Excursions or things to do in Nevis

lynn-in-nc

We are on one of the Barbados 7-day sailings in March and putting together our plan. I think we will get a car in Guadeloupe and maybe Martinique, and looking for ideas for Nevis. I wasn't able to find much in the forums (fora??). Seabourn offers a Beach Extravaganza and an Island and Botanical Garden Discovery tour. Any thoughts/suggestions would be helpful! thanks.

We walked to a beach bar, about a mile. Keep the ocean on your left. There is a walkway, cut thru a park then walk along road. Cut into towards ocean and walk along beach. Great bar, laid back, sand, ice cold beer 2 bucks. We did catch a ride back. 10 bucks for four of us

We are on one of the Barbados 7-day sailings in March and putting together our plan. I think we will get a car in Guadeloupe and maybe Martinique, and looking for ideas for Nevis. I wasn't able to find much in the forums (fora??). Seabourn offers a Beach Extravaganza and an Island and Botanical Garden Discovery tour. Any thoughts/suggestions would be helpful! thanks.

For what it's worth, Princess Di vacationed at the Montpelier Plantation. We went to another resort which name escapes me and then would up on a very nice beach.

A trip to and lunch at the beachside bar at Nibet Plantation resort is a good way to spend a short trip. Nisbet is the family home of a Fanny Nisbet, the wife of Lord Nelson who married her whilst stationed on the islands - she is buried in the UK.

The view from the Great House to the sea is one of the most atmospheric in the historic Caribbean.

A trip to and lunch at the beachside bar at Nibet Plantation resort is a good way to spend a short trip. Nisbet is the family home of a Fanny Nisbet, the wife of Lord Nelson who married her whilst stationed on the islands - she is buried in the UK.

The view from the Great House to the sea is one of the most atmospheric in the historic Caribbean.

Now that sounds familiar

There are many lovely Plantation inns to tour on Nevis. Any decent local taxi/tour guide will take you through the highlights. These include: Montpelier Plantation, Golden Rock, Hermitage (oldest plantation inn on the island, owner is a lovely man Richard “Lupi” Lupinacci), and Nisbet Plantation. Nevis is a unique island unlike any other in the Caribbean. It’s very laid back, yet upscale and you never know who you will run into. At Christmas, we dined next to Roger Daltry at “pizza night” at the Hermitage. Our dear friend, Dr June Goodfield a noted historian and scientist was also in residence. Enjoy, there is so much to see and learn in Nevis....Alexander Hamilton, Lord Nelson and other historical figures as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is it possible to purchase a day pass for this resort or can you just turn up at the beach bar and use the beach please?

Just turn up at the beach and use the beach bar/resaurant or at the hotel and ask to be shown around. Nevisians are very laid back. (I have over the years spent about three months staying at the hotel).