Multi-Day Excursion - Queenstown - Milford/Dunedin Milford Sound Celebrity Solstice

rhb213

Has anyone done the 2 day shore excursion on Celebrity Solstice to: Multi-Day Adventures - Queenstown - Milford/Dunedin (Double Occupancy)

Milford Sound, New Zealand

If you have would you please what you thought of the excursion and if it was worth the price. Thanks

Shame you haven't had more replies on this. We were on the Solstice in Nov/Dec. Didn't do the excursion because we are from NZ and have seen Queenstown and the country on the way to Dunedin. We did meet several passangers who had booked the excursion and were wondering whether it would be worth the money. Our view was that if you are unlikely to return to NZ then you should do the excursion. I didn't hear any negative reports from those who did it - accommodation was apparently good as were tour guides; days were very full. Enjoy this wonderful country and itinerary.

• 5 months later...
Has anyone done the 2 day shore excursion on Celebrity Solstice to: Multi-Day Adventures - Queenstown - Milford/Dunedin (Double Occupancy)

If you have would you please what you thought of the excursion and if it was worth the price. Thanks

Did you go on this tour? What did you think?

Shame you haven't had more replies on this. We were on the Solstice in Nov/Dec. Didn't do the excursion because we are from NZ and have seen Queenstown and the country on the way to Dunedin. We did meet several passangers who had booked the excursion and were wondering whether it would be worth the money. Our view was that if you are unlikely to return to NZ then you should do the excursion. I didn't hear any negative reports from those who did it - accommodation was apparently good as were tour guides; days were very full. Enjoy this wonderful country and itinerary.

If you can afford the time, the South Island New Zealand is a magic place.I would recommend exploring the south Island for a week or so on your own at your own pace.

Hi we were on Ovation of the Seas in January and took the two day excursion from Dunedin, overnight in Queenstown and rejoined the ship in Milford Sound. We loved this excursion. My husband had not been to New Zealand in the past and I wanted him to have more than the glimpse of N Z. I am sure the Celebrity Excursion will be very similar to the RC one. This was the highlight of our cruise. Great itinerary, excellent tour guide, great accommodation in Queenstown, good food and lots of photo opportunities. Yes it is expensive however we felt it was worth every cent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you can afford the time, the South Island New Zealand is a magic place.I would recommend exploring the south Island for a week or so on your own at your own pace.

This is what we are doing ahead of our Jan 2019 cruise AKL-SYD. Thanks to input from the good folks on here, it will be a wonderful experience Christchurch/Mt Cook/Queenstown/Te Anau/Wanaka/Franz Josef/Greymouth/Westport/Nelson/Picton. We will be at Akoroa/Dunedin/Fiordland on the cruise part of our trip.

On the specific ship tour Dunedin/Queenstown/Milford, we have never done it, but i have only ever heard good things about it. Many say it's expensive, but say that it was worth every cent.

I haven't done the excursion but I have done the route when touring ourselves and it is beautiful country. We may have done it over a week but the shorex is two days and covers your transport and accommodation as well, so may well be a cheaper and easier way for visitors with time constraints.