Where to put your camera, money, and 'stuff' when doing a wet excursion?

musicmomma3

We are leaving for our first cruise in a few days and jet skiing at freeport. Where do you put your 'stuff' while you jet ski? I would love to have my good camera on the island, dry clothes, besides sunscreen and money. Do you just have to go back to the ship after to get those things? Are there lockers at port or where excursions start? Any suggestions if you have to bring everything with you? How wet would you get on a jet ski (never done it). tia!

What cruise line? What port?

This changes things.

For Royal Carib, on Cococay, there are lockers you can rent. And the rental is for one locker at a time, but you can change which locker (to all over the island) as you move from one activity to another.

And on the lines private island, you will not need money.

Basically, you are on your own.

You can either 'trust" your fellow cruisers you are on the excursion with, "trust" family members you are with, or leave your stuff on the ship locked inside the cabin.

I don't think I've ever seen lockers.

What have we done during our past 14 cruises.

Either found somebody I "trusted", or made sure that what we brought with, be it cash, ID's, cheap camera,,, it was all something we could live without if it got lost, misplaced, or stolen.

Or,,, sometimes we switch off. My time to do an excursion while she watches our stuff, then she goes and does something.

We are leaving for our first cruise in a few days and jet skiing at freeport. Where do you put your 'stuff' while you jet ski? I would love to have my good camera on the island, dry clothes, besides sunscreen and money. Do you just have to go back to the ship after to get those things? Are there lockers at port or where excursions start? Any suggestions if you have to bring everything with you? How wet would you get on a jet ski (never done it). tia!

If you'll feel most comfortable holding onto your "stuff" during a "wet" tour, keep it to a minimum (ship ID and a few dollar - both items not affected by water) and put them in a zipped pocket in your swim suit.

Absolutely want to take pix? Get a more recent iPhone (7 or later) and invest in a waterproof diving wallet (plastic case with gaskets), which you can wear around your waist.

Also,, get a "floatie" strap for your sunglasses.

Both the wallet and strap can be found in any dive shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you'll feel most comfortable holding onto your "stuff" during a "wet" tour, keep it to a minimum (ship ID and a few dollar - both items not affected by water) and put them in a zipped pocket in your swim suit.

Absolutely want to take pix? Get a more recent iPhone (7 or later) and invest in a waterproof diving wallet (plastic case with gaskets), which you can wear around your waist.

Also,, get a "floatie" strap for your sunglasses.

Both the wallet and strap can be found in any dive shop.

Whatever you do take in the ocean...don’t forget to rinse with fresh water afterwards. Salt water is harsh on anything metal, such as that which sunglasses have on the hinges even if they’re plastic.

I picked up a Canon D30 camera. Waterproof to 82 feet, shockproof, and small.

Also, a water proof wait pouch. It has double zippers (like zip lock bag zippers) and then the top folds. It will keep things dry.

Your ship's key, credit card and even cash CAN GET WET! Slip them in a velcro pocket on your swim trunks, if you're a man. Don't bring a bunch of expensive stuff on wet excursions!! Your towel, and shorts/tee, etc...will be fine on shore at the jet ski rental area.

We always take a backpack into ports with sunscreen, dry clothes, towels etc. much easier to carry wet towels back in the backpack.

Every Excursion is different and run by different operators but in general I would trust they have an area you could leave dry clothes, towels, sunscreen etc. Not sure I would leave an expensive Camera though. Maybe take a cheap camera and leave it.

For guys I always wear a swimsuit with a zipper pocket and keep some cash, CC and ship sea pass with me.

For a jet ski excursion I would suggest you get get a decent fanny pack that will secure on your waist and buy a waterproof pouch to put needed valuable items in it.

You might even skip a fanny pack just get a small waterproof pouch and tuck it in your suit under the life vest.

Local Dive shops at home have all of this.

For a first cruiser my tip of the day is take a few can or bottle koozy’s if you drink beer at pool or the beach.

Cold beer is better.

This is an option:

https://www.amazon.com/CoolBag-Locking-Anti-Theft-Insulated-Compartment/dp/B01FQ19NK0

We have a gen2 coolbag and we love it for beach days. I dont think I would leave it unattended long and far as a jetski trip might take me. We did jetskis at grand cayman once and only took what wouldnt get destroyed by water. The skiis have a gear box, but that wont stay dry if you flip the skii. We just take 1 phone (either my hubbys waterproof one or mine in a waterproof arm band case) plus our gopro on a floaty stick. Cards and money can be kept in a secure swim trunks pocket or in the waterproof arm band case. These are must less annoying than a neck lanyard FYI.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app