Latest Splendor Collision-with photos!

Wanna_Cruize

Live aboard the Splendor, which has had yet another collision in Mexico - this time with a pier jetty - We're sitting here for a second day in Puerto Vallarta, because the repairs are 'taking a little longer than anticipated'. We decided to see what Splendor had hit - see links below, since the photos are too large:

http://picasaweb.google.com/WannaCruize/20091217#5416240010219435010

We're off to see if we can get photos of the damage to Splendor, since a picture is worth a thousand words.

Live aboard the Splendor, which has had yet another collision in Mexico - this time with a pier jetty - We're sitting here for a second day in Puerto Vallarta, because the repairs are 'taking a little longer than anticipated'. We decided to see what Splendor had hit - see links below, since the photos are too large:

We're off to see if we can get photos of the damage to Splendor, since a picture is worth a thousand words.

Dang it can't get the pictures up on my work computer have to wait until I get home.

of course the repairs are taking a little longer than anticipated, they are trying to figure out how to remove the part of the dock from the side of the ship.

In the first letter from the captian he said it was a little damage,

I would hate to see what he call a lot of damage!

I wonder if when they hit he yelled "Gilligannnn"

LOL! Took a little chunk out of that dock:D

LOl! If it was just a tap they would be in Mazatlan by now;)

Crazy. Almost looks like a shark attacked the pier. Were they filming Jaws 5? The captain may need someone else to blame this on. He needs the 1 800 ASK GARY law firm (at least that is one advertised heavily here in Florida).

Dang it can't get the pictures up on my work computer have to wait until I get home.

Out of curiosity, I went to the RCCL board and sure enough... you posted about Splendor over there AGAIN. You sure are obsessed with this ship! Considering the fact that you are cruising on the Mariner next year, it seems odd you continue to show up on a lot of threads concerning Splendor.

Ror the record... we just sailed her last week and did not witness or hear of any "problems." The cruise was great.

Shame you could not use your work computer to see the pix. :rolleyes:

We were in PV on the Radiance last month when we got hit by the Splendor

That ended with the Captain having chest pains a being transported to the hospital

So this must be a new captain I dont understand the pilot is guiding them and they have the prime docking area of all the cruise lines Maybe that ship is jinxed

Good grief!!!!! I'm going on the Splendor 1/31/10, now I'm a little worried about the driving skills of the Captain. LOL of course the guys at the pier might be a little worried too!

Dont worry about the driving skills of the Capitain...he only 'drives the ship' in open waters...its the local pilot who drives into and out of port...

(because they are familiar with the local waters...lol--perhaps an updated map would help--lol) ;)

~~Edited to say... POSTING FROM WORK COMPUTER ;)

Out of curiosity, I went to the RCCL board and sure enough... you posted about Splendor over there AGAIN. You sure are obsessed with this ship! Considering the fact that you are cruising on the Mariner next year, it seems odd you continue to show up on a lot of threads concerning Splendor.

Ror the record... we just sailed her last week and did not witness or hear of any "problems." The cruise was great.

Oh so what, what's your problem, didn't have your breakfast this morning!

Oh and you are right I am "obsessed" with this ship as SHE KEEPS HAVING ACCIDENTS LOL!

BTW, I'm able to see pix on my other computer.

Sorry about "bashing" (oh wait, she does that herself) your precious Splendor LOL!

Direct from Carnival:

STATEMENT REGARDING CARNIVAL SPLENDOR IN PUERTO VALLARTA

December 17, 2009 – 9 a.m. (EST)

Yesterday morning, at approximately 7:40 a.m., while the Carnival Splendor was maneuvering in the Puerto Vallarta harbor, the ship’s stern struck the tender pier causing some damage to its stern and to that pier. All appropriate authorities were notified.

The Carnival Splendor remained docked in Puerto Vallarta overnight while the repairs were completed. Unfortunately because of the delayed departure from Puerto Vallarta, today’s scheduled call at Matazlan has been cancelled.

The vessel is now expected to depart Puerto Vallarta this afternoon at 3:30 p.m. and will proceed to its next scheduled port of call, Cabo San Lucas, tomorrow.

Carnival Splendor is based in Long Beach, Calif., and operates year-round seven-day cruises to the Mexican Riviera.

We sincerely apologize for the missed call in Mazatlan and this disruption to our guests’ vacation plans.

I don't know why people insist on this falsehood. A harbor pilot does not touch the controls, he only gives navigational orders.

True. The pilot actually sits there with his coffee and danish and says "that's good, swing her around. OH CHIT":D

Archived