Current Open Hotels in San Juan

SeaTrailer

Heard Marriott has reopened

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tried booking online, nothing. Tried calling, said they are not taking reservations, then call dropped... :( Maybe I was too late on the booking but will keep trying. Need one night next weekend.

Tried booking online, nothing. Tried calling, said they are not taking reservations, then call dropped... :( Maybe I was too late on the booking but will keep trying. Need one night next weekend.

Sheraton at the Convention Center may be another possibility. Best bet is to call the property directly. Also, might try some smaller boutique hotels. Do a search on Expedia or Travelocity, and if one comes up, call them. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is updated daily, found just a few posts down from this one.

http://puertoriconow.seepuertorico.com/

Just a heads up. I checked the list and they have the Hilton brands not accepting new reservations until Oct. 31. However, the Hilton web-site for most of their hotels is showing Dec. 31. I have two reservations in November at two different Hilton hotels, pre and post cruise. I called the number Hilton listed for more information to find out if I even have rooms. After 20 minutes on the phone, they don't know if the hotel will honor our reservation. There are refugees staying in some of the hotels that are open. They told me to call the manager during normal business hours, but good luck getting through to the hotel. The Hilton rep told me not to go since they just had a hurricane and everything is an utter mess. I will try the hotels tomorrow and see if I can talk to a manager to find out. I hate to book somewhere else, as I booked both with points. I may have to if I can't find anything out the next few days.

Since hotels might be a problem & I live in California, I was contemplating flying to Florida, maybe Miami or Ft Lauderdale, hanging out there a day or two, then flying to SJ the day of the cruise since sail away is later in the day from that port. Has anyone tried this?

Just a heads up. I checked the list and they have the Hilton brands not accepting new reservations until Oct. 31. However, the Hilton web-site for most of their hotels is showing Dec. 31. I have two reservations in November at two different Hilton hotels, pre and post cruise. I called the number Hilton listed for more information to find out if I even have rooms. After 20 minutes on the phone, they don't know if the hotel will honor our reservation. There are refugees staying in some of the hotels that are open. They told me to call the manager during normal business hours, but good luck getting through to the hotel. The Hilton rep told me not to go since they just had a hurricane and everything is an utter mess. I will try the hotels tomorrow and see if I can talk to a manager to find out. I hate to book somewhere else, as I booked both with points. I may have to if I can't find anything out the next few days.

I called Hilton two nights ago about a Nov. 10 booking at the Caribe Hilton. The representative said that I was still booked and should be okay “for now.”

Michael

Just a heads up. I checked the list and they have the Hilton brands not accepting new reservations until Oct. 31. However, the Hilton web-site for most of their hotels is showing Dec. 31. .

Contacting the hotel directly is a good idea. If you don't want to call, try FB or another social media site.

I sent an IM on FB to the Hampton Inn in Isla Verde a few days after the storm hit. I have a

pre-paid res with them for Dec. 1.

It took a few days, as I expected, but on Sept 26 I got this message back from the manager. So they obviously had wifi access either at the property, or nearby.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. As we continue to assess the impact of the storm the hotel is no longer taking new reservations until 10/31/17.Existing reservations are being welcomed to the property. We have a full power generator, water and operating at the best of our capabilities.

I plan to check back again as we get closer, but for now I am going to take him at his word, since if they were welcoming existing reservations on Sept. 26, they certainly should be all set by Dec. Like others have said, it's a good guess that they are all housing relief workers now.

The Hilton 800# also confirmed my res.

Since hotels might be a problem & I live in California, I was contemplating flying to Florida, maybe Miami or Ft Lauderdale, hanging out there a day or two, then flying to SJ the day of the cruise since sail away is later in the day from that port. Has anyone tried this?

Good idea. Creative thinking!!!!

I heard from our original hotel last night. They are open for business. Casablanca in Old San Juan. I ended up canceling our reservation because we changed our flights. We were supposed to be there 10/26 & 10/27.

Thanks for posting this. I have been following the Casablanca on FB and saw that they were safe and coping the best they could. Glad to see they have reopened. We have reservations in February pre and post cruise and did not want to make other arrangements as we love the Casablanca and it's employees. We continue to keep the people of Puerto Rico in our thoughts and prayers.

Hotel milano in OSJ is where we have our reservations for 10/20. Just emailed them and they answered back “sorry we have no electricity.” If I change to same day flight it’s gonna cost me $600

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good idea. Creative thinking!!!!
This is what i am doing. I'm flying to MIA the day before and then taking an early flight to SJU the morning of the cruise. I chose MIA because it has the most nonstop flights to SJU. Other good Florida airports with multiple SJU flights include TPA, FLL, and MCO

Sent from my P027 using Forums mobile app