QM2 M847B 26 NIGHTS Caribbean 15th Dec - 2018

Happyholidayer

Lots of decorations. I've only ever boarded in Brooklyn for the middle 12 days but I'm sure the decorating is largely done before your embarkation date. One exception is the gingerbread village on deck 3 midships which grows right up until the 25th. Well have the standard Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Years Eve entertainments throughout the ship, such as carols, "snow" in the Grand Lobby, a visit from Santa/Father Christmas, Christmas Crackers, hats & noisemakers for New Years (lots of celebrating at midnight Europe time and again at midnight London time), the list goes on.

The nightly entertainment isn't holiday themed for the most part, although a featured guest singer might have a carol or two in her repertoire. I think one or two of the onboard movies have a holiday theme (example: Polar Express).

Lots of decorations. I've only ever boarded in Brooklyn for the middle 12 days but I'm sure the decorating is largely done before your embarkation date. One exception is the gingerbread village on deck 3 midships which grows right up until the 25th. Well have the standard Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Years Eve entertainments throughout the ship, such as carols, "snow" in the Grand Lobby, a visit from Santa/Father Christmas, Christmas Crackers, hats & noisemakers for New Years (lots of celebrating at midnight Europe time and again at midnight London time), the list goes on.

The nightly entertainment isn't holiday themed for the most part, although a featured guest singer might have a carol or two in her repertoire. I think one or two of the onboard movies have a holiday theme (example: Polar Express).

Thanks for the reply

Are there many families on board.

Thanks for the reply

Are there many families on board.

I am going to be onboard so I will be sparkling in my glitzy gowns. [emoji1]

The Decorations are usually put up on all three Queens by a company who come onboard around the 3rd December. It takes them around a week to decorate each ship.

Looking forward to seeing old friends onboard.f6f62fed5b60ac44e3acb9f3ab906c4e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did this voyage a few years ago. There was a special Christmas show in the Royal Court Theater on Christmas Eve. I dislike the song the "12 days of Christmas" but they had an absolutely wonderful arrangement of the song. Also they danced to " The Christmas Waltz" I also remember the cruise director reading "The Night Before Christmas." Also many religious services late at night.......We learned that Santa visits the children at sea on Christmas morning -there were various announcements of seeing him off in the distance and getting closer and finally landing on the ship. Santa and the children then marched thru the ship with a small band - I was positioned in the Kings Court. They made their way down to the ballroom where Santa and helpers gave out nice age appropriate gifts for the kids. I tried to pass as a 12 year old, but failed - Santa just too smart. There were many more children on board than usual, but all were very well behaved. It was also a great New Year's Eve, with the band, balloon drop, champagne at midnight. The whole thing was just great, a marvelous way to celebrate the holidays. I would like to repeat the voyage someday but I am on the lst segment this year , Southampton to NY thanks to a great promotion one weekend with only a 20% single supplement off an already greatly reduced fare and a $267 airfare JFK to Heathrow. Have a wonderful time.................

I did this voyage a few years ago. There was a special Christmas show in the Royal Court Theater on Christmas Eve. I dislike the song the "12 days of Christmas" but they had an absolutely wonderful arrangement of the song. Also they danced to " The Christmas Waltz" I also remember the cruise director reading "The Night Before Christmas." Also many religious services late at night.......We learned that Santa visits the children at sea on Christmas morning -there were various announcements of seeing him off in the distance and getting closer and finally landing on the ship. Santa and the children then marched thru the ship with a small band - I was positioned in the Kings Court. They made their way down to the ballroom where Santa and helpers gave out nice age appropriate gifts for the kids. I tried to pass as a 12 year old, but failed - Santa just too smart. There were many more children on board than usual, but all were very well behaved. It was also a great New Year's Eve, with the band, balloon drop, champagne at midnight. The whole thing was just great, a marvelous way to celebrate the holidays. I would like to repeat the voyage someday but I am on the lst segment this year , Southampton to NY thanks to a great promotion one weekend with only a 20% single supplement off an already greatly reduced fare and a $267 airfare JFK to Heathrow. Have a wonderful time.................

It will be interesting how the ship dynamics change - I have only done a transatlantic without any children just a couple of babies.

All sounds good fun!

:)Does anyone know when the Christmas decorations are taken down ? we will be boarding QM2 on 2nd Jan 2018 and wondered if they will still be up.

The one time I was on the QM2 for the Christmas cruise, the big Christmas tree and associated decorations in the center of the grand lobby were taken down during the day on 31st December to make room for a New Year's Eve balloon drop that took place there. Other Christmas decorations were taken down starting on 1st January. Sorry to say, I expect there will probably be few if any Christmas decorations left when you board.

P.S., I imagine you actually meant you will be boarding QM2 on 3rd January 2018 (in New York), correct?

Regards, John

The one time I was on the QM2 for the Christmas cruise, the big Christmas tree and associated decorations in the center of the grand lobby were taken down during the day on 31st December to make room for a New Year's Eve balloon drop that took place there. Other Christmas decorations were taken down starting on 1st January. Sorry to say, I expect there will probably be few if any Christmas decorations left when you board.

P.S., I imagine you actually meant you will be boarding QM2 on 3rd January 2018 (in New York), correct?

Regards, John

I wonder if taking the decorations down before the 6th Is that a homage to the old wives tale that anything left up after Jan 6th stays up till Easter? And yeah it is Jan 3rd 2018 I am on it.

And we wil be in St Thomas on the 26th :cool: Trust me on this.

They sort of said this would happen. With the news of the other ships now calling on St. Thomas I figured it was just a matter of time before they announced a decision like this.

I just noticed the itinerary for voyage M801 on "cunard.com" has now been updated to include St Thomas on December 26. All the best for those of you on this year's QM2 Christmas cruise.

Regards, John