Oceanview Cat 4 or 5 on MSC Orchestra

jjnv

Hi,

I got a group rate for Cat 4-5 that is $300/cabin more than Cat 1-3. I just checked the deck plan and found Cat 4 rooms on the lowest floor. Is it dark there?

Cat 5 rooms seems to open to the deck where the life boats are. If people walk by there all the time, there is no point having a window.

Has any one stayed in one of the Oceanview rooms?

The next bracket 6-7 is $300 more than cat 4-5.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Jane

When are you planning on going? We have a cat 4 on the pianaforte deck where the main lobby is. We usually get an inside room, but the price on the oceanview was too good to not pass up. I got seasick too, so I'm hoping being at this level will help.

Hi, I am planning on April 4-11, 2009.

Do you know what is cross the hallway from your room on Deck 5? It seems to be divided to cabins, but not listed as cabins.

My TA says it is storage cross the hallway. Do they just name the lowest deck deck 5? Are there actually Deck 1-4?

We took the Disney cruise once and was on Deck 1 Ocean view. It is kinda dark and gloomy there. We were on 3 day cruise though so we were rarely "home". It is easy to get off the boat. I hope this Deck 5 is not that low.

My TA says it is storage cross the hallway. Do they just name the lowest deck deck 5? Are there actually Deck 1-4?

Hi,

I can't answer your question properly as I haven't been on the Orchestra. However I have been on the Lirica and can tell you that although deck 5 is the lowest shown on the deck plans, there are lower decks.

When the ship docks, the entrance/exit is on deck 5 with a stairway. Next to this you will see a lower gangway exit from further down the ship. We had to use this once as they had already retracted the stairway when we returned to the ship. It took us into the crew's quarters. I can't remember which number deck it was, we just took the lift up to to our deck.

I should imagine the Orchestra is the same.

Thanks! I just checked the Disney cruise deck plan and found that their lobby is on Deck 3. So Deck 1 and 2 is darker with nothing opens to the outside. I think Deck 5 on Orchestra should be better.

Archived