Silverseas Excursions Prices? Where to find?

ladymadeline

This will be our first Silverseas cruise (South America - January 2018). I'm trying to figure out excursions. While I can find the list on the Silverseas website, there is no pricing. Does anyone know how to find a current price list for 2018 excursions? We're used to traveling Regent, which has mostly all inclusive excursions, so this is new for us.

This will be our first Silverseas cruise (South America - January 2018). I'm trying to figure out excursions. While I can find the list on the Silverseas website, there is no pricing. Does anyone know how to find a current price list for 2018 excursions? We're used to traveling Regent, which has mostly all inclusive excursions, so this is new for us.

Exclusions and Prices should appear online in your booking details at my.silversea.com though not bookable until 90 days out and up to 7 days before departure. After that you would need to book onboard.

Depending upon how intrepid you feel there is always the option to find a local tour agency, especially in well-touristed areas.

Pros - usually (much) cheaper, and can be tailored to your needs.

Cons - if you are late back to the ship, too bad - it will leave without you. You need to have a certain amount of faith in the unknown.

Whatever way you go - enjoy your cruise!!!

Prices appear 120 before the cruise in Mysilversea and you can start booking at 90 days out. This is the norm and you may find some variables of this format.
I agree completely.

One additional item, if you have the option to choose from any mid-voyage land adventures whereby you'll be away from the ship overnight, you'll need your TA to call SS for the price and booking. I don't believe the TA earns any additional commission unfortunately, but SS will charge you for your booking immediately and increase the charge of your insurance should you have bought any travel insurance for the voyage through SS to begin with.

Prices appear 120 before the cruise in Mysilversea and you can start booking at 90 days out. This is the norm and you may find some variables of this format.

As I re-call from our mid-June 2017 Silver Spirit sailing from Lisbon to Rouen/France, it was 120 days prior to the departure as to when we could start booking the dining reservation. For shore excursions, 60 days ahead was the earliest for such added details, pricing, etc., on the MySilversea web connection for us earlier this year. Even at that 60-day point for our cruise, all of the excursion options did not come up at that one point in time. It was maybe was a week or two later until ALL of these options were up and listed.

Much might depend as to where you are cruising. If, as example in the Caribbean or parts of the Med, where Silversea is constantly there, the cruise line knows their suppliers well and the potential offerings, pricing, etc. On our cruising, some of ports visited are not as frequently visited and it sometimes requires added work to get ALL of these various details finalized as to what will be offered, the costs, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 33,758 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Odd.

Mine is currently 221 days from sailing and the excursions and prices are already there.

Also a reservation that was made prior to this booking for the Caribbean sailing 2 days prior and hasnt been removed yet, also has all the excursions and prices listed.

It does state in both you cant book until 90 days prior to sailing (as stated in post 2), but they are most definitely there.

Maybe its dependant of the destination or ship? AFAICR, my March Carribean Sailing this year had the details listed were shown when we booked to. I cant remember for the Muse in June as there were zero I was interested in doing.

This is the Muse sailing we reserved in the Caribbean that hasn't been removed from my.silversea ... and as you can see the prices are there.

5f0ac895bbc04688844ea44cb4640956.jpg

This is the one we have booked.... prices shown

dc095c182e0f6ff6105e16c1bb5df8c4.jpg

Edited by les37b

I wonder if these general rules on timing apply to a unique itinerary. We are considering taking the 7/24/18 Silver Whisper cruise from Copenhagen to Stockholm, which is unique because it sails into the Gulf of Bothnia (Sweden & Finland) rather than the Gulf of Finland (St. Petersburg). The web site lists no tour prices, and lists excursions for only 3 of the 8 ports between Copenhagen and Srockholm: Ronne, Visby, and Turku. No tours (much less prices) are listed for 3 ports in Sweden (Borgholm, Lulea and Sundsvall) or two ports in Finland (Vaasa and Kemi). How are we supposed to decide on whether the cruise is worth the price, when we havbe no idea as to whether there will be excursions or how much they will cost?

Thanks for any info. J & J

I think I agree. It's all part and parcel of the deal and knowing if something you want to do is available and the cost is an important factor.

I think as Terry has said, SS sometimes list the exclusions in advance because it's a known location to cost easily which does make sense.

Personally I think it's all a matter of when someone gets round to it... but that's me being cynical. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
Odd.

Mine is currently 221 days from sailing and the excursions and prices are already there. ...

It does state in both you can't book until 90 days prior to sailing (as stated in post 2), but they are most definitely there.

Maybe its dependant of the destination or ship? AFAICR, my March Carribean Sailing this year had the details listed were shown when we booked to. I cant remember for the Muse in June as there were zero I was interested in doing.

This is the Muse sailing we reserved in the Caribbean that hasn't been removed from my.silversea ... and as you can see the prices are there.

5f0ac895bbc04688844ea44cb4640956.jpg

This is the one we have booked.... prices shown

dc095c182e0f6ff6105e16c1bb5df8c4.jpg

How do you even get to a list of excursions, much less prices? My booking (on the Silver Spirit, not the Whisper) shows the ports and the times onshore, but I can't find a listing of excursions. The public listing of the cruise on the Silversea web site shows possible excursions for only 3 of the 8 ports between Copenhagen and Stockholm.

How do you even get to a list of excursions, much less prices? My booking (on the Silver Spirit, not the Whisper) shows the ports and the times onshore, but I can't find a listing of excursions. The public listing of the cruise on the Silversea web site shows possible excursions for only 3 of the 8 ports between Copenhagen and Stockholm.

Are you able to book into my.silversea.com. ?

In your booking, look on the menu and select the last item “activities”

Inside you will see each port. Select “shore” to view excursions.

What is you’re cruise? How long to go? Silversea do change things, but most should be showing. All of mine be are there (approx 140 days to go) but I won’t be able to book until 90 days

Are you able to book into my.silversea.com. ?

In your booking, look on the menu and select the last item “activities”

Inside you will see each port. Select “shore” to view excursions.

What is you’re cruise? How long to go? Silversea do change things, but most should be showing. All of mine be are there (approx 140 days to go) but I won’t be able to book until 90 days

I guess this relates to the obscurity of the ports, at least while I'm still 261 days out. All I get is an error message saying that excursions can be booked 90 days out.

Unusual ports are why we booked the cruise to Denmark (D), Sweden (S) and Finland (F): Copenhagen D, Ronne D, Borgholm S, Visby S, Turku F, Vaasa F, Kemi F, Lulea S, Sundsvaal S, and Stockholm S. Of the ports between Copenhagen & Stockholm, only Ronne, Visby, and Turku show excursions for the general cruise listing. The other five ports will be visited by cruise ships 1 to 4 times in 2018, including the visit by the Silver Spirit.

Ok . It may be it’s too far out right now.

https://www.silversea.com/destinations/northern-europe-british-isles-cruise/copenhagen-to-stockholm-5819.html

I was able to view the excursions available though with the “excursions” link then drill into the port and view. Thing is, prices are fluid so I’m guessing they don’t put prices on the website ever and only on “my.silversea” when they are firmed up. One of my ports for next March still has nothing shown, though in their defence there was a port change just over a week ago. That said, the excursions for this port is on the general website, so I guess they are playing catch-up.

With 160 days before you can book, probably good to look at the port section on here or trip advisor and get to read a few reviews of the places on offer so when it comes around you can make an informed decision on what to book (and avoid.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk