Valley church beach

Patsfans

I have the same question, I wonder why there are no replies? I saw this beach on TripAdvisor. We are also Patsfans, lived in MA until 2000. :)

http://caribya.com/jolly.harbour/valley.church.beach/

This says the beach is 8 miles from St Johns, unfortunately no restrooms, that's a no-go for us. I'll have to keep looking.

Edited by JYL
added information

Lots of info on this and other Antigua beaches, including transportation, right on this page.

You don't even have to use the search feature, just scroll down a bit.

You can read all the posts, but bottom line, it's easy and cheap to take the bus out there, and it has become unpleasantly overcrowded with cruisers. It used to be a nice option, now, not so much.

I assume it will only get worse, since many ships have diverted to Antigua from other islands that were hurricane damaged

My wife and I took a taxi two years ago to Valley Church Beach with two other passengers and the fare was $8.00 per person each way. It was a 20 minute ride. You can take a local bus to the beach but it makes too many stops.

It was the most beautiful beach we've ever seen. ( We only do beaches on our cruises and have been to many Bahama, Mexican, and Caribbean beaches)The water was crystal clear,calm,warm,and beautiful white sand. It looked like Bora Bora. Don't miss this spectacular beach!

We will be stopping in Antigua on the Regal Princess this December. We plan on taking a taxi to Jolly Beach and walk over to Valley Church beach. It looks like Jolly Beach has bar and restroom facilities. Looking at videos,both beaches look alike.

Valley church beach is beautiful and has become a very popular beach in Antigua.

They have a bar called the nest with washrooms and a changing area. Plenty of taxi's around don't need to call any. I took bus the bus there and grabbed a taxi on my return.

I'll be trying Darkwood beach or Jollybeach this visit they are on either side of Valley church beach with less people.

We just did Valley Church beach last week! Beauty of a beach, as always. There are bathrooms with changing areas. Two chaises and an umbrella were $20.

It was an off and on rainy day which didn't matter that much to us as we spent a lot of time in the water anyway. When we walked to get to our cab in order to come back to the ship we walked thru 6-7 inch grass and weeds just off the driveway. When we got in the cab I felt a BIG ouch on my foot and looked down as a bug was lighting on me. I broke out the OFF spray and killed the little bugger but not until it bit me 9 times. I shared my OFF with my fellow passengers that were also being bit. Turns out it was a sand flea and it left infected looking swollen bites that are still bothering the heck out of me a week later.

I know you can get sand flea bit anywhere there is sand, fleas and water... but just a reminder to all. . .bring your bug spray!! I had it on my feet but did a last minute foot wash in a concrete foot bath before going to the cab. That was a mistake.

Another mistake is looking up sand flea videos on youtube. :eek: You've been warned.

We also like Darkwood beach, just a bit up the road from Valley Church. Cab fare is $8.00 per person for a full cab, $16.00 pp for just two passengers. Our cab driver agreed to a time to pick us all up and showed up on time.