Okay, How We Gonna Work This??

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:25 PM.
1,126 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
I will fedex a typically canadian item to the poster who makes the 100th post (provided that the 10 or so posts before that aren't just an opportunity to make sure that you are the 100th) BUT if I am the owner of the 100th post you all have to send me something typical from your area keeping in mind the restrictions on shipping stuff cross border.

For example I might think of shipping some squeaky cheese, maple syrup, toronto maple leafs toque (although god only knows why I would want to subject any of you to THAT embarrassment), or even some plastic money.

Kicker I think that the barefoot thread is a wonderful idea..... I wish that I had taken the time to get to know her on the cruise so that I could add something to the mix.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
ncl 7 day cruise norwegian majesty april 2001
9 day enchantment of the seas cruise june 2010
11 day norwegian dawn nov 2011
Norwegian epic nov 2014
Paducah, KY
580 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Yes, knock on wood, we are all as healthy as can reasonably be expected.

So I missed all the drama with closing of the old thread. How did CC handle that? Did an admin post in the thread and warn you in advance or did it just go away one day?

Both kids are doing great, btw. Lindsay graduates with her BS in communications disorders this spring. She will then go on to speech therapy school. Maybe she can coach dad out of his hybrid Oklahoma/Texas/Western Kentucky drawl!

Eric is a high school senior and is still undecided on what he wants to study. He is leaning toward a pre-physicians assistant major and the PA grad school. But that is this week, we will see about next.

Rachel quit doing the buzzing tupperware parties a while back. The downturn in the economy really sorta tanked that business, I think. She is back doing the retail gig as a department manager for Elder Beerman stores.

My yoga business has grown like crazy. I have six teachers now and 20+ classes a week, most of which are running nearly full. Between managing that and my day job I barely have time to do anything else!

It does feel like home in here though.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tim

1,126 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Good to hear from you again and glad that all the family is doing well.

First off CC just appeared one day and said thread is closed because it was too large (or something to that effect) and they were streamlining their servers.....would make more sense to me if they had actually deleted the thread too but it still (as of now anyway) resides on their server. Anyway they were kind enough to offer us space if we requested it so here we are.

Glad to hear that your business is doing well but it really shouldn't come as a surprise as you are pretty much the poster boy for the health benefits of doing yoga..wish I had your ambition.

Tough for most teenage boys to figure out what it is they want to do with their lives. I guess the difference in hormones. Girls seem to have their lives all mapped out (or mine do anyway and it sounds like Lindsay does as well) whereas boys kind of go with the flow. I STILL haven't figured out what I want to be when I grow up.

Sounds like you and the family need a cruise badly for some r and r.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian epic nov 2014
Paducah, KY
580 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
That we do my friend, that we do. We didn't really vacation at all last year. The year before we did the western Carib on Carnival.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tim

Bartlett, TN
1,194 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Kay told me where the new site is and told me to "post something."

Kicker: Great job on the new setup!!

Cheap: Thanks for keeping us informed of the new site.

Ted and Maggie: I hope everything turns out OK. Kay & I know somewhat of what you are going through.

Tim: Great to hear from you again! On our last cruise at Quest there were some doing the "splits". No body can do the "splits" like you and Lindsay!!

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John

570 nights onboard a cruiseship 74 cruises40 different cruiseships 6 cruise lines

Last cruises:
4/26/16 Brilliance OTS 14N Transatlantic
8/21/16 Freedom OTS 7N E Caribbean
12/5/16 Enchantment OTS 4N Bahamas
12/9/16 Navigator OTS 9N S Caribbean
4/1/17 Freedom OTS 8N E Caribbean
4/9/17 Freedom OTS 6N W Caribbean
7/15/17 Harmony OTS 7N E Caribbean Daily Compass

Up next:

??????

John's email: [email protected]

John's cruises
Auburn, NY
4,810 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
I think Cheap is the one who got this started on here, so he deserves the credit. It was tough timing with you guys being on a cruise, us leaving for a cruise, and especially with no notice they were shutting the thread down.

In CC's defense, they mentioned months ago that they were trying to eliminate some items, although, as Cheap said, what space are they saving if the original thread is still there?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Explorer OTS 2/04; Serenade OTS 2/05; Voyager OTS 2/06; Sovereign OTS 7/07; Liberty OTS 5/08; Grandeur OTS 2/09; Enchantment OTS 6/2010; Celebrity Eclipse 1/2011; Crown Princess 1/2012 Disney Dream 12/2012;
Explorer OTS 5/13;
Disney wonder October 2013;Liberty of the Seas 1/2014
Enchantment OTS May, 2014... Where's Barb?
October 2014 Majesty OTS;
LIBERTY OF THE SEAS 1/2015
LIBERTY OF THE SEAS - JUNE 2015
Adventure of the Seas - October 2015
Brilliance of the Seas - January 2016
Carnival Ecstaasy - August 2016
Oasis of the Seas - September 2016
Anthem of the Seas - October 2017
1,126 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Sorry Kicker but not cheap's work....I only requested the site. YOu my friend are our spiritual leader (in more ways than one). Should it now be our objective to see if cc shuts down this site because of the sheer enormity of it???

My offer still stands....for the 100th poster something typically Canadian (sorry ladies I can't fedex you ryan gosling, william shatner or one of illustrious royal canadian mounted police).

John if you end up dropping in are you going to be eligible for the voluntary buyout??? Doesn't really seem like that bad of a deal if you are nearing retirement anyway and have all of your retirement ducks in a row but for a "young" fellow like you or I not sure I would take advantage of it even if it were offered to us Canadian folks. I know I could get another job elsewhere as they are in desperate need of truck drivers continent wide but not sure that I want to see the world through the windshield.

One more day until the end of the world according to the mayans....after THIS end of the world passes (we have survived y2k, the rapture last may, the second rapture in october) I wonder when the next one will be....I think I will have to tune in to coast to coast to find out.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian epic nov 2014
1,126 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
For those of you whose friendship means a great deal to me, I wish you and your families the merriest of christmases and a happy new year. May the holiday season find you in good health and spirit. I look forward to sharing many more conversations with you all in the near future. Stay well.

Just as a side note.....carnival 7 day cruise leaving jan 6 for the ridiculous price of 269....how in the name of god do they make any money at that price???
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian epic nov 2014
Tidewater, VA
553 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by cheapskate9999
For those of you whose friendship means a great deal to me, I wish you and your families the merriest of christmases and a happy new year. May the holiday season find you in good health and spirit. I look forward to sharing many more conversations with you all in the near future. Stay well.
Thank you. The very same sentiments here. Merry Christmas all and a very prosperous and healthy New Year.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL Enchantment 6/10

RCCL Grandeur 5/09
RCCL Explorer 9/08
RCCL Empress 6/07
NCL Crown 5/06
Tidewater, VA
553 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and will have a prosperous and healthy 2013.

The big snow event the last day or two has not amounted to anything here. Just drizzle and periods of rain all day. Was looking for some white stuff.

Ted
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL Enchantment 6/10

RCCL Grandeur 5/09
RCCL Explorer 9/08
RCCL Empress 6/07
NCL Crown 5/06
1,126 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
amounted to but a few inches....supposed to be more by mid afternoon but all in all not much to get excited about.

Hope that everyone had a merry xmas and looking forward to a prosperous new year.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian epic nov 2014
Eastern NC
636 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
I found it! I found it! LOL So glad to see that everyone seems to have had a decent holiday. Who had the mastectomy? So sorry to hear that but hope that treatment goes well.

Our Christmas went as well as could be expected. My parents came here. It was too traumatic for them to stay home. DH met his biological mother for the first time in November so meeting her family and spending time with them took our minds off of our situation for a while, except for his biological father and stepmother coming unglued about it. There are pros and cons to everything, right?! LOL

I'm hoping the new year will be better than last year!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Warning: Poster may make spelling/grammatical errors due to vision problems... not everyone is perfect.

[email protected]'s cruises:
Carnival Conquest ~ 6/26/2017
Carnival Fantasy ~ 7/21/2013 *Carnival Paradise ~ 4/7/2012 * RCI Enchantment of the Seas ~ 6/3/2010 * RCI Empress of the Seas ~ 7/21/2007 * Carnival Celebration ~ 6/26/2005
1,126 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
so glad you found us at our new home.....doesn't seem to be as busy and kicker seems to be mia but hopefully your new year will be a whole lot better than last year was..I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian epic nov 2014
Tidewater, VA
553 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Sunshine -

Glad you found us over here.

Maggie had a double mastectomy on 9/11 and is going through the chemo regimen now. That is due to end the last week of January.

Have a Happy New Year. As you and Paul said, hope it is better than last year.

Ted
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL Enchantment 6/10

RCCL Grandeur 5/09
RCCL Explorer 9/08
RCCL Empress 6/07
NCL Crown 5/06
1,126 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Hope that all my friends have a safe, happy, healthy and prosperous new year.....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian epic nov 2014
Auburn, NY
4,810 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Haven't been on here for one main reason: Barb's Mom, Pauline, passed away on Friday (Dec 28). I think I mentioned on here that she'd been failing since having an opeartion mid-November - she came through the op fine, but something happened with her swallowing muscles and she eventually stopped eating. We were at her side for 3 days as we knew she was going.

So, not the best year for this group: Barefoot 10, CG's Mom, Barb's Mom, Maggie...

2013 HAS to be better! Right??

PS: I'll put a New Year's post on the Happy Holidays thread on here.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Explorer OTS 2/04; Serenade OTS 2/05; Voyager OTS 2/06; Sovereign OTS 7/07; Liberty OTS 5/08; Grandeur OTS 2/09; Enchantment OTS 6/2010; Celebrity Eclipse 1/2011; Crown Princess 1/2012 Disney Dream 12/2012;
Explorer OTS 5/13;
Disney wonder October 2013;Liberty of the Seas 1/2014
Enchantment OTS May, 2014... Where's Barb?
October 2014 Majesty OTS;
LIBERTY OF THE SEAS 1/2015
LIBERTY OF THE SEAS - JUNE 2015
Adventure of the Seas - October 2015
Brilliance of the Seas - January 2016
Carnival Ecstaasy - August 2016
Oasis of the Seas - September 2016
Anthem of the Seas - October 2017
Tidewater, VA
553 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by kicker
Haven't been on here for one main reason: Barb's Mom, Pauline, passed away on Friday (Dec 28).
Our condolences to your family on Pauline's passing. Our prayers are with you.

Ted and Maggie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL Enchantment 6/10

RCCL Grandeur 5/09
RCCL Explorer 9/08
RCCL Empress 6/07
NCL Crown 5/06
1,126 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
To you, barb and your family on the passing of Barb's mother..I kind of figured that might have been the case when you mentioned that she wasn't or couldn't eat.

Soooo, good riddance to 2012. hopefully 2013 will be a banner year for all concerned and friends and family will enjoy good health and fellowship.

Ted and Maggie, I sincerely hope that maggie's treatments will be wildly successful. You will be in my prayers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian epic nov 2014
Bartlett,TN,USA
12,181 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by kicker
Haven't been on here for one main reason: Barb's Mom, Pauline, passed away on Friday (Dec 28). I think I mentioned on here that she'd been failing since having an opeartion mid-November - she came through the op fine, but something happened with her swallowing muscles and she eventually stopped eating. We were at her side for 3 days as we knew she was going.

So, not the best year for this group: Barefoot 10, CG's Mom, Barb's Mom, Maggie...

2013 HAS to be better! Right??

PS: I'll put a New Year's post on the Happy Holidays thread on here.

Kicker, so sorry to hear about Barb's mother, but like Paul said, that's what I expected was the reason for your cc absence. Sincere condolences to your entire family.

I did receive a bit of good news this morning. I had an abnormal pap smear in May, and my doctor told me to come back the end of November for another one. I waited until last week to have the other one, and the doctor's office called this morning and the results came back normal!! That was a huge relief!! So, I am booking my first solo cruise!! John only has three vacation days left until May 31. I have many cruise friends going on Navigator from New Orleans in February, so I am going, too!!! This house is EMPTY without my Mom and with my grandchildren in school and John at work!! Being a housewife is not all the fun it's cracked up to be! I am out of here!!!

Hopefully, 2013 will be a much brighter year for all of us!!