Glory Tours Anyone??

lvcruzers

Has anyone ever used Glory Tours before? What was the transportation like? Were they professional? I looked them up on Trip Advisor and they have good reviews but I was wondering if anyone has used them recently. Thanks all

T*

My husband and I used them last November. They were fantastic. We were on a small tour bus. Actually, it ended up being just my husband and I on the tour, and I was impressed that they didn't cancel it due to lack of enough people. We did the tour that included St Nicolas Abbey, Bathsheba, and Harrison's Cave. It was a lovely day. I would use them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

I just looked at their website and their prices were more than the cruise ship! Everything I saw was a good bit over a 100.00. Is there another place on their site for cruise ship tours?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking about booking with Glory Tours, as well. I have read that the taxi driver's in Barbados are aggressive and somewhat shady, so I hesitate to use a taxi. I really want to see Bathsheba while I'm there and would love to also go to one of the beaches, like The Boatyard. The prices quotes on Glory Tour's website are in Barbados dollars, so a tour that costs $180 pp is actually $90 US dollars.

Does anyone know of a tour that just goes to Bathsheba (and lets you stay for more than 30 minutes) and then drops you off at a beach?

I'm looking at the Bajan Paradise tour, simply because it's just about the only tour I've been able to find that would give me both Bathsheba and some beach time.

I did a tour like this on my only previous stop in Barbados but it also included Harrison Caves. Done that so don't need it again. I want more than "just" an island tour or "just" a beach day, and this sounds like it will give me that (although I've been to most of the stops before).

It's a beautiful island, so I don't mind seeing it all again, and it's been 8 years! Cost is also reasonable. Now, to see if they have availability and whether anyone on my Roll Call is interested.

I'm looking at Glory Tours too.

NCTribeFan, if you use them before Christmas, would you let me know how your tour went. Tia :).

I'm going to book a tour with them in November of this year. I will definitely let you know how it goes. I am looking at the "Beautiful Barbados" tour, because of the lunch at the Animal Flower Cave restaurant. I want to see and experience Bathsheba, and then eat lunch where I can see the waves hitting the cliffs!

I'm going to book a tour with them in November of this year. I will definitely let you know how it goes. I am looking at the "Beautiful Barbados" tour, because of the lunch at the Animal Flower Cave restaurant. I want to see and experience Bathsheba, and then eat lunch where I can see the waves hitting the cliffs!

Thanks, I'll look out for it ;).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I highly recommend Glory tours! Sarah and our driver provided excellent customer service.

Although they had some interesting tour packages, we decided we would like to have a private tour for just the two of us.

I emailed my requested time-frame for the tour and some ideas for stops. Harrison caves was number one...excellent by the way! ..and we wanted to tour along the Bathsheba coastline, visit St. Nicolas Abby and St. John's church. A 6-7 hour private tour. The cost for us was about $300 and well worth it for the personalized tour and great driver.

We don't normally do private tours but I would do this again in a heartbeat! (y)

We had a couple of tours with them and they were great. Everyone was very nice. I think depending on the number of people, it'll be a van or small bus.

They seemed to have a huge presence when we were there. Every tourist destination we went we saw lots of Glory Tours workers milling about. I think a lot of third party tour booking services (Viator, etc.) must use them. We did a tour + airport dropoff excursion through the ship when we left Barbados, and it was Glory Tours who ran it.

Villauk. We are on the same cruise. I just put in a request for Glory Tours "Best of Barbados" Tour. It's a full day to Harrisons Cave, Bathsheba, Welchman Hall Gully, lunch at the beach with beach time and a swim with the turtles.

The reviews are great. We initially wanted Silvermoon, which we have done before, but they are waitlisted for our day. The ship tour to Harrisons Cave and Bathsheba was expensive compared to what you get with Glory for a little more.

We are going to give Glory a try if they have availability. I noticed they also have private tours you can customize, but I am unsure if the price listed is pp or for the number of people specified. If for the number of people specified, it would be cheaper for the 3 of us to go private.

Have you joined the Roll Call? I haven't but plan to.

Jess

Villauk. We are on the same cruise. I just put in a request for Glory Tours "Best of Barbados" Tour. It's a full day to Harrisons Cave, Bathsheba, Welchman Hall Gully, lunch at the beach with beach time and a swim with the turtles.

The reviews are great. We initially wanted Silvermoon, which we have done before, but they are waitlisted for our day. The ship tour to Harrisons Cave and Bathsheba was expensive compared to what you get with Glory for a little more.

We are going to give Glory a try if they have availability. I noticed they also have private tours you can customize, but I am unsure if the price listed is pp or for the number of people specified. If for the number of people specified, it would be cheaper for the 3 of us to go private.

Have you joined the Roll Call? I haven't but plan to.

Jess

Jess,

Come on over to the roll call and I'll update with the replies I've received ;).

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say - we used Glory Tours 2 different times - both times tours were a bit different than advertised. Still enjoyed our days, but if you really planned on something it might not be as good for you (no beach on 2nd tour, swam with turtles 1st time on what was supposed to be a shopping time after Harrison cave). After 2 experiences, not sure I would try again!

Charlene

I swear I posted recently and it isn't here.

I had tried to contact them (not through the actual reservation link) and never got a response, so I tried again over the weekend, this time using the link, and heard back.

I didn't realize you had to pre-pay. Anyone ever had any issues with this? Do they charge in Bajan dollars? Must use my no-foreign-transaction-fees icard f that's the case.

I typically do not like to pre-pay, but I will if necessary. At least that means less cash to carry.

I'm going to go for it. At least if you pre-pay using a card and there are problems/issues, you may have some recourse.

I'll be there on 11/13 doing the Bajan Paradise tour. I typically write full reviews of my cruises but I'll try to remember to come back over here and post my thoughts.

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed Sarah last week as our ship gets into Barbados at 10am and all the tours we were interested in left by 9am. I asked if they could arrange a later departure for the four of us. No reply. First time, in all my years of travel, that I did not receive the courtesy of a response.

• 3 weeks later...

Last week we did the "Treasures of Barbados" tour through Glory Tours. They were very professional, even to the point having their own check-in desk at the pier - no wandering around looking for someone holding a sign. The van was immaculate, and the driver very knowledgeable. I highly recommend them.

I'm going to go for it. At least if you pre-pay using a card and there are problems/issues, you may have some recourse.

I'll be there on 11/13 doing the Bajan Paradise tour. I typically write full reviews of my cruises but I'll try to remember to come back over here and post my thoughts.

We want to do the Bajan Paradise tour when we're there in January. How was it? I sent a request through her website last night and haven't received a response yet