Westpac CC with QBE Travel Insurance have now changed to Allianz as of 1 Oct 2017

Seems like the banks have decided that as long as you’re healthy and have no pre existing they’re happy to cover you.

After finding out they would not cover my husband through the CC but were happy to take the money if we paid for the full insurance I told them to stick it.

I just bought our insurance through insure and go and it came in over $200 cheaper than Allianz.

I was going to find another CC provider but will wait and see how far reaching these changes will go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Seems like the banks have decided that as long as you’re healthy and have no pre existing they’re happy to cover you.

After finding out they would not cover my husband through the CC but were happy to take the money if we paid for the full insurance I told them to stick it.

I just bought our insurance through insure and go and it came in over $200 cheaper than Allianz.

I was going to find another CC provider but will wait and see how far reaching these changes will go.

Yes they offered us a direct policy too. High premium.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by wombat13

Yes I think so they have obviously given the banks a good deal. To compensate the costs it seems Allianz have reduced their risk by not covering PE ( that are not on list). Well that is my opinion.

I wonder if they will notice a drop off on their card use over time.

Time will tell, I have a card that provides better benefits than just the Travel insurance, so that may get more of the business..

• 6 months later...

Back from Japan trip. Looking at my next cruise for next year. So now need to get Travel Insurance with pre existing for my partner. Just checking back with you all to see if you have any extra information you could share with me.

Cheers

Back from Japan trip. Looking at my next cruise for next year. So now need to get Travel Insurance with pre existing for my partner. Just checking back with you all to see if you have any extra information you could share with me.

Cheers

After this thread last year we did not use CC insurance for our last cruise for the first time for a few years. WE did insure with INsure N Go in the end who did insure my husbands pre exisiting conditions. I did have to make a very small claim, and I did not find them easy to do deal with. Our claim was not due to health but delayed flights etc. 5 weeks later, they have finally settled, but not for what I thought they would. For this reason, I will looking for another insurance company for our next trip, and will read with interest the suggestions. Cheryle

After this thread last year we did not use CC insurance for our last cruise for the first time for a few years. WE did insure with INsure N Go in the end who did insure my husbands pre exisiting conditions. I did have to make a very small claim, and I did not find them easy to do deal with. Our claim was not due to health but delayed flights etc. 5 weeks later, they have finally settled, but not for what I thought they would. For this reason, I will looking for another insurance company for our next trip, and will read with interest the suggestions. Cheryle
Thanks for the feedback Cheryle. I too will be interested how others have got on.

Jean

Cheers

As my wife's pre-existing condition cannot be covered anymore, we closed the account of the credit card and have changed to another that has better perks besides the Travel insurance. We now have an annual Travel insurance policy which covers all travel, domestic cruises and International travel and cruises. Cost wise this was a good decision as we previously needed to get insurance for the domestic cruises anyway. We haven't made a claim as yet.

As my wife's pre-existing condition cannot be covered anymore, we closed the account of the credit card and have changed to another that has better perks besides the Travel insurance. We now have an annual Travel insurance policy which covers all travel, domestic cruises and International travel and cruises. Cost wise this was a good decision as we previously needed to get insurance for the domestic cruises anyway. We haven't made a claim as yet.
That sounds good could you share the company you are using please. If unable to do so here could you send me a message. Appreciate.

That sounds good could you share the company you are using please. If unable to do so here could you send me a message. Appreciate.

NRMA.:D

Unlimited medical and lots of other benefits, but ring them rather than doing it on line, you will cut the premium in half.

MicCanberra, does your travel insurance include your wife’s pre existing conditions? A very good policy if it does.

Yes it does, total coverage now.

Her condition is not one of the conditions listed in the normal 43 or so, it used to be covered with an assessment (and a $75 fee) but that changed with underwriters which is why the CC insurance was no good anymore. :D

MicCanberra, thanks for your reply. Without wanting to know all the details , that would be rude of me, could I ask if your wife has any heart problems. A yes or no answer is all I need. My husband has many heart related problems, travel insurance is a nightmare.

At the moment SCTI want $1600 plus to insurance a five week trip to Europe. We are still looking at other companies. Most head for the hills when they hear heart failure even though it happened in 2010.

MicCanberra, thanks for your reply. Without wanting to know all the details , that would be rude of me, could I ask if your wife has any heart problems. A yes or no answer is all I need. My husband has many heart related problems, travel insurance is a nightmare.

At the moment SCTI want $1600 plus to insurance a five week trip to Europe. We are still looking at other companies. Most head for the hills when they hear heart failure even though it happened in 2010.

No, it is not heart related.

I’ve just received a quote from HCF unwritten by QBE for an annual policy. They want $200 extra for my pre existing even though it is managed and I am not taking any medication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NRMA.:D

Unlimited medical and lots of other benefits, but ring them rather than doing it on line, you will cut the premium in half.

I just rang NRMA and was quoted $1575 for an annual policy, unlimited cover, 45 days each trip and zero excess. My husband’s age would increase our premium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve just received a quote from HCF unwritten by QBE for an annual policy. They want $200 extra for my pre existing even though it is managed and I am not taking any medication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That medical condition was not extra for the NRMA though it came in at $500 more than HCF

Went into Nmra in person. Was quoted $1917 for a annual policy, unlimited cover, 45 days each trip and $250 excess. Covered partners pre existing. But I don't think this would work for us. As we do long trips but only 1 sometimes 2 a year.

I just rang NRMA and was quoted $1575 for an annual policy, unlimited cover, 45 days each trip and zero excess. My husband’s age would increase our premium.

I would have thought they would take in your husbands' age and any conditions straight away when working out the premium price. I suppose you will need to work out if it is worth it for you or if you go with individual trip policies.

Went into Nmra in person. Was quoted $1917 for a annual policy, unlimited cover, 45 days each trip and $250 excess. Covered partners pre existing. But I don't think this would work for us. As we do long trips but only 1 sometimes 2 a year.

As I said, you need to work out which way is best for you and your travel plans. For us it works out well with an annual policy as we will do between 6 to 12 trips a year that may involve a possible claim of insurance. At least half of those would be for the assurance that medical and possible medical evacuation is covered for us.