Boat tour from Castries to Soufriere??

thepoint

I am looking into island tours. It appears that most of what we would want to see is in Soufriere. An island tour by van takes approximately one hour and 15 minutes each way, not including the stops along the way, on extremely curved and hilly roads. That is at least two and a half to three hours riding in a van. The tours are six hours. I am thinking it might be bettter to take a tour (if I can find one) that brings you to Soufriere by boat. Is this a good idea? How long does it take to get to Soufriere by boat from Castries? Suggestions please. Thank you.

I am looking into island tours. It appears that most of what we would want to see is in Soufriere. An island tour by van takes approximately one hour and 15 minutes each way, not including the stops along the way, on extremely curved and hilly roads. That is at least two and a half to three hours riding in a van. The tours are six hours. I am thinking it might be bettter to take a tour (if I can find one) that brings you to Soufriere by boat. Is this a good idea? How long does it take to get to Soufriere by boat from Castries? Suggestions please. Thank you.

This is what we are thinking as well.

I got some information from a tour that has good reviews.

Land & Sea Tour

A copy of the email from Him:

The cost is $120 us per person including of lunch and drinks,taxi to mud bath and waterfall ,two snorkeling spots ,visit the bat cave and a tour of the island on the west coast.

The entire tour is about six hours long. Pick up is about 8:30 am at the cruise terminal with a sign saying Solomon Water Taxi

You pay cash on the day.

Thank you

Spencer Ambrose offers a tour called the "Land, Sea, and Beach Adventure". We did this in September 2015. We took a speedboat from our ship to Soufriere with a couple stops along the way for some sights to be pointed out from the boat. Once in Soufriere, we transferred to air conditioned vans for the land part of the tour, then back to the boats for about 2 hours at Jalousie/Sugar Beach resort, which is the beach between St. Lucia's Pitons and is just gorgeous. I believe it depends on the size of the tour, but lunch is either served on land or while on the beach portion of the tour and is VERY good. Also, unlimited beverages are provided (water, coke, diet coke, Piton beer and rum punch). On the trip back to the ship (also by speedboat), we got the "Sea Tour", which were small towns and landmarks along the way, as well as gorgeous views of the Pitons from the boat. Spencer has always been great about turning the boat so all who want pictures can get them without the tops of the heads of other passengers on the other side of his boat. I highly recommend them.