Crossing over tier while on cruise - Captain's Club

vermonter16

Or I may have to take one before, lol. It's going to be a 10 day Alaska that I'll be crossing over on. I want to be Elite :) Thanks for the info!

I think, to be safe, you should probably take at least two 10-14 day cruises between now and your Alaska trip. :evilsmile: That would give you proper assurance that you have the requisite points accumulated and recorded in the system...

Stan

I think, to be safe, you should probably take at least two 10-14 day cruises between now and your Alaska trip. :evilsmile: That would give you proper assurance that you have the requisite points accumulated and recorded in the system...

Stan

Absolutely! And just to be certain, book at least one of them in a Suite:evilsmile:

We just experienced your situation. We did the Jan 2, 6-night cruise on Reflection and obtained the requisite number of points to become Elite Plus on the first night of the cruise, as we lacked only five points to be Elite Plus. But that didn't matter one bit.

Only this morning, January 15, did I discover that we had finally been given Elite Plus status as shown on the Celebrity web site, a full week after we returned home.

My advice, if you are cutting it close like we did for your next cruise, don't book cruises too close together or you might not even get your new loyalty status in time for your next cruise. Or, at best, you might have to go through the process of proving your new status on board your next cruise. I have heard of folks who did have to do that, but they were cheerfully elevated once they could show they had earned it.

We became Elite after the first half of a two ship B2B. The CC hostess notified the host on the second ship, and we had the best ever reception and treatment on the ship. We even dined at the Captain's Table, even though we were in an inside cabin! We are Elite+ now, but nothing has ever matched the experience on that cruise. We really felt special.

Sheila

My advice, if you are cutting it close like we did for your next cruise, don't book cruises too close together or you might not even get your new loyalty status in time for your next cruise. Or, at best, you might have to go through the process of proving your new status on board your next cruise. I have heard of folks who did have to do that, but they were cheerfully elevated once they could show they had earned it.

If you are doing a B2B and move up a level at the end of the first leg you just need to notify the Captains Club rep on the ship and they will make sure that your status is updated immediately for the second leg.

Been there, done that!

We will be back2back this Spring and at the start of our 2nd leg will be elite plus our 22nd Celebrity cruise. Hopefully it will sorted manually by the host we were told this would be the case on our last cruise.Dianne

We will be back2back this Spring and at the start of our 2nd leg will be elite plus our 22nd Celebrity cruise. Hopefully it will sorted manually by the host we were told this would be the case on our last cruise.Dianne

It should be taken care of, this is not something that is new to the hosts, they've dealt with this before so should not be a problem.

Or I may have to take one before, lol. It's going to be a 10 day Alaska that I'll be crossing over on. I want to be Elite :) Thanks for the info!

We did just that, we took a 2 day Repositioning Cruise, Amsterdam - Southampton in Sept 2012.

In the old Captain’s Club programme, we needed just one point to reach Elite. We were taking a 14 night Southern Caribbean cruise in March 2013, so I wanted to be Elite when we started the cruise, to benefit for the perks for our long cruise.

If you go on to the website it will show your cruising history and I believe it shows how many points you need for your next level.

Yes you do!! I think Celebrity has the absolute best elite benefits ... for me, anyway!!

I also recommend taking a short one in the meantime. You will not have to wait as others have suggested. It may not automatically be updated in the system until a couple of weeks later but the Captain's Circle host will take care of everything for you onboard your Alaska cruise. Happy sailing!!