Carnival Triumph fails latest CDC sanitary inspection

anchorsaway67

Is this still the same failing grade from months ago or a new one? It seems to have taken the current news cycle by storm. I assumed it was another failing grade. LOL

It does seem suspicious that old news has resurfaced, doesn't it. Don't know where it started, but it is behaving like a virus no hand sanitizer will fix. :D

It does seem suspicious that old news has resurfaced, doesn't it. Don't know where it started, but it is behaving like a virus no hand sanitizer will fix. :D
Well, this is Triumph we're talking about. Bad news follows this ship like a cloud. Just when you think it's all over....... LOL [emoji38][emoji38]

9be4e3489106031be495887f0ab7b019.jpg

I sense the dark side...... they are everywhere (well at least a dozen or so) where is Obewankanobe when we need him!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, this is Triumph we're talking about. Bad news follows this ship like a cloud. Just when you think it's all over....... LOL [emoji38][emoji38]

9be4e3489106031be495887f0ab7b019.jpg

The grass is always greener, isn't it? Most people who will never cruise, talk and dream of being on one of these fabulous vacations. Give seasoned cruisers a few extra days at sea, and they can't wait to return to land again. :rolleyes:

I was on Triumph Dec 9-14, 2017 and at that time the ship was very clean, buffet area was very clean with crew cleaning aling the passenger side of the line everytime I went there, no garbage lying around public areas and cabin was kept very nicely. It's my understanding that issues in the inspection and been rectified and ship will be ready for the required follow-up inspection. No reports of noro onboard during the same time as multiple reports from various other brand ships. We had no complaints about the overall condition of the ship, condition of cabin or overall food and foid service. Just like stateside restaurants and hotels, inspections can be worse than operator expected but just like stateside restaurants and hotels, in most cases, Carnival took immediate action and rectified the problems. I wouldn't hesitate cruising on Triumph again.

Thanks, CGanesh. I will be on C.Triumph in April 2018 on a 5 day. I'e sailed on the Triumph at least 4 times. It is getting a bit old and weary, but I have always found it to be a clean ship. And I read the CDC report and the report response from Carnival. Mostly it seems that there were some training issues going on. I understand that new team members (crew) are often placed on the smaller ships to be trained before being moved to larger, newer vessels. So, what the inspector was seeing may have been new crew who were still learning sanitary procedures.

Just read the report. There are some important violations that need to be addressed quickly. Disgusting ice machines, clean plates on dirty carts, dishwasher not properly working, and water temps for workers not reaching the correct temps for hand washing just to mention a few.

Would I cancel my cruise...no.

Just read the report. There are some important violations that need to be addressed quickly. Disgusting ice machines, clean plates on dirty carts, dishwasher not properly working, and water temps for workers not reaching the correct temps for hand washing just to mention a few.

Would I cancel my cruise...no.

You mean have already been addressed?