Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Thanks

Everyday I learned something and it’s fascinating

I see today...

(2:30 p.m. EDT) -- After its maiden season in the Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises' newest ship Celebrity Edge will head overseas to offer a series of Mediterranean cruises.

I'm new to Celebrity, but as I'm getting old, I'm finding myself seeking elegance over the active lifestyle.

I may be trading in my RC find for X find after seeing Edge.

I'm sure in not the first to suggest this, but is Eden the same as 270 on Anthem, at least specially?

It looks like the love child of Two70 and Wonderland and it looks amazing!

Is this ship class "Quantum Class re-imagined"? Same hill, dimensions, etc.?

As always,. love your posts Lloyd! Can't wait to see the same for Icon when she starts to take shape!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great post and thanks Lloyd

Yes as you get older you want something different and casual elegance is one. I am a Celebrity loyal because I am not ready for the other high end lines.

This change was well anticipated as most luxury travelers want Europe.

Thanks jc

Sorry forget, I don’t think Celebrity wants copy anything from rccl as this caters a different market

I don't have a basis other than my business sense, which thinks in terms of efficiencies and how easy it would be to repurpose an already existing design.

When it comes to catering to a different market, you can look no further than common practices in the automotive industry between Honda and Acura, Toyota and Lexus, Nissan and Infiniti, Volkswagen and Audi.

There are models that span brands based on the same platforms.

While these may not be the same hull (or maybe it is), don't rule out the concept of leveraging existing plans across builds if there are benefits to be realized.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Upper deck pool and jogging track area.

7a9b28d8f737bb62b812c054772a6434.jpg

f11c660fd52b364193e8758b8b8084e7.jpg

Photo taken from whereabouts of camera in this image...

e0f362519f69fae1e8905129884d8e02.jpg

The block in the photos above will sit across from the block in this older photo...

0cce061d47ff5b0293751bf43050b1ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Bow photos.ee406e1cbbec8ddbc8433b2a06393af1.jpg

a3b1e6efdded12c6d688dc418a0b95eb.jpg

That is the strangest looking bridge I have ever seen. Instead of wall to wall windows giving a panoramic view, it seems to be individual window openings, with none at the ends at all, creating serious obstructed views. Or am I seeing something else?

I have been on bridge tours on several ships and all have panoramic views forward along the entire width, at the ends, and even towards the aft. Nothing like this.

That is the strangest looking bridge I have ever seen. Instead of wall to wall windows giving a panoramic view, it seems to be individual window openings, with none at the ends at all, creating serious obstructed views. Or am I seeing something else?

I have been on bridge tours on several ships and all have panoramic views forward along the entire width, at the ends, and even towards the aft. Nothing like this.

I don't believe the bridge is finished. They have yet to cut the steal openings for the other windows. When finished the bridge will have panoramic views as shown in the concept art of the finished ship.

I don't believe the bridge is finished. They have yet to cut the steal openings for the other windows. When finished the bridge will have panoramic views as shown in the concept art of the finished ship.

the window units themselves must have strong frames that keep the structure stiff. Put every 2nd one in and that will hold everything in place then you can cutout the other 1/2 of them.

So many great photos. I'm finding it easier to put them in a Pinterest board. Here's a link:

https://www.pinterest.com/lloydmarchand/celebrity-edge-photos/

I'll try to label them and put them in a decent order soon enough. ;p

Love all these pix Lloyd.... what do you know about it's power plant? Will it be LNG powered like a lot of the other new ships will be?

Love all these pix Lloyd.... what do you know about it's power plant? Will it be LNG powered like a lot of the other new ships will be?

If I recall right, the Edge Class ships are not LNG. The first RCCL ships (RCI, Celebrity, Azamara) with LNG will be the Icon Class for RCI to be built my Meyer Turku, Findland.