Originally posted by Kiwi Kruzer
A very good friend had her husband diagnosed with early Alzheimers and so decided it was now or never to cruise. She booked 3 cruises. He managed 2 and the third had to be cancelled. Even with the 2 cruises , he did not know where he was and on the way home caused security alerts at the Ala Moana Centre, Honolulu, and Sydney International Airport.
However she enjoyed those precious days together as he is now in a secure unit for his own, and others safety , so has those memories to look back on.

I believe the lesson we can all take from this thread is that if we are thinking whether we should take a cruise or not.....
Do it while you can.
Quite correct David, as Uncle Les has always said on here..'Adventure before Dementia.'

My mother died from the illness and missed out on a lot of life. The Glen Residential Care Centre is over my back fence and I can tell you they are not all 'oldies in there.' I go there sometimes with my U3A choir to sing for them, sad places.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 480 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Baltics, Scandinavia, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last trifecta of cruises:
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

**Next Cruise:
Noordam - 21 April 2019, South Pacific Crossing - Sydney-Honolulu - 14 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'