Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:29 PM.
Cambridgeshire
2,610 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Apparently this is the name for the new ship, 300 pax starting late 2017.

Regards John
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John Watson

Ships cruised on
RMS Queen Elizabeth, SS France, Oronsay, Oceana, Vision of the Seas, Caribbean Princess, Aurora,
Queen Mary 2, Star Flyer, Star Clipper, Grand Princess, Queen Elizabeth, Azura, Ruby Princess, Ventura, Diamond Princess, Britannia, Emerald Princess, Navigator of the Seas
Citrus Springs, Fl.
4,384 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
I hope to sail her in Sept 2018....wondering where she will be positioned? Now with 4 ships in the fleet, I wonder if all of them will be positioned in the med? Guessing Northern Europe will get one ship. Wouldn't Hawaii be a change....heaven knows there is enough wind
Cambridgeshire
2,610 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by RMS Olympic
I hope to sail her in Sept 2018....wondering where she will be positioned? Now with 4 ships in the fleet, I wonder if all of them will be positioned in the med? Guessing Northern Europe will get one ship. Wouldn't Hawaii be a change....heaven knows there is enough wind
The cruise line will probably do a Caribbean and a Cuba section as well as a European one. I cannot see Hawaii being viable on legal and technical grounds under the cabotage rules. After calling in at the first port in Hawaii the ship must visit a distant foreign port before calling in at another American port which is a long way away at 8 knots or so.

My guess is that they will be bigging up Cuba as not many other cruise lines can go there, Thomson, Fred Olsen etc.

Regards John
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John Watson

Ships cruised on
RMS Queen Elizabeth, SS France, Oronsay, Oceana, Vision of the Seas, Caribbean Princess, Aurora,
Queen Mary 2, Star Flyer, Star Clipper, Grand Princess, Queen Elizabeth, Azura, Ruby Princess, Ventura, Diamond Princess, Britannia, Emerald Princess, Navigator of the Seas
Cambridgeshire
2,610 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by john watson
Apparently this is the name for the new ship, 300 pax starting late 2017.

Regards John
Delayed until early 2018 now, apparently.

Regards John
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John Watson

Ships cruised on
Quebec
998 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
I don't want to spoil anything but pictures are available on the web (if you do a little research) about the Flying Clipper being built. Star Clipper would probably not be very pleased if I post them here. Just to say you will not be disappointed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SeaEscape-Scandinavian Dawn - March 1990
Windstar-Wind Surf -December 2012
Windstar-Wind Surf - December 2013
Celebrity-Constellation - March 2014
Windstar-Wind Star - December 2014
Celebrity-Constellation - March 2015
Celebrity-Summit - January 2016
Celebrity-Constellation - August 2016
Windstar-Wind Spirit - July 2017
Celebrity-Silhouette - February 2018
Cambridgeshire
2,610 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Brodosplit shipyard in Split, Croatia are building the vessel and images are available if you google and specify images. i have also found artists impressions on Croatia news sites, it's bigger news there that in the US for example. One could even say it's world-wide news in Croatia!

Regards John
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John Watson

Ships cruised on
Quebec
998 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
It floats LOL. Flying Clipper launched today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00X-ANSflQk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SeaEscape-Scandinavian Dawn - March 1990
Windstar-Wind Surf -December 2012
Windstar-Wind Surf - December 2013
Celebrity-Constellation - March 2014
Windstar-Wind Star - December 2014
Celebrity-Constellation - March 2015
Celebrity-Summit - January 2016
Celebrity-Constellation - August 2016
Windstar-Wind Spirit - July 2017
Celebrity-Silhouette - February 2018
Cambridgeshire
2,610 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Looks excellent to me. If you scale it up it to others in the fleet, it seems absolutely gigantic!

Regards John
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John Watson

Ships cruised on
Cambridgeshire
2,610 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
There is a good model of the ship video on Youtube narration is not English but a very good idea of how the ship is going to look when finished. I assume it is Serbo-Croat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tk0gKDr3W4

Regards John
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John Watson

Ships cruised on
Citrus Springs, Fl.
4,384 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Thanks for the video!!! The color of the hull is so different, but wonderful. I wonder if this will be how she really gets painted and if so will the rest of the fleet follow? Me, I like the tan and gray color scheme. Now when will she sail? I'll book!