New Port San Antonio, Chile instead of Valparaíso, Chile -Need New Transfer to Airpor

Ruth

Hello Fellow Cruise Critic's -

We are booked on a 14 day cruise from Buenos Aires to Chile. We were to disembark in Valparaiso, Chile. However, Princess Cruise line has now changed to port to San Antonio, Chile. That is fine with us. However, I booked transfers from the port to the Santiago Airport. Has anyone ever deal with "i South America" They had good reviews. However, I have written them 3 times about the change and still haven't heard back from them. They mostly deal with Cruise Port to Airport Transfers & I did notice they book tours as well. Anyone ever dealt with them or any other transfer company from the San Antonio Port in Chile?

Look on TA. There are a number of suggestions. I am looking for someone to do the reverse-Santiago to Valparaiso to San Antonio on Feb. 14 to board the Emerald Princess. I know that Princess transfer options only will be expensive, more than a private transfer.

Are you referring to South Excursions? We are booked with them for a San Antonio pickup, tour and drop at our hotel in Santiago. I've found them to be very quick to respond, even when we got the call about the port change. Perhaps you should recheck the address you are sending your email to. Good luck!

If you are flying to Canada or US most flights leave late in

the evening. Suggest you book a tour to go on. The airport has

no seating and places to wait. You can't check in until 3 hours

before you flight. Remember, the airport may be jammed with

holiday travelers as it is Christian holidays as well as the

start of summer vacation holiday. Get to the airport 4 hour in advance for the long lines in check, and you should be within the

three hour period. Suggestions for tours is a winery and lunch.

Look on TA. There are a number of suggestions. I am looking for someone to do the reverse-Santiago to Valparaiso to San Antonio on Feb. 14 to board the Emerald Princess. I know that Princess transfer options only will be expensive, more than a private transfer.

Hi Susiesan,

We, 7 seniors from Canada, are also searching the trip Santiago - Valparaiso (stay 1 night) - San Antonio, and board Emerald Princess on 14 Feb. It appears that there is bus service between Val - San Antonio. However, we like to charter a bus to bring us directly to cruise terminal. Is it also your idea?

Hi Susiesan,

We, 7 seniors from Canada, are also searching the trip Santiago - Valparaiso (stay 1 night) - San Antonio, and board Emerald Princess on 14 Feb. It appears that there is bus service between Val - San Antonio. However, we like to charter a bus to bring us directly to cruise terminal. Is it also your idea?

I was gong to stay 2 nights in Santiago and one night in Valparaiso but I cancelled Valpo and will stay all 3 nights in santiago. My plan is to check out in Santiago Feb. 14, driver to Valparaiso for a 4-5 hour tour, then drive to San Antonio and arrive at the ship around 4:30. The ship sails now at 6:00, an hour later. I need to find 2 more people who want to join us and then the cost for the day is $120 each.

• 2 weeks later...

we are arriving at san antonio chile on December 23, 2017

any suggestion on public transportation to Vina Del Mar or Valpariso

Tur Bus only seems to go to Santiago

are there any shuttles provided by cruise line NCL or Hotels

any help appreciated Thanks

It is easier to go directly to San Antonio and not go to Valparaiso. Check a map and you will see there are different roads leading to each town, Valparaiso east of Santiago and San Antonio is south of Santiago. Once we stayed at Diego de Valazquez hotel in Santiago and found it lovely. It was in a great area for shopping and being close to park by river. Not sure how far to the airport...

On Celebrity Infinity Jan 7,2018. We just got notified today of the change in port, 60 days ahead of departure, now San Antonio. We already have transfers from airport to Valpo with wine excursion and hotel booked. I doubt we will be able to find a hotel in Santiago at this late date. I am interested in hearing anyone's experience who have done this or anyone on future cruises who have had to change their plans at these ports. Any advice? Will post on my roll call also.

Thanks,

Caroline

On Celebrity Infinity Jan 7,2018. We just got notified today of the change in port, 60 days ahead of departure, now San Antonio. We already have transfers from airport to Valpo with wine excursion and hotel booked. I doubt we will be able to find a hotel in Santiago at this late date. I am interested in hearing anyone's experience who have done this or anyone on future cruises who have had to change their plans at these ports. Any advice? Will post on my roll call also.

Thanks,

Caroline

We liked Diego Valequez hotel in Santiago. Santiago is a large city with many hotels. San Antonio is much smaller. Valparaiso is out of the way for getting to San Antonio. It would be better to book transport from Santiago to San Antonio with a wine tour stop along the way.

Good Luck with your arrangements. It's all part of the adventure!

• 2 weeks later...
we are arriving at san antonio chile on December 23, 2017

any suggestion on public transportation to Vina Del Mar or Valpariso

Tur Bus only seems to go to Santiago

are there any shuttles provided by cruise line NCL or Hotels

any help appreciated Thanks

We are on NCL that date arriving in San Antonio and looking for transportation to Valpariso, too.

I am arriving on the Norwegian Sun to port of San Antonio, Chile on December 23rd, 2017. I found http://www.turistik.com to be helpful for transportation to and around Santiago, Chile.n They offer tickets for the Hop On Hop Off bus in Santiago, also besides the transportation from the port to the airport/hotels. I am willing to share a van/car with others on this cruise. Contact me via Jeneanb@msn.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
isouthamerica.com/airport-transfers-santiago-chile-scl/

We will be using this company transfer from ship to Airport.

Hi Ruth, Did you end up using i south america? I've been corresponding with them for a transfer from santiago to san antonio in march and yes, they are slow to respond but I cannot find any review of them or their services. Please let me know what your experience was with this agency?

Sincerely,

Morguenna