Reviews of refurbished Spirit?

msstatemom

I know it has only been a couple of days since the return of the first Spirit cruise since she came out of drydock, but I am very anxious and excited to hear about her facelift. Anyone?

Me tooooo!! I've been checking and checking the boards waiting for someone to tell us how awesome she is! Why are they being so tight-lipped? Curiosity Killed the Cruiser??? LOL!

I am also hoping to hear some news about the dry dock refurbishing. We are leaving for New Orleans a week from this friday and are anxiously awaiting for the news from those who were on the first cruise after dry dock.

Just off the Spirit on Sunday (10/16) and since I've never been on her before can't really post what "changes" have been made other than, yes, new TV's and carpets looked very clean. Have dailies from entire cruise and when I get a moment, will scan and post them for viewing. I didn't see any menus that you could take with you and since snapping a picture of them in the dining room would be tacky, I guess all I can say is that the food we had onboard was wonderful and there are a lot of choices...I can't understand previous reviewers saying it wasn't good or was very limited. How many choices do you need for 7 days?

Lovely ship with friendly, courteous staff. If you find the post from mitsugirly from September, there is a very detailed review with pictures that captures much of what we saw on her post drydock cruise. They were working on the teen disco (I think that's what it was) while we were aboard, but as far as I could see, that was all. Perhaps someone who has sailed on her before can provide more details. Like I said, I'll provide the dailies as soon as I can scan them all in and post them.

Wolfpackfan: Here is a link a CC member posted to a youtube video of some food served on a Sept. 2011 Spirit cruise:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=cherrycola81#p/u/0/ktD6FFuV6EQ

Didn't notice a menu but the pics will sure make you hungry! Had some dailies, but when I found them in my favorites, noticed they are from a 2005 cruise when The Spirit was sailing out of NY. Don't think that helps....

I too will be on The Spirit on 3/4/12. I started a roll call, but only 2 others have joined so far. Here is the link, if you would care to join in:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1465892

Looking forward to cruising The Spirit.......

Archived