eagle it is! Thanks for the heads up on the expensive cab ride! Fran[/quote]

My friends (Sandi and Ken) who are also on this cruise are avid snorklers and fans of Baby Beach. They may be renting a car to go there. If that is of any interest to you, you can ask them...but it will take a while before Sandy will reply on the board! so better to catch her at the M and G. I am no snorkler so Palm Beach it is for me.
Rockaway NY
424 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Originally posted by Arzeena
Palm or Eagle it is! Thanks for the heads up on the expensive cab ride! Fran
My friends (Sandi and Ken) who are also on this cruise are avid snorklers and fans of Baby Beach. They may be renting a car to go there. If that is of any interest to you, you can ask them...but it will take a while before Sandy will reply on the board! so better to catch her at the M and G. I am no snorkler so Palm Beach it is for me.[/quote]

We are planning on Palm beach as well. Will you be taking a cab or going on the public bus? Fran
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

St. Clairsville, OH
1,098 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by onlysister
TrikeAruba....I think their morning one they will pick us up at 8:30 am. I don't know what the afternoon time is. I will see if I can find that and let ya know. We are scheduled for the morning ride. I think there are 3 or 4 trikes available. 3 to drive and 1 that you can just ride behind the tour guide. I am really excited about this tour. I have been practicing on my own so I will be able to kind of relax while riding. I know mine is fun.
I was looking at this. It looked like fun on line. I'd have to convince DH though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Caribbean Princess -- 2016
NCL Breakaway -- 2015, 2015
NCL Getaway -- 2014
Celebrity Reflection -- 2014, 2014
NCL Jewel -- 2013
Sapphire Princess -- 2013
Norwegian Star -- 2012
Norwegian Dawn -- 2010, 2010, 2011,2012,2013 2013
Norwegian Spirit -- 2007
Caribbean Princess -- 2004, 2005
Grand Princess -- 2003, 2003
Golden Princess -- 2003, 2003
Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas -- 2002
St. Clairsville, OH
1,098 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by Arzeena
Aruba is very beautiful. We had a longer stop in Aruba instead of the 8-5 stop. We strolled around the shopping areas, took a tour around and in the afternoon went to the Westin at Palm Beach. The tour van driver dropped is there and we got a cab back to the port in the evening. Used their beach and facilities.(it is $20 for the whole day, generally) but they did not charge us anything since we were going to be there only for about 3-4 hours). Some friends went to Eagle Beach and Baby Beach. Had dinner at a local restaurant near the port. Can't remember the name
Plenty of shops near the port. Expensive, upscale stores, jewelry stores, plus touristy things, all within walking distance of the dock.
We saw the Casibari Rock formations, the California Lighthouse and some vacation homes for the filthy rich, among other things on the tour.
Loved Aruba.
Internet cafe, phone facilities, etc are right in the port area. Rates were reasonable.
We are interested in the Westin Resort,
Did you make a reservation or just "drop in"? It looks beautiful on their website.
Gail

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Getaway -- 2014
NCL Jewel -- 2013
Norwegian Star -- 2012
Norwegian Spirit -- 2007
Caribbean Princess -- 2004, 2005
Grand Princess -- 2003, 2003
Golden Princess -- 2003, 2003
Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas -- 2002
desert SW
9,975 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by Hockeylovinmom
I was looking at this. It looked like fun on line. I'd have to convince DH though!

I'm pretty sure onlysister said it was full.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
OceanDreaming2 <--email
Mary

** Platinum Plus Norwegian Cruiser with 427 Latitudes Points **

Coming up:

St. Clairsville, OH
1,098 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by OceanDreaming2
I'm pretty sure onlysister said it was full.
Well, you snooze, you loose. We've pretty well decided on our plans. As it stands now, I think we will take either a taxi or bus to Eagle Beach to relax (:

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Getaway -- 2014
NCL Jewel -- 2013
Norwegian Star -- 2012
Norwegian Spirit -- 2007