Ship in port until 10 pm, what to do?

Bahama Mama 40

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you!

Can I just check about the monument board?

I am not sure what you are asking.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

My apologies for not replying earlier. From your earlier post

The Synagogue, Maritime museum in Scharloo and Slavery museum are all good IMO. We are waiting for our friend to visit in June to go back to all these places. There is a new info board right before you cross the Queen Emma floating bridge that shows all the buildings you should see (the picture I took of it came out blurry!).

Apologies again if I've missed this.

Pictures for the self guided Otrobanda walking tour -

Bup-

Any ideas on how long the east and west walking tour would take? My wife and I are on the island from 8am - 8pm. I'm thinking about doing the walking tour and shops in the AM, hitting Mambo beach in the afternoon. Any suggestions for lunch or 5:00 cocktails and apps?

Bup-

Any ideas on how long the east and west walking tour would take? My wife and I are on the island from 8am - 8pm. I'm thinking about doing the walking tour and shops in the AM, hitting Mambo beach in the afternoon. Any suggestions for lunch or 5:00 cocktails and apps?

Wattsj.m we can spend all day in Punda and Otrobanda lol.

Hit the things that interest you, for local food, go to lunch at Plasa Bieu ( now in the new market) , then taxi it to Mambo beach after lunch.

Tons of restaurants at Mambo to enjoy a cocktail or beach bars too.

• 3 weeks later...

Will be visiting again, this time with friends that have never been. Can anyone give me some information about a taxi to the Curacao factory and how much it may cost for four people? Are there stores around the port area that sell Curacao, or the glacial products?

bup1224, what will we be able to do in Curacao on Christmas Day?
Beaches are always open! It's a national holiday here so most everything in Punda will be closed.

Restaurants usually have special holiday menu and reservations are required for most.

The holiday decor in Punda and Otrobanda is amazing!

Hope this helps!

Bup1224, I’ve been to Curaçao several times and have done island tour, sea aquarium, walked thru town and over floating bridge and been to Playa Porto Marie which has some fantastic snorkeling. My question is where else can I go for a great beach with the amenities as Porto Marie without the long distance?

Bup1224, I’ve been to Curaçao several times and have done island tour, sea aquarium, walked thru town and over floating bridge and been to Playa Porto Marie which has some fantastic snorkeling. My question is where else can I go for a great beach with the amenities as Porto Marie without the long distance?
I would say Mambo beach but the snorkeling is not as good as Porto Mari.

Check out Kokomo and also maybe Blue Bay.

You can also consider a day pass at the Hilton Curacao if you want a resort type experience. When we stayed there on a vacation last year, the snorkeling was good.

I would say Mambo beach but the snorkeling is not as good as Porto Mari.

Check out Kokomo and also maybe Blue Bay.

You can also consider a day pass at the Hilton Curacao if you want a resort type experience. When we stayed there on a vacation last year, the snorkeling was good.

Thanks for the feedback.

What is the distance to Blue Bay and Kokomo? Does Blue Bay have a fee to use? Is it closer than Porto Mari? Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the feedback.

What is the distance to Blue Bay and Kokomo? Does Blue Bay have a fee to use? Is it closer than Porto Mari? Thanks for your help.

Blue Bay is much closer than Porto Mari, Kokomo is a few minutes further than Blue Bay. The entrance fee in US dollars is approx. $8.00 per adult and $4.00 per child.

Blue Bay is a bigger beach area than Kokomo.

Here is the beach info site for Blue Bay.

https://www.bluebay-curacao.com/activities/beach

Does anyone know if there any convenience stores or liquor stores close to the port? We need to pick up drinks and snacks before our boat tour. TIA

Sent from my PH-1 using Forums mobile app

In the Rif Fort, which is a 5 minute walk or so from the port, there is a convenience store called Grab & Go on the right side just past the Burger Bar. The posted hours they are open is 9 am to 7 pm.

In the Rif Fort, which is a 5 minute walk or so from the port, there is a convenience store called Grab & Go on the right side just past the Burger Bar. The posted hours they are open is 9 am to 7 pm.

Thank you! That's perfect.

Sent from my PH-1 using Forums mobile app

Blue Bay is much closer than Porto Mari, Kokomo is a few minutes further than Blue Bay. The entrance fee in US dollars is approx. $8.00 per adult and $4.00 per child.

Thanks so much for the info.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/26/2018 at 2:31 PM, bup1224 said:

Bup1224- What would be your recommendations for a family of 4, our children will be 10 and 3 1/2 at the time of us visiting. We will be there from 9am until 10pm. We LOVE the beach, but also would like to sight see some and show the kids some neat things that the island has to offer. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 5:29 PM, linzlovestocruise said:

Bup1224- What would be your recommendations for a family of 4, our children will be 10 and 3 1/2 at the time of us visiting. We will be there from 9am until 10pm. We LOVE the beach, but also would like to sight see some and show the kids some neat things that the island has to offer. 

An excursion with a beach stop might be good for you. A walk through Punda is always on my list of recommendations 

We will be in port from 1:30 pm until 10:30 pm. I booked a private island tour for the 3 of us through Viator. When you sign up, they email you a coupon. Saved us $36.  (3 adults). We have 4 hours to do whatever we'd like. We want to see the ostrich farm, Curacao distillery and not sure what else. I'm trying to decide if we want to snorkel with the turtles or just make this a land stop. I'd like to see blowholes, maybe the cave. We would like to shop a bit, but don't want to push the tour to start later as the ostrich farm & distillery close at 4:00 & 5:00. Hopefully there will be a few shops open after 6:00 or along the way back to the ship. We could figure that into the tour also I guess.

bup1224: You mentioned restaurants in the Water Arches area. If we have the tour drop us off there, is it far back to the ship? Can we walk back ? For good seafood, pastas, local dishes which is your favorite? (Perla Del Mar, Scampis, or Dal Toro). Any of those have a good view or atmosphere too?   Also....the Curcacao and Dushi signs......what does Dushi mean?