NCL - Free at Sea package gratuities/taxes

Cybella

I am considering booking the free at sea dining and beverage package option for a 7 night cruise on the Norwegian Getaway.

I am trying to work out the total cost of the cruise and believe there is tax or gratuities or both when selecting the free at sea dining and beverage package. As I like to prepay before I cruise, what would be the added cost if I chose this free at sea option for a 7 day cruise?

Can someone also confirm that gratuities for a balcony cabin is $13.99 per person per day?

The free at sea promo is payable prior to the cruise, so you can confirm the amount by doing a dummy booking and seeing the amount that is added to your cruise cost when you select the various options.

I see you are from Australia. I'm not sure whether the gratuity is charged there or not. Perhaps someone can confirm whether it is or not. If your cruise fare increases when you add the promos then that would be confirmation that you are charged.

I am trying to work out the total cost of the cruise and believe there is tax or gratuities or both when selecting the free at sea dining and beverage package. As I like to prepay before I cruise, what would be the added cost if I chose this free at sea option for a 7 day cruise?

For the beverage package, it's $17.80 per person per day, so $124.60 per person for a 7-day cruise. For a 3-meal dining package, it's $13.80 per person (total).

These charges are for US bookings. Even people who don't like to prepay have to prepay these charges. As Keith pointed out, things are different if you book through the Australian office.

You may be charged taxes for each drink you order while in or near some ports. You cannot prepay those.

Can someone also confirm that gratuities for a balcony cabin is $13.99 per person per day?
Yes.