Royal Caribbean "Song of America" - slideshow

dz63

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed your video, ship hasnt changed that much over the years. We cruised on Thomson Destiny as Song of America is now called and had a great first cruise. Have upto date photos of Destiny if you are interested on following link.

http://community.webshots.com/user/eaststandbaggie

Cheers for the video, eaststandbaggie

• 4 weeks later...
Really enjoyed your video, ship hasnt changed that much over the years. We cruised on Thomson Destiny as Song of America is now called and had a great first cruise. Have upto date photos of Destiny if you are interested on following link.

http://community.webshots.com/user/eaststandbaggie

Cheers for the video, eaststandbaggie

Thank you for sharing your photo's of the Thomson Destiny. It was interesting to see what the Song of America looks like now. I noticed a few changes on the pool deck (no more green carpeting), but the Madame Diningroom looks the same.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

My late wife and I cruised on Song in February 1996 and I fondly remember breakfasts on deck in the after part of the ship and the great service we received. Song was a little small to me as I had previously sailed on QE I and II and the original Queen Mary, but I found her to be comfortable and pleasant.

• 2 weeks later...
We sailed on Song of America in 1994 on an 11 day repositioning cruise from the eastern caribbean to Bermuda. It was an absolutely lovely ship.

We were unable to cruise again until 12 years and two chldren later, on Navigator of the Seas , and what changes in the cruise industry! Definitely more casual and familiy friendly. On Song of America, we were the "youngsters" being in our 30's. Saw no kids.

Navigator is an impressive and beautiful ship, but we were nostalgic for the smaller vessels without the glitz. Always wondered what happened to Song of America..... Wished we had preserved our memories of that cruise as well as you did.

We sailed on this ship twice: first time Suntours (airtours) Sunbird then a few years later under the Thomson brand as Destiny.

We loved that ship. We thought it was big too!

Got a cruise in May on an RCI ship adventure of sea. I'm sure SOA, Sunbird, Destiny will appear small in comparison.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...