Any update on Norwegian Dawn Dec 3rd?

Brookefairway

Flying safely in should not be a problem, but that is probably not going to be the deciding factor. Puerto Rico is in a bad position right now. There is no way to know what the situation will be in a couple of months.

By Dec 3rd you will know how safe it is to fly into Puerto Rico. Royal Caribbean starts their first cruise out of San Juan on Sat. Oct 7th so if you look at the royal Caribbean board entries by the end of next week we should hear some information on how they did. Plus you will also hear about many other cruises in and out of Puerto Rico by that time. I know it doesn't help now but at least you certainly will not be the first one to have to try it. At least you have an itinerary I still don't have what the Nov 3rd cruise is changed to

Received notification from NCL yesterday that the Dawn on December 3rd, is departing from San Juan as scheduled. I would post the email if I knew how. Maybe check your spam folder for the email. The only changes are the St Maartin and St Thomas ports. Hope this helps. I will also be on this cruise. The Embassy Suites canceled my reservation so now I'm looking for another beachfront hotel for post cruise stay.

The state that Puerto Rico is in right now, no power, no water, I find it highly unlikely.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wish I could find the article I read online last night to share here, but basically it was saying that San Juan is in very good shape overall and ready to receive tourists, the rest of Puerto Rico...not so. Most of the city now has running water and power resorted. They said that the airport is now operating 24 hours per day with 100 flights scheduled, whereas 149 per day was the norm. It also showed people back in the malls shopping and minimal lines for ATM machines, gas, food, etc. They also showed employees in stores putting up Christmas decorations.

This contrasts greatly with the rest of the island where roads are impassable, only 5% of the places having electricity, 4 hours waits for gas, putting limits on the amount of cash from ATMs, etc. It really sounds like the have and the have nots. I understand why San Juan would be done first being the major population centre and having a high concentration of residents.

As for cruising out of San Juan from November forward, it sounds as though San Juan will be very ready for you but the rest of the island is still a 3rd world country in dire need of assistance.

I wish I could find the article I read online last night to share here, but basically it was saying that San Juan is in very good shape overall and ready to receive tourists, the rest of Puerto Rico...not so. Most of the city now has running water and power resorted. They said that the airport is now operating 24 hours per day with 100 flights scheduled, whereas 149 per day was the norm. It also showed people back in the malls shopping and minimal lines for ATM machines, gas, food, etc. They also showed employees in stores putting up Christmas decorations.

This contrasts greatly with the rest of the island where roads are impassable, only 5% of the places having electricity, 4 hours waits for gas, putting limits on the amount of cash from ATMs, etc. It really sounds like the have and the have nots. I understand why San Juan would be done first being the major population centre and having a high concentration of residents.

As for cruising out of San Juan from November forward, it sounds as though San Juan will be very ready for you but the rest of the island is still a 3rd world country in dire need of assistance.

Thank you for the clarification. I was under the impression that all of Puerto Rico was in that bad shape. But feel so bad for the people in the areas still affected.

This is good to know for booking my next cruise. When I return from my January cruise, I was planning on booking my next cruise for January 2019, which included San Juan in its itinerary.

Thank you for the clarification. I was under the impression that all of Puerto Rico was in that bad shape. But feel so bad for the people in the areas still affected.

This is good to know for booking my next cruise. When I return from my January cruise, I was planning on booking my next cruise for January 2019, which included San Juan in its itinerary.

I just found the article posted by the Daily Mirror in the U.K. If you have not read it and viewed the images, I think it (if accurate) posts a very clear display of the state of San Juan vs. the rest of Puerto Rico.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4949922/Strippers-San-Juan-darkness-rest-Puerto-Rico.html

Received notification from NCL yesterday that the Dawn on December 3rd, is departing from San Juan as scheduled. I would post the email if I knew how. Maybe check your spam folder for the email. The only changes are the St Maartin and St Thomas ports. Hope this helps. I will also be on this cruise. The Embassy Suites canceled my reservation so now I'm looking for another beachfront hotel for post cruise stay.

Did the say what St. Maartin and St Thomas ports are replaced with . I called last night and woman told me on the phone that Not going to Tortola as we got a refund for and Excursion.

Did the say what St. Maartin and St Thomas ports are replaced with . I called last night and woman told me on the phone that Not going to Tortola as we got a refund for and Excursion.

Here is what ncl.com shows:

Sun San Juan, Puerto Rico (EMBARK) --- 9:00 pm Mon At Sea --- --- Tue Castries, St. Lucia 8:00 am 5:00 pm Wed Fort-de-France, Martinique 8:00 am 5:00 pm Thu Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:00 am 5:00 pm Fri St. John's, Antigua 8:00 am 5:00 pm Sat St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands 8:00 am 5:00 pm Sun San Juan, Puerto Rico (DISEMBARK) 6:00 am ---

Here is what ncl.com shows:

Sun San Juan, Puerto Rico (EMBARK) --- 9:00 pm Mon At Sea --- --- Tue Castries, St. Lucia 8:00 am 5:00 pm Wed Fort-de-France, Martinique 8:00 am 5:00 pm Thu Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:00 am 5:00 pm Fri St. John's, Antigua 8:00 am 5:00 pm Sat St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands 8:00 am 5:00 pm Sun San Juan, Puerto Rico (DISEMBARK) 6:00 am ---

This must be for Nov 12 I am on the Sailing out of Boston Nov 3 one of the few trips that has not published the changes yet

• 2 weeks later...
san juan is fine

You may think it is fine, but it is darn difficult to get a confirmed hotel booking and airlines keep cancelling flights there and back. I hope your knowledge of San Juan is first hand knowledge and correct since we will be sailing the Dawn in December.

Hotels are booked cause government workers are in them all. Not because they are destroyed. Currently they average 100 flights a day versus 149 pre hurricane. Most of the reduction is demand driven because fewer people want to visit in Q 4 of this year

Sent from my iPhone using Forums