wheelchair on NCL Sky tender

scottbet

I understand the tender is not wheelchair accessible, but I'm wondering if we can use our wheelchair to get my husband to the tender, let him walk on, and then store the chair on the tender? He can walk, slowly, but would freeze up if he had to walk the distance from our cabin to the tender (he has advanced Parkinsons). Also wondering if there is a boardwalk on NCL's private island or if we should leave the wheelchair on the ship then? Thanks for any advice...this is his first try at a cruise.

I understand the tender is not wheelchair accessible, but I'm wondering if we can use our wheelchair to get my husband to the tender, let him walk on, and then store the chair on the tender? He can walk, slowly, but would freeze up if he had to walk the distance from our cabin to the tender (he has advanced Parkinsons). Also wondering if there is a boardwalk on NCL's private island or if we should leave the wheelchair on the ship then? Thanks for any advice...this is his first try at a cruise.

Can he do stairs? There are usually stairs to get down to the tender. Yes you can take the wheelchair on the tender as long as he is able to get out of it.

Don't know about NCL's private island.

Can he do stairs? There are usually stairs to get down to the tender. Yes you can take the wheelchair on the tender as long as he is able to get out of it.

Don't know about NCL's private island.

Important to note that it has to be a collapsible/folding wheelchair. A power wheelchair is still generally not allowed even if the person walks onto the tender.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting from the ship to the tender isn't always easy. The ship may be very stable but it doesn't take much of a wave for the tender to be moving up and down by a couple of feet or more. The crossing from the ship to the tender will be assisted by the crew but you do need to be pretty stable on your feet because there will be movement.

Archived