[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:55 AM.
Denver Co
37 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by Got2Cruise
I'm going to write a review soon aimed at folks who are interested in Star Clipper but don't know anything about them. My itinerary was the ten day Venice to Athens. If anyone has any questions about the ports or any generic questions in general I'd be happy to try to help. Some of us like to know details, nothing wrong with that. :-).

Until I write the review keep in mind it's all about the sailing!

My sister and I are taking the same cruise in Oct 2016 from Venice to Athens. I would love your comments about the ports. Thanks
Chicago area, USA
860 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
Ships have personalities. My experiences with Star Clipper were highly variable; we hugely enjoyed Star Flyer: it's a smaller ship in every way: crew are great and you interact with them on ship and off; many went to the beach with us in their off days. Passengers are an energetic mix with no pretences, fun to be with on board and off.
Royal Clipper is a (comparatively) much larger ship with a fairly formal dining room. Passengers were 10 years older in fact and seemed 20 years older in their thought process; some of the women traveled in cliques; reminded me of high school.
I had the same issue with Windstar; the smaller ship was much friendlier in general in terms of the passengers; while they were a bit older than those on Star Clipper, the ones on the larger ship were also older than those on the smaller one.
The funniest thing I remember was that both Star Clipper and Windstar had the same sail away song; is it still that way?
We had some heavy rolling in our bed on one tumultuous night on the Flyer in the upper Caribbean; I don't get seasick but I've never seen much of that on any sailing ship.
Star Clipper is great fun if you are young at heart or body; having traveled on everything from Carnival to Sea Dream I highly recommend it.