Trip Report - Silver Spirit

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Silversea Cruises

Read Silversea Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Silversea Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:23 PM.
England
3 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Hi everyone

My husband and I went on our first Silversea cruise this year, we had a 9 day voyage from Rome to Barcelona and we loved every minute.

I write a travel blog (just for fun) and have written up my thoughts on the ship on one post and the second post is all about the food!

Hope you enjoy reading

https://thetravelsofmrsb.wordpress.c...xury-cruising/

https://thetravelsofmrsb.wordpress.c...dining-at-sea/
90,268 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Welcome to Cruise Critic and thank you for sharing your travel blog with us including your review of the ship and the food. Writeup is terrific along with your photos.

Glad to hear how much you enjoyed the experience.

Keith
United Kingdom
1,984 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
Thanks for sharing Mrs B..... echo what Keith has said ... and welcome to CC.

Looking forward to your next review. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Scotland
62 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Thanks for a great report and photographs. We did our first Silversea cruise six years ago and loved it,needless to say we have cruised with Silversea ever since. If you can, do go to Antarctica best holiday ever. Once again thank you for your reporting Mrs B.
Albany, NY
4,426 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Very enjoyable reviews! Glad you had a wonderful trip. And I second what Elginjock has said; Antarctica on Silversea is astounding. Our first SS cruise was Antarctica, and only after that did we move up to the "regular" ships. Now that Silver Cloud is going to Antarctica, it should only get better.

Thanks again for posting and as the others have said, welcome to CC.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
JP and Chris

Last: Silver Explorer - Along the Humboldt Current, Guayaquil to Valparaíso - Oct 2017 (review)

Future bookings - come join us!
Silver Wind - #2828, Copenhagen to Tower Bridge - Sept 2018
Silver Cloud Expedition - #1918, Reykjavik to Reykjavik - August 2019

Past:
Ganges Voyager II (Uniworld) - India's Golden Triangle & the Sacred Ganges - Feb 2017 (review)
River Beatrice (Uniworld) - Danube - April 2016
(photo review)
SS Catherine (Uniworld) - Burgundy and Provence - March 2015 (review)
Silver Cloud - Eastern Med - Istanbul to Athens - October 2014 (photo review)
Silver Cloud - North Atlantic - Tower Bridge to Reykjavik - August 2014 - (photo review)
SS Antoinette (Uniworld) - Castles on the Rhine - Basel to Amsterdam - April 2014 (photo review)
Silver Explorer - Central America - Colon to Puerto Caldera - October 2013 (photo review)
MS Sun Boat III - Nile River - November 2012 (pics1) (pics2)
Silver Wind - Athens to Rome - June 2012 (report) (Greece pics) (Italy pics)

Celebrity Xpedition - Galapagos - November 2011 (Peru pics) (Galapagos pics)
Silver Explorer - Longyearbyen to Tromso - August 2011 (report) (Svalbard pics) (Tromso pics)
Silver Wind - Cape Town to Cape Town - Feb 2011 (pics)
Silver Cloud - London to Nice - September 2010 (France pics) (Spain and Portugal pics)
Silver Wind - Black Sea - June 2010 (pics)
Silversea PAII - Antarctica - Dec 09 (pics)
Canada
2,599 Posts
Joined May 2008
Thanks for sharing your glorious experience Mrs B! It was a joy to read and your photos are awesome!
New York
1,790 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
WOW! That was wonderful!! Enjoyed every word and loved the photos! We did our first SS cruise on the Spirit in April and loved every second. We're seriously considering a crossing next year! Thank you for your great report and hope to maybe meet you on another SS adventure!
England
3 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Thank you for your kind words everyone. We absolutely loved our cruise with Silversea and would go on another one in a heartbeat! The Antarctica is definitely on our list.

Before we went I read nearly every post on here and got so many fantastic hints and tips.
Europe
377 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Great reviews, thank you for sharing. We are looking forward to our first Silversea next year on Shadow and after reading your blog, we can't wait!
Atlanta
5,920 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Thanks for sharing in beautiful prose and photos your Spirit voyage with us mrsb. Did y'all book another Silversea voyage while on board?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]
Goldfields, Australia.
272 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Hi Mrs B,

What an absolutely fantastic review, glad you loved everything as I do on a

Silversea cruise (got four booked!!).And I loved your great photos. Dale
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Texas
56 Posts
Joined May 2012
Great review! We are hooked on Silversea as well. Booked on the Muse 2018 October and Antarctica 2019 February!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Paul Gauguin Tahiti & Society Islands July 2012
Silverseas Silver Wind Istanbul-Piraeus April 2013
Silverseas Silver Spirit Rio de Janeiro-Buenos Aires January 2014
Silverseas Silver Wind Rome-Nice July 2014
Silverseas Spirit Ft Lauderdale-Lisbon April 2015
Celebrity Silhouette Caribbean January 2016
Silverseas Silver Wind London-Reykavik August 2016
Silverseas Silver Cloud London-Oslo June 2017
Celebrity Solstice Australia-New Zealand January 2018
Silverseas Silver Muse Athens-Muscat October 2018
Silverseas Silver Cloud Explorer Antarctica February 2019

England
3 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Thank you so much everyone. So exciting to read what cruises everyone has got booked. We havent got another booked yet however we are currently looking as it is my husbands 40th Birthday in September next year so will hopefully have something special booked soon!