Rotterdam Water, Lemonade, etc.

HightowerMom

My parents are finally taking their first cruise!

Wondering how readily available cold water and lemonade are on board. Do they have self serve stations or do they ask at the bar? Will there be bottled water for purchase in their room or elsewhere?

Many thanks!

Cold water will be available in the dining room and in the Lido. There are ice and water dispensers in the Lido. Or they can buy bottled water if they wish. Most of the time lemonade and ice tea is available in the Lido buffet as well. Also, the tap water in their cabin will be safe to drink. We usually take a refillable bottle or two and fill them in our cabin and keep them in the refrigerator so we always have cold water right at hand.

We were on the Rotterdam last month. There was water and tea available in the Lido. I don’t about lemonade, since we didn’t drink any.

There were 2 bottles of water in the room for purchase, and I am sure they would bring more if we had used them. We purchased a case of bottled water for the room through the website ahead of time. I think it was cheaper than purchasing individual bottles on board. I believe you could also purchase this as a gift to be delivered to their room, if you choose to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not all cabins on the Rotterdam have a mini refrigerator. Only balcony and verandah cabins have them.

If you have a cabin that doesn't have a mini refrigerator, you can rent one for $2 a day. Must call ahead to reserve one -- Ship Services -- 1-800-541-1576.

We have a Lanai cabin on the Rotterdam in March. I contacted Ship's Services and asked about mini-fridges. The cabin description on HAL's website says "self-serve mini-bar" as a feature of the Lanai cabins. Ship's Services said that "yes, there is a mini-bar with soft drinks, beers, wines and snacks". But in cabin pictures I have seen, I don't see the fridge under the desk, like you do on larger cabins. Which is it ?

Ice water is available EVERYWHERE...any bar or eating venue will give you a glass upon request. In your cabin, the water from your sink is the same stuff...put ice in it, as it won't "run cold". All of your food, beverages and ice are made from the same H2O. Lemonade is usually only in the buffet....but again, it's made with the same ship's water! It's all good, clean and tasty!

We have a Lanai cabin on the Rotterdam in March. I contacted Ship's Services and asked about mini-fridges. The cabin description on HAL's website says "self-serve mini-bar" as a feature of the Lanai cabins. Ship's Services said that "yes, there is a mini-bar with soft drinks, beers, wines and snacks". But in cabin pictures I have seen, I don't see the fridge under the desk, like you do on larger cabins. Which is it ?

The "self-serve mini bar" is just the soft drinks, beers, etc., sitting on the desk in the lanai cabins.

No mini refrigerator.