Does the SOlstice have a Laundry room?

MIAMIMEDIA

I have traveled on a RCCL ship which had a small laundry room with 2 small washers, 2 small dryers and an iron/ironing board. My kids (13, 11, 9) tend to wear about 2 bathing suits a day. I like to give them a wash and dry about mid-cruise so I do not have to pack 14 bathing suits. Does the Solstice have a laundry room? If not, what are my options?

Thanks in advance.

No Celebrity ship has a passenger laundry room. You can send laundry out for a fee, or rinse (use Woolite, Tide single-use packets, or Delicare) and hang in shower to dry. If you have a verandah you can put things there to dry, but don't leave anything out on the verandah when you are not in the room, or overnight.

Are you a diamond member with RCL? if so you will be an elite member

on X. One of the perks of being an elite member is free laundry service.

wash dry and fold. DW and I just finished a 10day cruise on Equinox.

We took full advantage of the laundry service. they did a great job. Id did take about 24 hrs to get our laundry back.But it was a great benefit for being ans elite member. X has the best captains club amenities!! hope this helps .

Really? You wash your kids suits after EVERY wear?? Seems kind of overkill to me---a quick rinse in the sink should be okay. Personally I can't imagine bringing more than 2 suits on a cruise. . .now if they were playing in the mud I could understand.

I have traveled on a RCCL ship which had a small laundry room with 2 small washers, 2 small dryers and an iron/ironing board. My kids (13, 11, 9) tend to wear about 2 bathing suits a day. I like to give them a wash and dry about mid-cruise so I do not have to pack 14 bathing suits. Does the Solstice have a laundry room? If not, what are my options?

Thanks in advance.

Never seen a passenger laundry on an RCI ship, so which ship were you on? I've been on most of them, so I'm curious as to which ship had a laundry.

Two bathing suits a day? Why? Most people tend to get along with only two suits total on a cruise. But, I wash mine in the sink and hang them in the bathroom to dry. They dry very quickly.

Thanks in advance.

No self laundry on X, but you could send them to the ship's laundry service. It's a bit expensive, especially if you send a lot of clothes, but for a few items it shouldn't be so bad. It does take about 24 hrs as OP said.

Never seen a passenger laundry on an RCI ship, so which ship were you on? I've been on most of them, so I'm curious as to which ship had a laundry.

Two bathing suits a day? Why? Most people tend to get along with only two suits total on a cruise. But, I wash mine in the sink and hang them in the bathroom to dry. They dry very quickly.

They like to change mid day for lunch and a nap and then do not like a wet suit. I usually take from 6 to 8 suits per kid. For my duaghter it is more of a fashion thing. I have rinsed in the sink on other trips but would prefer to wash in a machine.

It was actually the NCL PEARL and NCL JEWEL that had the laundry but I also think that the RCCL Navigator had one as well. Sometimes things on cruises blend.

Sorry

Carnival and Disney ships have laundry rooms. This is the first time I've ever booked a ship with no laundry. It's great to know that elite members get free laundry - that's a nice perk I'm sure I can use.

It's worth noting so nobody gets cofused that the free laundry is one bag per pax, not unlimited free laundry

Ah - so it's about a $10 - $15 value per passenger. Not a huge perk - but it would probably cover my needs.

I'm booked on my first Celebrity cruise - so I'm about $01K away from my free bag of laundry service.....someday...

• 3 weeks later...

Here we go again. No irons allowed. No steamers allowed. It's all in the Celebrity FAQ, and has had intensive discussion on this board, as can be seen with a search. No laundry room, no irons, no steamers. You will find many suggestions of how to deal with wrinkles from other posters, or you can send things out to be pressed.

Hope this helps a bit. BTW..not one place in the posting did this poster ever say anything about washing her kids suits every day...nor did she ask anyone if they approved of the number of bathing suits her kids brought on. Having two young adult children myself, (I realize the posters children are very young), one of them female, I also understand the bathing suit as a fashion statement thing. My 21 year old daughter still changes her suit several times a day:p Have a great trip!

Regular Service - Next Day

Picked up before 9:00 a.m., returned Next Day

Same Day Service - Add 50% Express Service Surcharge

Picked up before 9:00 a.m., returned Same Day

Laundry Services

LadiesGentlemenDress $5.50Trousers $3.75Skirt $2.75Shorts $2.50Slacks $3.25Sport Shirt $2.75Blouse $3.25Regular Shirt $2.75Blazer $4.25Formal Shirt $3.50Sweater $2.75Under Shirt $1.00Pajamas $3.25Under Shorts $1.00Night Gown $3.25T-Shirt $2.25Slip $1.50Pajamas $3.50Brassiere $1.50Handkerchief $0.75Panties $1.00Sweater $2.75Hosiery $1.00Socks $1.00Handkerchief $0.75Sweatshirt $2.50Bathing Suit $1.75Bathing Suit $1.75Sports Shirt $2.75Shorts $2.50Socks $1.00Sweatshirt $2.50

Dry-Cleaning Services

LadiesGentlemenSuit $7.00Suit $7.00Dress $6.00Sport Jacket $5.50Slacks $3.25Sport Shirt $2.75Skirt $4.50Tuxedo Jacket $6.00Blouse $3.75Vest $3.50Blazer $5.00Shirt $3.50Slacks $4.50Trousers $4.00Evening Gown $7.50Tie $2.00Silk Blouse $5.50Sweater $3.50Scarf $1.50

Pressing Services

LadiesGentlemenSuit $3.50Suit $3.50Blazer $2.50Sport Jacket $2.50Slacks $2.25Tuxedo Jacket $3.00Skirt $2.50Trousers $2.25Blouse $2.25Sport Shirt $1.50Shirt $1.75Regular Shirt $2.00Dress $3.75Formal Shirt $2.50Evening Gown $4.50Vest $1.75Silk Blouse $2.75

Special articles of apparel such as silks, flannel trousers, woolens and other items which are difficult to clean are accepted for laundering only at owner's risk

Items marked "DRY CLEAN ONLY," should NOT be laundered

In case of loss or damage, liability is limited to ten times the prices charges for laundry/pressing of said article. Not responsible for shrinkage, fastness of colors, zippers, buttons and ornaments, or ordinary wear and tear in pressing, or anything left in pockets of garments

All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without further notice.

Here we go again. No irons allowed. No steamers allowed. It's all in the Celebrity FAQ, and has had intensive discussion on this board, as can be seen with a search. No laundry room, no irons, no steamers. You will find many suggestions of how to deal with wrinkles from other posters, or you can send things out to be pressed.

Please don't be frustrated that I asked a question. That is what these boards are for. I am a Princess cruiser looking at doing Celebrity and other than reading and ask a question that stays in line with the topic that is the only way I will learn.

THank you for the responses. The ironing problem I will probably solve with the Downy RElease product someone mentioned. I will miss the ability to run a quick load if I want. (I didn't marry a very neat or mess-free man - so plenty of stain treatment packets will be on board with me as well). :D

Archived