MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Anyone know when MSC will release the June 2018 Seaside sailings? I would like to price out 7 and 14 day YC bookings. FYI, I am also not showing any 14 day sailings at all on the Seaside at this time for any dates.

The June 2018 sailings are already released. I booked a 7 day months ago and I've seen the 14 day listings.

Yes, I know I SHOULD be able to, but have not yet been successful doing so! LOL! If you would be so kind to see if you can do it, I would love to see what the price is and if there are any special perks with it. We are looking at the Seaside for 14 nights February 10th-24th. Fantastica Balcony. Black card if that matters. (It was booked as a 14 day, not a B2B) Thanks so much! If you can't post the info here, try: suzyed at aol dot com

For the life of me, I could not get a 15 night cruise to populate for the Seaside during your stated dates (I sense a gremlin in the works). If there is an solice in the matter, MSC's office is supposed to be open on September 14th under *normal* hours. You might trying calling (or, use the CALL ME feature, if possible). Explain what you were trying to do - perhaps there is a glitch in the system. Good luck!

Last I've heard is the Feb 17 sailing is completely sold out. It is winter break for many in the US. That may explain why.

I have a total of 5 inside cabins booked on this cruise for that very reason, kids out of school. Unfortunately it looks like they'll be back in school that week to make up for lost days due to Irma. It's very likely I'll be cancelling 3 of those cabins in the not to distant future. I'm guessing they're will be other families in the southern states facing a similar situation.

Anyone know when MSC will release the June 2019 Seaside sailings? I would like to price out 7 and 14 day YC bookings. FYI, I am also not showing any 14 day sailings at all on the Seaside at this time for any dates.

We booked a 14 day for 2/2018...but it no longer shows the 14 day.:rolleyes:

For the life of me, I could not get a 15 night cruise to populate for the Seaside during your stated dates (I sense a gremlin in the works). If there is an solice in the matter, MSC's office is supposed to be open on September 14th under *normal* hours. You might trying calling (or, use the CALL ME feature, if possible). Explain what you were trying to do - perhaps there is a glitch in the system. Good luck!

See, I guess I'm not nuts afterall!! LOL!

I already have it booked but was really curious what the pricing is at this point.....just to compare.

Great pictures, thank you for sharing!

A few photos received while we were away on Preziosa this last week.

The filling of the dock before the Second Sea trials.

Notice the Bottom all painted and the Props all nice and Polished up.

enhance

Out at Sea

enhance

Oh great!! So week one which starts on 2/10 will be ok and week 2 will be crazy!? :eek:

Susan,

Maybe it won't be as bad as you think. Pat and I did a B2B on Princess last year (CA Coastal followed by Mex Riv). There were 75 kids on leg one, and 600 on the second leg. Everyone seemed well-behaved, and we had a pleasant time on both. Plus, the Seaside has a special family buffet which may help as well.

Think positively!

Stan

I have not read the entire thread but I have a few questions.

The brochure for the Divina shows the balcony cabins as 183 to 454 square feet depending on location. The brochure for the Seaside lists the balcony cabins as 150 square feet. Are they really going to be that much smaller? We are booked for March 3 in cabin 14260 next to the aft suites. I know that the ship is not finished yet but does anyone have an opinion on this?

I see Captain Scala's name mentioned. Will he be the captain of the Seaside?

Thank you. We are anxiously awaiting sailing on this ship.

The brochure for the Divina shows the balcony cabins as 183 to 454 square feet depending on location. The brochure for the Seaside lists the balcony cabins as 150 square feet. Are they really going to be that much smaller? We are booked for March 3 in cabin 14260 next to the aft suites. I know that the ship is not finished yet but does anyone have an opinion on this?

Yes it seems all cruise lines are getting greedy and putting more cabins in by making them smaller , yes Capt Scala is the the man.

It's very common for MSC to print incorrect information. Nothing new there.

Standard balcony cabins should be 178 sq ft with a 48 sq ft balcony.

Standard Inside cabins are 150 sq ft.

The cabin sizes are pretty standard for most mass market ships today.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's very common for MSC to print incorrect information. Nothing new there.

Standard balcony cabins should be 178 sq ft with a 48 sq ft balcony.

Standard Inside cabins are 150 sq ft.

The cabin sizes are pretty standard for most mass market ships today.

Hope this helps.

Well, that's very interesting. I specifically booked an S3 suite because of the 150 square foot size of balcony cabins posted on their website. Is there a different source which has the correct info? Maybe I should switch back to a normal balcony. Fortunately, the price difference wasn't that large. Rather disappointing that they seem to be so incompetent about this stuff (at some point you have to stop making excuses for stuff like this and call it what it is).

Yes it seems all cruise lines are getting greedy and putting more cabins in by making them smaller , yes Capt Scala is the the man.

Is that really true for all lines? Celebrity Edge cabins aren't smaller than earlier ships. Maybe some lines are doing this for inside cabins but I can't see them skimping on balcony cabins.

Well, that's very interesting. I specifically booked an S3 suite because of the 150 square foot size of balcony cabins posted on their website. Is there a different source which has the correct info? Maybe I should switch back to a normal balcony. Fortunately, the price difference wasn't that large. Rather disappointing that they seem to be so incompetent about this stuff (at some point you have to stop making excuses for stuff like this and call it what it is).

It is frustrating. It's obvious that MSC has serious issues with communication and accuracy. Whomever is getting the information from the shipyard and architects is not translating it correctly to the various MSC offices around the world.

Interestingly enough, some MSC produced media do show the correct dimensions and others do not. So they are not even consistent within their own media.

The latest US based MSC brochure does have accurate figures as does the US MSC website. A standard balcony shows dimensions from 172 to 269 sq ft plus a balcony of up to 97 sq feet. Which standard balcony cabins are at the higher dimensions I don't know (maybe on the slants or ends), but the vast majority are 178 sq ft with a 48 sq foot balcony. If they were only 150 sq ft, they would never be able to fit a full size couch in them like the diagrams and renderings show. Cabin size needs to be close to the standard 180 sq ft in order to have that sofa. The smaller inside cabins at 150 sq ft have no couch for instance.

As for the S3 it's really not a "suite" in the true sense of the word. Basically a standard size balcony cabin but with a much larger balcony. Of course you get some suite amenities but don't expect the interior cabin size to be any bigger, with the exception of the S3's that have the aft view and those are larger, but I'm not sure I would call them a "suite"either.

As for the S3 it's really not a "suite" in the true sense of the word. Basically a standard size balcony cabin but with a much larger balcony. Of course you get some suite amenities but don't expect the interior cabin size to be any bigger, with the exception of the S3's that have the aft view and those are larger, but I'm not sure I would call them a "suite"either.

Sorry, I was wrong. I just checked my confirmation and I'm in an S2, cabin 9066 (forward facing) and the MSC site claims these dimensions.

Surface: 215.28 Square feet

Balcony Size 80.73 Square feet

I'm not actually expecting anything more than a bigger cabin and balcony vs. a normal balcony cabin. What "suite amenities" will I get?

Their Seaside promotion is strange because they lump suites and Yacht Club in the same promo category. So you don't get the mealtime drink package (since in theory YC guests already have free drinks, although suites do not). But I get more OBC. Since the mealtime drink package is pretty useless for us (we don't generally drink wine), I don't really care about not having it, especially since we get 12 drinks each as part of the Fantastica package.