Platinum?

gamecockinnc

My husband, myself and our three sons are sailing on the Magic over Christmas. We have connecting cabins. I am platinum. Everyone else is gold almost platinum. Because our sons are not 21 when we booked we officially put my husband and our eldest son in one cabin and myself with our other 2 sons in the connecting cabin.

Our two teens sleep in one cabin and my husband and I are in the connecting cabin with our 6 year old late in life gift.

Sometimes once we are on board we have the sail and sign cards changed but usually we don’t bother and leave the connecting door open so everyone can always access both cabins.

Clear as mud right? [emoji51]

Since I am the only one that is platinum my cabins luggage tags show priority. I am assuming there is no way to have both cabins tags show priority? When I pack I don’t assign each person a suitcase. Instead I pack all of our swimsuits and beachwear together, dress clothes together etc.

I assume I could put a priority tag from my cabin on all 5 suitcases since we’re allowed 6????

I know since we’re traveling as a family (in both cabins) we all can use priority check in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since your husband is bunked in with your son, they will not have Priority check in or boarding and their cabin will not be ready upon embarkation. That is only for minors in their own cabin. However, yours will and the kids in your cabin will have Priority on their Boarding Passes as well. You could just print enough tags for all the bags and have them delivered to your cabin.

If you want to all board together, you'll have to wait in the regular lounge with them.

Since your husband is bunked in with your son, they will not have Priority check in or boarding and their cabin will not be ready upon embarkation. That is only for minors in their own cabin. However, yours will and the kids in your cabin will have Priority on their Boarding Passes as well. You could just print enough tags for all the bags and have them delivered to your cabin.

If you want to all board together, you'll have to wait in the regular lounge with them.

That was my plan for the bags. But the check in I was told would be fine since we’re traveling together. Oh well. Thank you! [emoji1303]

;)

That was my plan for the bags. But the check in I was told would be fine since we’re traveling together. Oh well. Thank you! [emoji1303]

You're welcome! Sorry for the bad news. Word on the street is too many people were taking advantage of the "family plan" so now it's only if there are minors in a cabin by themselves linked with the responsible adult. BTW, your 21 year old did not need to have dad in the cabin. Actually none of the kids did. Well the 6 year old would if they are balcony cabins. Here's a portion of Carnival's policy:

MINOR GUEST POLICY

Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their own. Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will result in denied boarding and no compensation will be provided at embarkation.

Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older

• The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian.
  • The bookings must be cross-referenced with the relative or guardian’s stateroom and documented properly.
  • Guests who are 21 to 24 years of age may travel with their minor children.
  • Minors Traveling Together: The policy is slightly different because of stricter guidelines as follows:
    • Must have 1 chaperone for every 8 minors
    • Prepaid gratuities per minor are due at final payment
    • 8 or more staterooms must be booked through the Group Department and a $100 damage deposit per minor will be charged.

Traveling with a Minor

When traveling with a minor where one parent or both parents or legal guardians are not cruising, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent(s) or legal guardians authorizing the minor to travel with you. This will expedite processing by the Department of Homeland Security.

Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:

• Guests 12 and younger
    If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 13 - 17 years of age
    Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 18 – 20 years of age
    Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

None of the boys are 21. They are underage. Therefore someone 21 years and older must be booked in the cabin because our 3 sons are all under age.

Therefore I am in one cabin with 2 of the boys and my husband is on record booked in the connecting cabin with our third son. Since none are 21. They are 19, 16, 6.

I just feel like! [emoji37]

Between misinformation etc. I am just. [emoji87]

At one point, anyone checking in with you was able to join you for priority boarding as long as your credit card was used for incidentals. They closed that loophole due to abuse.

One stateroom will be ready and you can have all of your luggage sent to that room. You can try asking nicely at the port when your boarding zone is called to see if an exception could be made and have them board with you but don’t count on it. Your mileage may vary.

None of the boys are 21. They are underage. Therefore someone 21 years and older must be booked in the cabin because our 3 sons are all under age.

Therefore I am in one cabin with 2 of the boys and my husband is on record booked in the connecting cabin with our third son. Since none are 21. They are 19, 16, 6.

I just feel like! [emoji37]

Between misinformation etc. I am just. [emoji87]

Or sorry, I misread that part. I just saw "21". But either way, it's the same. I don't believe anything the CSRs tell me. That's why I do my own research right on Carnival's site or ask my PVP. But no, they don't need someone 21 or over with them - only linked to their reservation and based on their age within a certain proximity to you. Reread what Carnival says about that.

Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:

• Guests 12 and younger
    If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 13 - 17 years of age
    Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 18 – 20 years of age
    Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

You will be directed to the Priority lounge with the kids in your cabin and everyone else will be in the general area. They are very strict about this in Miami. Even my mom who had FTTF was not allowed back there with me. So whoever's pass has "Priority" on it will be allowed the expedited check in and lounge. The others will need to go to the regular line.

At one point, anyone checking in with you was able to join you for priority boarding as long as your credit card was used for incidentals. They closed that loophole due to abuse.

One stateroom will be ready and you can have all of your luggage sent to that room. You can try asking nicely at the port when your boarding zone is called to see if an exception could be made and have them board with you but don’t count on it. Your mileage may vary.

I understand people abusing the system but this is my husband and just one of my children. Leaving the 2 of them behind while we board isn’t right. It isn’t as if I am dragging along Aunt Sally, cousin Bob, my two best friends etc.

Sorry to be sarcastic but some people always ruin in for others. My husband and our eldest son will be platinum soon too. But not for this cruise.

I will ask nicely but won’t hold my breath. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

We are sailing out of Canaveral. I just did this exact sailing November 11th and the ladies at the priority desk were amazing.

But as I said it is my husband and my son. I can’t take our other 2 children and board. We’ve been separated this year by my husbands deployments and our eldest sons hospitalizations......the 5 of us are just so happy to be together! ❤️

Edited by gamecockinnc

I understand people abusing the system but this is my husband and just one of my children. Leaving the 2 of them behind while we board isn’t right. It isn’t as if I am dragging along Aunt Sally, cousin Bob, my two best friends etc.

Sorry to be sarcastic but some people always have to push the envelope. My husband will platinum soon too. As will our eldest son.

I will ask nicely but won’t hold my breath. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

I can understand your frustration. Unfortunately too many people like to take advantage of things and it gets ruined for the rest of us. It's been my experience that unless you have "Priority" printed on your pass (and your husband won't along with the kids), then you aren't getting through. However, you can ask. Just be prepared to be denied. Although you could get lucky.

If you want to feel upset, direct that towards the person that gave you bad info. You could have all checked in and boarded together Priority with no issues if they would have done it right. Now if you booked online yourself, then that's the hazard of going at it alone.

Good luck and I hope it works out. You can always go in the regular line with them if they won't budge.

I can understand your frustration. Unfortunately too many people like to take advantage of things and it gets ruined for the rest of us. It's been my experience that unless you have "Priority" printed on your pass (and your husband won't along with the kids), then you aren't getting through. However, you can ask. Just be prepared to be denied. Although you could get lucky.

If you want to feel upset, direct that towards the person that gave you bad info. You could have all checked in and boarded together Priority with no issues if they would have done it right. Now if you booked online yourself, then that's the hazard of going at it alone.

Good luck and I hope it works out. You can always go in the regular line with them if they won't budge.

Absolutely. Thank you! [emoji1303][emoji319]

And no I have a long novel aka post on here about my long term TA letting me down. But AGAIN no matter my families emergencies or husbands deployment I have to much cruising experience and have to own the problem. Which was our cabins. For the first time ever I didn’t select my own or check on him until 4.5 months ago. And since then I’ve been trying to get him to change the cabins. He didn’t. Same with this info.

But I own it. Another lesson learned and after 13 years reason to find a new TA.

Absolutely. Thank you! [emoji1303][emoji319]

You're welcome. Try not to stress. It's such a small part of the cruise that it will be forgotten no matter which way it goes as soon as you step onboard. The important thing is you will all get to spend time together and make memories. That's worth waiting an extra 10 minutes if that's what it comes down to.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!!

You're welcome. Try not to stress. It's such a small part of the cruise that it will be forgotten no matter which way it goes as soon as you step onboard. The important thing is you will all get to spend time together and make memories. That's worth waiting an extra 10 minutes if that's what it comes down to.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!!

Thank you! Happy holidays!!! [emoji1335]

Does that mean if she booked herself, husband and youngest son in one cabin, and the two teens in the second cabin, that all would have Priority boarding?

If so, would there be any issues in changing who's assigned to which cabin at this point?

Does that mean if she booked herself, husband and youngest son in one cabin, and the two teens in the second cabin, that all would have Priority boarding?

If so, would there be any issues in changing who's assigned to which cabin at this point?

Yes although it could be up for interpretation if the 19 year old would be considered a minor or not. People have said that they have had different experiences with that. But there would be a much better chance than the way it stands now.

Leaving in less than a week, you can't change names.

Per Carnival:

Minors traveling with parents in separate staterooms, who qualify for Priority, may check in together. Platinum and Diamond guests may access their staterooms after boarding.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1380/~/priority-check-in

Edited by firemanbobswife

No.

I'd print priority luggage tags for all the luggage.

What do the other boarding passes say? If they all are not marked priority, then call & ask Carnival or your PVP. Since you are priority, I can't see Carnival not letting your whole family go with you regardless of how many rooms you occupy. As someone said, you may need to store all luggage in your room as the other room may not be ready, but at least you'll all be on the ship early and together.

Don't worry about booking your husband in with your sons in the future. We put our sons in the room across the hall & they were only 8 and 16. They boarded with us in priority.

Enjoy your cruise.

To the OP (and anyone else who isn't familiar), you could have easily booked yourself, your DH and your younger son into the triple and your teenage sons into the connecting cabin. This is totally allowed by Carnival. It probably would have solved your problem, since your DH and younger son would get priority boarding with you and your teenage sons probably would have been allowed to board with you, since one of them is considered a minor.

Not sure if the OP booked through a TA, but if she did she should find a new TA. This is something that should be basic knowledge to a TA.

To the OP (and anyone else who isn't familiar), you could have easily booked yourself, your DH and your younger son into the triple and your teenage sons into the connecting cabin. This is totally allowed by Carnival. It probably would have solved your problem, since your DH and younger son would get priority boarding with you and your teenage sons probably would have been allowed to board with you, since one of them is considered a minor.

Not sure if the OP booked through a TA, but if she did she should find a new TA. This is something that should be basic knowledge to a TA.

Agree. That’s what I said too. They should get a PVP. Mine just worked miracles this morning. He went way above and beyond anything I even considered.

You are all 100% correct that from here on out I will get a PVP! And yes I have used the same TA for over 13 years. Never had a problem until recently. But he also keeps trying to steer me to other cruise lines. I always do my own research and and I give him a list of my cabin choices then he books it.

This year was unlike any other year in terms of family emergencies. I did catch the issue of the cabins 4.5 months ago but again I was knee deep this time in helping my mother. I trusted him. With that being said I own my part for not demanding help. Well I did but by that time it was too late.

He also told me I didn’t need FTTF for my husband and son in the connecting cabin to the cabin booked under my name with our other 2 sons.

Anyway, I have learned I can never take my eye off the ball so to speak and will utilize a PVP in the future. We are loyal Carnival customers and will make the best of it.

I blame myself. I know better than to not check and make sure everything is gtg.

Happy holidays and thank you for taking the time to respond.

I'd print priority luggage tags for all the luggage.

What do the other boarding passes say? If they all are not marked priority, then call & ask Carnival or your PVP. Since you are priority, I can't see Carnival not letting your whole family go with you regardless of how many rooms you occupy. As someone said, you may need to store all luggage in your room as the other room may not be ready, but at least you'll all be on the ship early and together.

Don't worry about booking your husband in with your sons in the future. We put our sons in the room across the hall & they were only 8 and 16. They boarded with us in priority.

Enjoy your cruise.

I feel SO STUPID! How did I get to platinum and think I was informed when I haven’t been. Thank you for the information and encouraging words!

Our eldest son spent months in the hospital in the last 1 year. His last bone marrow biopsy and scans were clean. I should know better than to let these little things get to me. His doctors have given us the green light to cruise. And we are so lucky to get to go! I lost focus and in the future will be using a PVP instead of the TA we’ve used forever.

Happy holidays!!!

No.

I am confused. And feel so stupid.

1. Some say I could have put myself, husband and youngest son in the triple cabin and our 2 teens (16 & 19) in the connecting cabin? Even though neither is 21 years old?

2. Some said this would have taken care of the priority boarding issue and some say no?

3. This late in the game it cannot be switched anyways correct?

4. YES I will use a PVP in the future. And develop a relationship with what I hope is a good PVP.

I never book myself. I’ve used the same TA for over 13 years. I decide on the cruise and give him a short list of preferred cabins. He books them for us. And somehow we have never had any issues and reached platinum as loyal CCL cruises.

Though he has started trying to get me to go with other cruise lines but I don’t unless others are sailing with us and its a group decision.

I blame myself and am angry at myself. It is not the end of the world. Lesson learned!

Y’all have been very kind and helpful. And I am so grateful you haven’t attacked me or belittled me. Trust me, I am mad enough at myself.

1. Some say I could have put myself, husband and youngest son in the triple cabin and our 2 teens (16 & 19) in the connecting cabin? Even though neither is 21 years old?

2. Some said this would have taken care of the priority boarding issue and some say no?

4. YES I will use a PVP in the future. And develop a relationship with what I hope is a good PVP.

I never book myself. I’ve used the same TA for over 13 years. I decide on the cruise and give him a short list of preferred cabins. He books them for us. And somehow we have never had any issues and reached platinum as loyal CCL cruises.

Though he has started trying to get me to go with other cruise lines but I don’t unless others are sailing with us and its a group decision.

I blame myself and am angry at myself. It is not the end of the world. Lesson learned!

Y’all have been very kind and helpful. And I am so grateful you haven’t attacked me or belittled me. Trust me, I am mad enough at myself.

1. That would have been allowed.

2. Both would have received priority boarding.

3. Most likely but you can ask while expecting the answer is no, especially if you booked Early Saver. Name changes aren’t an issue once onboard.

4. I always just call the 800 number for the cruise line I reserve with or book online. I’ve found that my PVPs are always unavailable when I want to book so I stopped trying.

1. Yes. Please see the policy I posted previously. They do not have to be 21 to be booked in their own cabin as long as they are liked to a parent or guardian over the age of 25.

2. Probably. The 19 year old could be considered no longer a minor but, it’s possible that they would be allowed to check in and board with you. You could have even put the 16 year old and little one together and the 19 year old with you and for sure would have been good to go.

3. Correct. Too late.

4. I hope you get a PVP as good as mine. He totally rocks.

It’s too late now to do anything about it, but now at least you know. Go and enjoy your cruise and Merry Christmas!

I don't know how you can blame yourself with everything you have been dealing with between deployments and hospitalizations. I think your doing remarkably well with even being able to plan a trip! Of course you left things up to your travel agent - you had much more important things to focus on.

Board at whatever time you can all board together and enjoy your cruise!