Looking for pool and place for kids in Ocho Rios

leite

Folks, traveling with 12 family members (7 kids from 2 to 12 years old) to Ocho Rios in January of next year on Carnival Vista.

Having a hard time to find a reasonably priced place to go, similar to Paradise Beach in Cozumel or Royal Palms in Cayman Islands.

Is there a place in Ocho Rios by the beach with a nice pool or rides for the kids?

As we dont drink, an all inclusive is not our first choice but we will consider it if nothing else is available.

Thanks....

• 3 weeks later...
Try resorts for a day . We have used them and they were great, although they are all inclusive

Thanks, too expensive though. It will end up being over 400.00 for the 5 of us (akd we are travelling with 2 other families). Cant believe there is no beach bar that is family friendly in Ocho Rios...

• 6 months later...
Margaritaville (located very close in Island Village Shopping Center) has a pool and a beach area. Just order some food or drinks (don't have to be alcoholic). Might work for you. ;)

thanks for the tip. :)

It looks like this MAY do it. Even though the pool is very small, it has the benefit of being close to the port. I contacted them and they do charge for beach chairs and umbrella but free (to stay at the restaurant) as long as you consume their food and drinks.

Someone also recommended me another restaurant called BAMBOO BLU which doesn't have a pool but seems to be a better beach and more private. I wrote to them and I'm waiting for a reply back.

If anyone has any other suggestion like these 2 places, I appreciate the feedback.

thanks...

If you hear back from Bamboo Blu could you post the details? We will be on the Vista in April and I considered staying on the ship myself as I'm not interested in doing DR again.

Thanks,

Sheal