Farewell Monarch, March 29, 2013 (Part 2)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:48 PM.
Ottawa, Illinois
4,425 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by wolfcathorse
So Mateo is stressing me out. Fortunately this time I did plan on flying to FLL a day early...unfortunately I did not purchase travel insurance. We're supposed to leave Grand Rapids Friday afternoon on Southwest at 3:10. Mateo is supposed to be dwindling by then. There are 2 more flights to FLL after ours but one never knows. The earliest Southwest lands in FLL from Grand Rapids is 1:25 pm. If I'm forced to fly on boarding day, can I make it if we land at 1:25? We have carry-ons only.
I hope that you made it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Plus

USS Saratoga CV-60 1974-1978

Upcoming cruises

Mariner of the Seas 8-24-18
Mariner of the Seas 8-27-18
Majesty of the Seas 10-29-18
Anthem of the Seas 12-6-18
NCL Star 02-15-19

42 Trips the Empress of the Seas hasn't been added to the active list yet.
Northern Lower Michigan
12,046 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by hannibal54
I hope that you made it.
yes, we made it. I woke up with vomiting and diarrhea Friday morning before we left. We had it going around the nursing home i work at. By 8 I was done vomiting and I'm a firm believer of not eating if it's only going to come back up. So we drove to Grand Rapids, going 35 the last 10 miles. There were 10 cars in the ditch waiting to be pulled out. I slept the whole time at the gates, on the planes and finally in bed at the hotel at 2 am. Lied on the health questionnaire Saturday morning but I'm sure many do that. On Day 2 I put myself on a clear liquid diet and that finally cleared up the diarrhea. I told my boss we should try it at work, Champagne and White Wine worked wonders. We even had lobster on formal night Day 2. Overall, we got tans and had a very restful time, once we got there!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mariner of the Seas 8-24, 9-7, and 9-10-18

Brilliance TA 5-4-19
Radiance Alaska 8-30-19
Serenade repo 10-27-19
Ottawa, Illinois
4,425 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by wolfcathorse
yes, we made it. I woke up with vomiting and diarrhea Friday morning before we left. We had it going around the nursing home i work at. By 8 I was done vomiting and I'm a firm believer of not eating if it's only going to come back up. So we drove to Grand Rapids, going 35 the last 10 miles. There were 10 cars in the ditch waiting to be pulled out. I slept the whole time at the gates, on the planes and finally in bed at the hotel at 2 am. Lied on the health questionnaire Saturday morning but I'm sure many do that. On Day 2 I put myself on a clear liquid diet and that finally cleared up the diarrhea. I told my boss we should try it at work, Champagne and White Wine worked wonders. We even had lobster on formal night Day 2. Overall, we got tans and had a very restful time, once we got there!
I am glad that you made it but it sucks that you were sick.
I saw in your signature that you have the Mariner listed for 8-24, is that this year? I am doing a B2B solo on that date along with the next cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Plus

USS Saratoga CV-60 1974-1978

Upcoming cruises

Mariner of the Seas 8-24-18
Mariner of the Seas 8-27-18
Majesty of the Seas 10-29-18
Anthem of the Seas 12-6-18
NCL Star 02-15-19

42 Trips the Empress of the Seas hasn't been added to the active list yet.
Northern Lower Michigan
12,046 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by hannibal54
I am glad that you made it but it sucks that you were sick.
I saw in your signature that you have the Mariner listed for 8-24, is that this year? I am doing a B2B solo on that date along with the next cruise.
Yes! This year! I'm retiring Aug 23 and I'm taking my boss on her first cruise. I'll be on 8-24 then go home for 2 weeks before returning solo in a JS 9-7, then Jim comes 9-10. We'll have to meet up.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mariner of the Seas 8-24, 9-7, and 9-10-18

Brilliance TA 5-4-19
Radiance Alaska 8-30-19
Serenade repo 10-27-19