2017 Brides!

BimTheDuck

I'm a 2017 BRIDE!!

We are getting married on January 7, 2017 on the Carnival Elation for 4 nights out of Jacksonville, FL to Freeport and Nassau. We have invited around 80 people but expect 30-35. So far 13 have booked their cabins. :)

I have already sent out the save the dates and we ended up ordering our invitations shortly after Christmas through Zazzle. I couldn't pass up 60% off!

5B26B48B-3523-4B84-96BB-956471161E26.jpg.d589e7fb035a3e130205a547e11719ee.jpg

very pretty Save The Date!

You are having way better luck than me getting people to actually book right away, I need your secret hahahaha.

I'm a 2017 BRIDE!!

We are getting married on January 7, 2017 on the Carnival Elation for 4 nights out of Jacksonville, FL to Freeport and Nassau. We have invited around 80 people but expect 30-35. So far 13 have booked their cabins. :)

I have already sent out the save the dates and we ended up ordering our invitations shortly after Christmas through Zazzle. I couldn't pass up 60% off!

very pretty Save The Date!

You are having way better luck than me getting people to actually book right away, I need your secret hahahaha.

The day that I booked, I sent out an email to a select group stating that the early saver discount would end that night and it actually forced 10 people to book. I was shocked!!! I've been informing other guests who I know are budget conscious that the price will go up again at the end of the month. I think come Feb 1st, the price will stay the same or decrease. One can only hope!

Hi ladies,

Getting married in Feb 2017 and I am torn as to which cruise line works for us. We are between NCL, RCCL and Carnival. 3 day destination wedding in the Bahamas. Strangely enough, RCCL seems to be the only cruise line that offered professional make up but also seems to be the most expensive one out of the 3. RCCL also has a promotion going on that will grant you a free hour of DJ services if you book before the end of the week. Pressure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi ladies,

Getting married in Feb 2017 and I am torn as to which cruise line works for us. We are between NCL, RCCL and Carnival. 3 day destination wedding in the Bahamas. Strangely enough, RCCL seems to be the only cruise line that offered professional make up but also seems to be the most expensive one out of the 3. RCCL also has a promotion going on that will grant you a free hour of DJ services if you book before the end of the week. Pressure!!

I originally looked at RCC and it was going to be way more than I expected to spend. I liked how the package was for 50 people but it didn't really include anything. I feel Carnival offered more within our budget and that's what we chose with. It's going to cost our guests $259 for the cabin for a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas. We aren't going to be on the boat that much so I couldn't justify the splurge. Congrats and happy planning!

Makeese, I definitely agree. The RCCL package doesn't really include much. I guess it had me stuck because of make up since I am terrible at it. I do have some time to learn though! I liked the carnival package a lot and the representative was kind enough to answer all of my silly questions with patience. You mentioned that you and your party won't be on the ship much so I am guessing that you did not book a reception? Also, are you getting married at port? Thanks and congrats !

Edited by Cruise_Bride17

Makeese, I definitely agree. The RCCL package doesn't really include much. I guess it had me stuck because of make up since I am terrible at it. I do have some time to learn though! I liked the carnival package a lot and the representative was kind enough to answer all of my silly questions with patience. You mentioned that you and your party won't be on the ship much so I am guessing that you did not book a reception? Also, are you getting married at port? Thanks and congrats !

We are leaving out of Jacksonville and the first day we are at Freeport. Second day we are in Nassau which is where we are getting married. We are getting married on the boat and having an hour reception. After that, we'll get off the boat to do some sightseeing. And one day at sea so I looked at it as nights and one day at sea so having my guests spend more for a cabin when we wont be on the boat as much. Carnival told me there is a salon onboard and out have to make your appointment on the day of embarkment. I'm going to try to perfect my hair and makeup (we have a year) but worse for worse, I'll let someone else do it aka the cruise. Do you plan to do a beach ceremony?

Why not have a makeup artist do your makeup that morning before you board the ship. If you do a makeup trial before hand you could just purchase the little items that your makeup artist will use that you will need to touch up throughout the day like powder and lipstick that way you could get your make up done that morning and just touch it up yourself.

You could even bring your makeup artist with you on board as a non sailing guest. Another option is if you have a friend or family member attending the wedding that is good at makeup, I'm sure they would love to help you out in that way, maybe even as a wedding gift.

Hi BimTheDuck,

Those are all great ideas! The ceremony is going to take place on the beach in the Bahamas which is a day or two after we board (have to check the itinerary again!) so that won't be an option for me. None of the people attending are big make up fans so I think my best option is to just take these 12 months that I have left and start learning how to apply my own make up! It's about time lol. I really don't want to be caked up anyway since we will be under the sun.

oh yes, and since you're getting married in February it wont be sweltering hot so you wont have to worry about sweating or your makeup melting off. I have found that YouTube is a great resource for makeup tutorials. Practice makes perfect so I'm sure you will look BEAUTIFUL!!! And I'm with you on the cakey makeup, more natural looking makeup on brides looks classic and timeless, plus you want your hubby to recognize the person walking down the aisle;)

I want to try to do my own hair for the big day so I will need to practice as well. Good Luck to us both Cruise_Bride17!

Hi BimTheDuck,

Those are all great ideas! The ceremony is going to take place on the beach in the Bahamas which is a day or two after we board (have to check the itinerary again!) so that won't be an option for me. None of the people attending are big make up fans so I think my best option is to just take these 12 months that I have left and start learning how to apply my own make up! It's about time lol. I really don't want to be caked up anyway since we will be under the sun.

Why not have a makeup artist do your makeup that morning before you board the ship. If you do a makeup trial before hand you could just purchase the little items that your makeup artist will use that you will need to touch up throughout the day like powder and lipstick that way you could get your make up done that morning and just touch it up yourself.

You could even bring your makeup artist with you on board as a non sailing guest. Another option is if you have a friend or family member attending the wedding that is good at makeup, I'm sure they would love to help you out in that way, maybe even as a wedding gift.

We aren't getting married on embarkment day so I'm hoping a family or friend would do it. I did have someone but now she can't go to the wedding. Once we finalize our guest list, hopefully those I have in mind end up going. :)

And the stressors begin... We sent out invites (instead of save the dates) a week ago for our February 2017 wedding and already have been having to deal with issues! Haha for some reason our wedding website only works if you type in address with all lowercase letters (go figure) and apparently our first deposit date is in two weeks! I'm waiting to hear if I can get that extended a bit. I set up a group on fb to try to get everyone's questions answered in one spot, we don't have direct access to updating our website so this is easier.

After picking a venue and looking over our budget, going to wedding expo's, stressing all the details... we decided to go with a Carnival wedding!

My fiance proposed August 2015 (my birthday) on the carnival sensation. We figured we love cruising, the price is right and why not have a long celebration!

We have already booked the Carnival Vista on January 22, 2017 and will be changing it to our wedding cruise! :D

After picking a venue and looking over our budget, going to wedding expo's, stressing all the details... we decided to go with a Carnival wedding!

My fiance proposed August 2015 (my birthday) on the carnival sensation. We figured we love cruising, the price is right and why not have a long celebration!

We have already booked the Carnival Vista on January 22, 2017 and will be changing it to our wedding cruise! :D

Congrats on booking the wedding! Can't imagine a more stress free option.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, My name is Jan and we are planning a July 9th, 6 day cruise out of Miami, on the Vista. We do not have the cruise booked nor do we have the wedding booked. I am wanting the wedding to take place the day we set sail in Miami because I do have family that will no be cruising. I want to go ahead and book now because I am so worried (yes I am the worrier) that locations will not be available or the cruise could be booked; my fiancé wants to wait until July 2016 to book (no, he worries about nothing). Just kinda freaking out how it all comes together.

Oh, I am the mother of 3 (19,18 and 17), they will be giving me away:). Very happy I found this board, it makes it very very real

I would not wait to book your wedding Jan. I called Friday and reserved the last spot for our ceremony in Jamaica for our January 22, 2017 Vista cruise. We wanted to do in in Miami but it was already booked 11 months out.

Edited by genovesemylove

Woohoo - we now have about half of our invited guests who have booked their cabins! We're still missing some fairly major people for the wedding (my maid of honor, the best man, and one of my sisters), but I'm really happy we have this many people this early.

Hi everyone! Big question: we've just decided to get married (yay!) on a Carnival cruise later next year - possibly around September or later. How early did you start planning your weddings? Am I already behind? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi everyone. I'm an Oct 2017 bride. We're booked along with our kids, my fiance's mother, sister, brother in law already! 598 days to wait! We're sailing on the Pride out of Baltimore and getting married on the beach in Grand Turk. Since this is our second marriage, we are doing everything very low key. We weren't even going to invite anyone but we set up a website sharing our plans and sent it to our very close friends and family.

Congratulations to you all!

Hi everyone! Big question: we've just decided to get married (yay!) on a Carnival cruise later next year - possibly around September or later. How early did you start planning your weddings? Am I already behind? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Depending on how big you're wanting to go, you shouldn't be that far behind! My fiance and I booked our wedding at the end of December 2015, and won't be married until May 2017. I don't believe there's anyone else who has yet scheduled their weddings for our sailing, either. Other than a lot of paperwork to fill out, we don't really have all that much to do for our wedding at this point. We have to buy our attire, and our wedding party needs to do the same, but other than that (and saving money!) we don't have a lot to do for the actual wedding for several months.

You should have plenty of time. If you have your hearts set on a particular date, ship, or location, I would recommend booking sooner rather than later to guarantee your spot.

Hello everyone!

I just got engaged on Monday and am soooo excited to book our 2017 cruise wedding!! We are hoping to book within the next couple weeks. We are going with a carnival cruise & shooting for a February 27th departure date. Cant wait to be able to book & be relieved of the stress of securing the cruise we want! lol congrats to all the 2017 brides!