Dress code and a spa question for Viking Star

G. GIRL

Hi,

When they refer to a ‘collard shirt’ for men does this include Polo shirts?

With regard to the spa, do they have nail salon that provides a gel polish infill service?

Thanks

( I received my pre cruise pack yesterday and I don’t know if I’m excited or having a little panic ! )

Yes, polo shirts are fine and many men wear them in the dining rooms. The nail salon is full service.

They aren't quite full-service because they do not do acrylics of any kind. A year ago Viking shared the list of services in another post. BTW, the prices quoted include a 15% gratuity.

A collared shirt is pretty much anything that isn't a T-shirt (or tank).

They aren't quite full-service because they do not do acrylics of any kind. A year ago Viking shared the list of services in another post. BTW, the prices quoted include a 15% gratuity.

A collared shirt is pretty much anything that isn't a T-shirt (or tank).

Thanks so much for the salon link.

I am getting a regular French nail manicure on Sat, but I will be on a 15 day cruise three days later, so I will use the salon! I do not like gel polish.

Hi,

When they refer to a ‘collard shirt’ for men does this include Polo shirts?

With regard to the spa, do they have nail salon that provides a gel polish infill service?

Thanks

( I received my pre cruise pack yesterday and I don’t know if I’m excited or having a little panic ! )

Yes on the collared shirt...polo ("golf") shirt will do.

I do not know about your spa question as I did not use.

Thanks for your replies.

I have another question about the tags for the suitcases that have your stateroom number on. Do you attach them before you fly or put them on when you pick up your luggage off the carrousel?

Thanks

Thanks for your replies.

I have another question about the tags for the suitcases that have your stateroom number on. Do you attach them before you fly or put them on when you pick up your luggage off the carrousel?

Thanks

When you get them off the carousel because 1) they can get torn off in transit and 2) because they contain too much personal information.

• 1 month later...
Would you say the spa/salon services are fairly reasonable, or more along the lines of "outrageous". lol

They’re on the very high side of reasonable, or the low side of outrageous, I guess, depending on how much you need or want the service! I found price lists on line for all of the basic spa treatments, and when I had a massage on a recent (January 2018) cruise, the online prices were pretty close to what I found onboard. (About 40% higher than the prices I pay on land.). I will say that it was totally worth it - one of the top 5 massages I’ve had in my entire life. I didn’t use the nail or hair services, but I heard many people raving about them, in spite of the prices.

• 4 months later...
Thanks for your replies.

Thanks

When we did our first cruise with Viking, they said put the tags on once we got our bags off the carousel; they are to get you to the hotel correctly

It's going to be our first Viking ocean cruise, but not our first ever ocean cruise. We are going to attach the cruise bag tags at the airport when we get our bags ready for the transport to the ship. I'd hate them to go missing during the airport handling procedures, which is always a risk.

We're going to put the lovely red leather ones on our bags for in the airplane cabin, that way, if our little red Viking stickers come off, at least that's another way that the Viking rep might notice us. Also, we're going to put our spare ship bag tags folded inside the red leather Viking ones, with simply a note of our mobile numbers.