Cruise Atlas - Order Online Link

syesmar

No, it was NOT the cruise planner. I am well aware of the difference. It was the new ATLAS with 193 pages just as I said.

We have the 2018-2019 Cruise Atlas as you do. And yes, the fact that there are no deck plans is a real bummer. We must have picked it up on the Veendam in January-February. Maybe they sent their whole supply to the Veendam and headquarters has none!! ;p

I think it was a major oopsie that deck plans were not included.

I know my travel agent recd a separate booklet for travel agencies as a desk reference guide with all deck plans.

Edited by 1ANGELCAT

I think it was a major oopsie that deck plans were not included.

I know my travel agent recd a separate booklet for travel agencies as a desk reference guide with all deck plans.

I don't think it was an "oopsie" to omit the deck plans as HAL's marketing department sees it. Saves paper and ink; and as the ship's go into dry dock with changes in there interiors being made, someone(s) in marketing thought it was a good idea to leave the deck plans out.

For us consumers of their product: yes, it was a "major oopsie", however!

HAL is always the last, if not among the last, to make available brochures.

But, maybe we ought to appreciate what they do provide. Hard copy brochures are not available from Carnival Cruise Lines and now, I think, even Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines have stopped publishing them. I used to be able to order a hard copy of RCCL from them on their web site. Trying to do so Saturday, I found only an e-copy that could be downloaded with no link to order one. I e-mailed a message to their "Contact Us" about this and have heard nothing from them so far.

Today, I received an e-mail from RCCL about my brochure request. To paraphrase the response: Because of their concern with the environment, they have stopped issuing hard copy brochures.

My thought upon reading this: And, by doing so, RCCL is reducing its marketing costs. I don't deny that altering business practices to benefit our environment should not be done. But, to use that "excuse" for reducing a company's business expense is what I find objectionable.

For us consumers of their product: yes, it was a "major oopsie", however!

Absolutely. I use the deck plans for choosing a cabin, not so much for checking out the public rooms. HAL can change the public rooms to their heart's content, but cabin choice matters. Cabin numbers, and where they are in relation to each other, elevators, and public restrooms, tend not to change.

On the website, the cabins are not listed out from fore to aft, but broken down into segments of the ship. I want to see the whole picture, choose cabins in order of preference, then ask my TA to book, using my priority list.

No, it was NOT the cruise planner. I am well aware of the difference. It was the new ATLAS with 193 pages just as I said.

I too have my Cruise Atlas in my hot little hand and it is indeed 193 pages. Picked it up on the Zaandam in February.

In another thread, a poster indicated that he couldn't find a link to the e-version of the Cruise Atlas on HAL's website. For anyone experiencing similar difficulties, this link works:

https://cdn.coverstand.com/45926/419531/7cff7632c35b0bff86487c9d8dcfe0527c8ad08c.1.pdf

Thanks again, Foremco. The "Sailing Schedule at a Glance" chart is on page 193, in case anyone else has trouble finding it, took a lot of scrolling. I did not find deck plans. I am happy not to have the printed 194 pages, I already receive too much paper from HAL. I know others prefer printed matter and it is wrong of HAL to offer brochures without delivering brochures.

• 1 month later...

April 2019 - April 2020 Edition In Print

While I have not yet received by mail a printed copy of the April 2019 - April 2020 Cruise Atlas, they were available on board the Zaandam (just disembarked yesterday, wonderful cruise!). The itineraries are up-to-date and reflect the sale of the Prinsendam.

The “Get In The Know” web page link from the original post of this Thread in May doesn’t mention the Atlas anymore, I wonder if the “travel guide” now referenced is just the Cruise Planner? I wonder if those who requested the Atlas at the time it was stated will receive it? For whatever it’s worth, when I was contemplating booking this year, I contacted my PCC and she sent me the 2018 Atlas (she hadn’t been able to do so for a couple years).

Just wanted to pass along that the latest edition is in print.

Happy Sailing! :)

Edited by syesmar
spacing

Since this thread started a few months ago, and many of us requested the Atlas within a few days of that, I am wondering if anyone received one yet from Seattle as a result of that request.

I did not. Had it not been for the kind generosity of another poster, I still would not have one.

Not good, Seattle.

I have the 2018-2019 Cruise Catalog. How does the differ from the Cruise Atlas? I would really like one that shows diagrams of the ships and all of their floors, is that even available?

I believe the Cruise Catalogs list a selection of sailings with promotional pricing. The Cruise Atlas is 205 pages and lists every sailing by region, along with Deck Plans (the 2019-2020 Atlas includes these) and a Welcome Aboard section with information about the HAL sailing experience. The Cruise Planner is about 70 pages and is a condensed version of the Atlas.

I can't find any deck plans in the 2018-2019 Cruise Atlas. I just flipped through the back of the Atlas, and looked up the table of contents. I didn't see them, or it listed.

I had been advised of this, so kept my old Atlas just to have the deck plans.

They do come in very handy when deciding where I want my cabin. Looking it up on the website is an exercise in frustration, since the site requires you to pick a deck and an area of the ship from which to choose. Sometimes my first choice is on one deck and area, and my next choice somewhere else entirely.

They [deck plans] do come in very handy when deciding where I want my cabin. Looking it up on the website is an exercise in frustration, since the site requires you to pick a deck and an area of the ship from which to choose. Sometimes my first choice is on one deck and area, and my next choice somewhere else entirely.

You can save a PDF copy of deck plans from the HAL website in 7 or so easy steps:

Click "The experience".

Click "Our ships".

Scroll down until you find your ship. (They are alphabetized, except for Nieuw Statendam, which is listed first.)

Click "The Details".

Scroll down to "Deck Plans".

Click "PDF of all decks".

Save the PDF with a descriptive name, such as "Amsterdam Deck Plans AUG 2018.pdf".

Open whenever you want and peruse to your heart's content.

Consider renaming the PDF "Amsterdam Deck Plans effective after May 10, 2018.pdf".

You can save a PDF copy of deck plans from the HAL website in 7 or so easy steps:...

Or, I can save the paper copy from my old Atlas in one easy step. Reaching for it beneath the current Atlas right next to me is easy, too, and I'm saving a whole lot of steps.

Sometimes low tech is a whole lot easier than high tech. :D

On the HAL website the new 2019 to 2020 Cruise Atlas is linked on the e-Brochures page here. https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/ebrochures.html

Select the on-line viewable version then press a download icon (Down arrow) located at the upper right of the viewing screen. The download should be a PDF of a bit over 100 megabytes.

On the HAL website the new 2019 to 2020 Cruise Atlas is linked on the e-Brochures page here. https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/ebrochures.html

Select the on-line viewable version then press a download icon (Down arrow) located at the upper right of the viewing screen. The download should be a PDF of a bit over 100 megabytes.

Thanks for the link, Cruise4food. The download did not even start for me using Firefox 61.0.2 on a Macbook.